Creatine, Working out and Hair Loss

oni

Reaction score
What makes you think it might the stuff does not have hair loss as one of it's side effects :) and as for working out as long as you do not use steroids it can release loads of lovely chemicals into your brain and make you feel a bit better about your hair loss and will not do your male pattern baldness any harm unlike steroids. I would suggest you research the effects of taking Creatine because it does have it's draw backs. :roll:

G

Although some people would say it does have an affect I don't think there has been any study to prove this.

oni

Reaction score
Maybe it was to do with the fact you have more T in your body when you work out and nothing to do with the Creatine.

hair_we_go

Reaction score
I disagree. I took creatine 2 years back. It caused significant hair loss to myself on the crown. When i stopped taking it and continued to work out it grew back.

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
There are people in HLH that use creatine topically, and report 'good results' with it.

G

My firm opinion as a medstudent is that Working out + protein supplement will increase hairloss due to extra testostorone in your serum.

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
nesta said:
My firm opinion as a medstudent is that Working out + protein supplement will increase hairloss due to extra testostorone in your serum.

What about running?

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
...But doesnt creatine help your body store and use more water in the muscles then usual?......yea well then if thats the case how does that have anything to do with higher test levels?...

in my opinion creatine does not help you loss more hair.

G

Buffboy said:
nesta said:

What about running?

Long distance running/intensive cardio - from what I have heard - lowers serum testosterone. I haven´t read anything about it but I´m sure that it´s easily obtainable knowledge.

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
wtf? working out increases hair loss?

and yo screw that creatine sh*t... just use the natural methods... eat a lot protein.. and lift

i take in a lot of turkey and chicken since it is low in fat also. not that kfc, boston market sh*t though

G

pleasehelpme said:
wtf? working out increases hair loss?

and yo screw that creatine sh*t... just use the natural methods... eat a lot protein.. and lift

i take in a lot of turkey and chicken since it is low in fat also. not that kfc, boston market sh*t though

And I bet that´s common for people losing hair - lifting weights and eating alot of protein. It hit me so hard when I saw my friend the other day - in 4 months he has put on soo much muscle (he won´t touch any steroids, also a medstudent) and lost soooo much hair. He´s one of those guys who almost look better without hair so he doesn´t mind - but still.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Funny how peopel think if you eat protein and work out youll gain big muscle........you need other minerals such as amino acids for that protien to even get into yuor system...you would just sh*t it out.

moegreen

Reaction score
nesta said:
Buffboy said:
nesta said:

What about running?

Long distance running/intensive cardio - from what I have heard - lowers serum testosterone. I haven´t read anything about it but I´m sure that it´s easily obtainable knowledge.

I concur, 'extensive' endurance runing will leave you with lower testoserone levels (basically exhaust the sh*t out of yourself). From what I've read, this is around 1hr +

G

nesta said:

Is this what crap they teach med students these days? Working out will raise T levels but for a short time and at such a minimal level that will have no effect on hairloss. Just another myth like wanking causing hairloss. Friggin sick of some of the BS I read on these sites.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I second the motion and move to strike :-x

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
uhh isn't protein composed of amino acids? and yeah im not saying just eat meat only... you need a lot of carbs and fiber too.

and nesta where the hell did you hear that?