Crinkles getting in my poly system. Need help

Daffie57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys and Happy New Year.

Anyway, i need help. Every time I put on my skin hair system I start getting the crinkles or ridges in my units because for some reason the system is not laying on properly. I use all tape and put on the unit from front to back and yet find these crinkles in my system even though I try as hard as I can to lay the piece on straight. Any advice you can give me to stop this problem would be most appreciated.

Thanks

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys and Happy New Year.

Anyway, i need help. Every time I put on my skin hair system I start getting the crinkles or ridges in my units because for some reason the system is not laying on properly. I use all tape and put on the unit from front to back and yet find these crinkles in my system even though I try as hard as I can to lay the piece on straight. Any advice you can give me to stop this problem would be most appreciated.

Thanks
That usually happens from stretching the poly. Never pull it into position... Doing so, even a few times, will damage the base....and make it a reoccurring problem...

Daffie57

My Regimen
Reaction score
So how would I put the poly unit on exactly? It seems to look ok, however should I just buy another hair system or is my piece still ok as it does not look damaged. Sorry still just a newbie here.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
So how would I put the poly unit on exactly? It seems to look ok, however should I just buy another hair system or is my piece still ok as it does not look damaged. Sorry still just a newbie here.
I hear you. I only know because I've done it myself. :)

If was a little off, too high or too much to one side, I would stretch the Poly...to where I wanted it and pressed down. It caused front to back wrinkles/raised lines.

If it's not terrible, I would use it and be more cognizant moving forward with the next system.

When installing, attach at the temples.....roll toward the back with slight tension, but not stretching.Keeping it taught.... They do the front the same way.

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Daffie. If it's a stock piece, which most are these days because of Covid, it may just not be a snug fit. If there is too much base material, that will cause wrinkles. All you can do is arrange for the wrinkles to be at the back, where they are covered up by the dense hair, rather than at the hairline where they are visible.

If you get a spray bottle and put some 99% isopropyl alcohol in it, and put a light spritz of alcohol on your head and on your tape just before you apply your unit, the alcohol will delay the effect of the adhesive for a few seconds, which will give you a bit of time to move your system into the perfect position and smooth out any wrinkles at the hairline. The alcohol boils off quickly doesn't have any long-term effect on your bond.