Creatine

RB1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
According to articles I've read online (and yes there are many! - even if only based on one study) - I'd estimate there's approximately a 50% chance creatine does accelerate hair loss due to the DHT factor. I dunno man, for something as important as keeping our hair is to us, that seems WAAAY too high to take a chance....

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
According to articles I've read online (and yes there are many! - even if only based on one study) - I'd estimate there's approximately a 50% chance creatine does accelerate hair loss due to the DHT factor. I dunno man, for something as important as keeping our hair is to us, that seems WAAAY too high to take a chance....

Maybe, but @David_MPN said it doesn't matter when you're on finasteride.

br1

Reaction score
Even if the study is correct, it should be impossible for creatine to increase DHT when you're on finasteride. If there's no 5ar around, then there's no 5ar around.

The itchiness might be from the increased testosterone you get from the better workouts.

What's your finasteride dose by the way?
Is there any other way to create DHT other than via T -> 5ar -> DHT ?

My question is, if you are on finasteride and so no 5ar around. Can the body create DHT somehow? (When taking creatine for example).

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any other way to create DHT other than via T -> 5ar -> DHT ?

My question is, if you are on finasteride and so no 5ar around. Can the body create DHT somehow? (When taking creatine for example).

Yeah there's another path that's been posted before, I forget how it goes though sorry.

It's not primary though.

br1

Reaction score
Yeah there's another path that's been posted before, I forget how it goes though sorry.

It's not primary though.
Anyways, about 10 days ago I decided to get on creatine (im on finasteride).

I have to say i was going through a shed (~30 hairs) on my "test". And the shed stopped while on creatine (~5 hairs, sometimes none).

So i guess the shed was going to end anyways and creatine did not affected it.

I will continue to monitor...

* gym gains went up. :)

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyways, about 10 days ago I decided to get on creatine (im on finasteride).

I have to say i was going through a shed (~30 hairs) on my "test". And the shed stopped while on creatine (~5 hairs, sometimes none).

So i guess the shed was going to end anyways and creatine did not affected it.

I will continue to monitor...

* gym gains went up. :)

Please report back in a few weeks.

Do you notice any changes to other factors affected by finasteride, such as erections, concentration, etc?

br1

Reaction score
Please report back in a few weeks.

Do you notice any changes to other factors affected by finasteride, such as erections, concentration, etc?

So, i never felt anything from finasteride. But, i took a 4 month break (after years on it) and i noticed right after a couple weeks, that my orgasms were way more intense. And the ejaculation force too. Now im back on finasteride and i definitely notice the difference. It's like another member wrote somewhere else in this forum: "it's like the hose is getting less pressure from the tap." Something along these lines. Still working just fine. But less pleasurable . :(

Anyways, i am observing that and so far nothing changed. For sure. Not physically, not mentally.

br1

Reaction score
2 weeks in.

Still too soon to notice anything, I guess.. Nevertheless, I decided to quit Creatine. Why?

1) Though I noticed the extra strength it gives, I can still get there. Just gonna take me some more time (it is not A LOT anyways).
2) Some days I think the hair is even better, other days I feel like it's taking a hit. Too much stress, thinking if creatine is doing something bad or not.
3) My hair was doing fine before it.

So, all in all, I decided to quit Creatine because it *could* be bad. So I don't want to introduce anything that could potentially (even if unlikely) worsen my stats.

If one day I can get my hair immunized against DHT (hello, Shiseido ????) I will use it again.

Us baldies have to make choices all the time.

Cheers.

ZZmop

Established Member
Reaction score
Personal anecdote so make of this what you will. I began using creatine for the first time aged 27; a few months into use was when this all began. I remember the first time I realised I was balding was right around the time I was busy measuring the powder in grams while gyming. I thought my barber had cut my hairline wrong (lmao). I'm 31 now and my crown is all scalp under light, temples are pushed back and my forelock has just hit very noticeable thinning. It's at the point where I'm considering buzzing it all.

Likely a coincidence but it's my own experience that prior to using creatine my hair was healthy and "real"; a few months into using it and my hair starts falling out and thinning. Now my hair doesn't really feel like hair, it's got that horrid wispiness to it.