Creatine, lifting, and HIIT

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
First off, did any of you guys load your creatine first? I did a lot of research that said initial loading on creatine (4-5 teaspoons a day) was not needed. I am currently doing once a day(been on about 3 days).

Also, does anyone here do HIIT? I started to do it on my stationary bike. I go slow /low intensity for 20 seconds, yank it up to high intensity and pedal my *** off for about 15 seconds. I repeat this a few times. Maybe for a total fo 8 minutes (a typical HIIT session). Will this be enough , combined with eating right, to lower body fat %?

G

Stabber said:
First off, did any of you guys load your creatine first? I did a lot of research that said initial loading on creatine (4-5 teaspoons a day) was not needed. I am currently doing once a day(been on about 3 days).

Also, does anyone here do HIIT? I started to do it on my stationary bike. I go slow /low intensity for 20 seconds, yank it up to high intensity and pedal my *** off for about 15 seconds. I repeat this a few times. Maybe for a total fo 8 minutes (a typical HIIT session). Will this be enough , combined with eating right, to lower body fat %?

Fist time I loaded up, I cramped. The second time I simply started at 5GMs and no cramps.

Re: HIIT-Yes if you really work hard, the 8 minutes will do wonders. Try sprinting if you can. You will lose you lunch and your love handles.

Good luck

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks bruce. I'm currently 6'2, 193lbs @ 20%bf :freaked2:
I'm an ectomorph, so I look skinny still. I'll have to get to about 210bs, with 12% bf to look the way I want to.

Long way to go. I suspect I will gain a few pounds on the creatine as it makes you retain water?

G

Stabber said:
thanks bruce. I'm currently 6'2, 193lbs @ 20%bf :freaked2:
I'm an ectomorph, so I look skinny still. I'll have to get to about 210bs, with 12% bf to look the way I want to.

Long way to go. I suspect I will gain a few pounds on the creatine as it makes you retain water?

Creatine might add a tad. As you get stronger on the creatine, you should add some density and weight.

The sprinting should help also. Check out the world class sprinters. Way built and lean to boot!

Some say it is the natural growth hormone spurt, some say drugs. But sprinters have always been built.

Good luck.

Olorin

Established Member
Reaction score
I dropped 10% bodyfat in 2 months. No special diets or fancy workouts. No junk food. no booze. 6 small meals of veggies, lean meats, fruits, flax seed oil, fish.. etc.

Working out doesnt have to be a miracle plan either. Lift. next week. Lift a bit more

Repeat.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
Olorin said:
I dropped 10% bodyfat in 2 months. No special diets or fancy workouts. No junk food. no booze. 6 small meals of veggies, lean meats, fruits, flax seed oil, fish.. etc.

Working out doesnt have to be a miracle plan either. Lift. next week. Lift a bit more

Repeat.

holy sh*t! Did you retain most of your muscle mass? Did you count calories?

Olorin

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't count calories exactly but I knew what I was going to eat during the day. I got a bit over a gram of protein per pound. the ratio was probably 45% protein 30% carbs 25% fat. Most of my fat came from olive oil, flax seed oil... natural fat in foods, stuff like that.

My weight went from 200 pounds when I started at 24% bf, to 202 pounds at 18% bodyfat in the first month. The second month I went from 202 pounds to 195 and my bf dropped to 15. My strength has gone through the roof and I've never looked better.

I think dropping carbs is a huge mistake. Drop the wrong kinds of carbs. White breads, crackers, pure sugars. Replace them with baked potatoes, vegetables, light amounts of fruit, multi grain breads. It doesn't HAVE to be a miracle diet. Just patience and busting your ***. Believe me, if my McDonalds loving fat *** can do it anyone can.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
did you do any cardio etc? Take any supplements? I'm at 192-195lbs right now. I figured I need to get to around 180 and retain most of my muscle mass...

Olorin

Established Member
Reaction score
The last two months the only supplementation I took was protein powders. I have a strawberry protein I mix with egg whies in the morning (god damn thats better than it souinds) and a whey protein i drink with a scoop of dextrose immediately after my workout. A typical day for me could look like this.

1'st meal
8 egg white liquids
1scoop protein mixed with water and the egg.

2'nd meal
6oz chicken breast
1 cup vegetables sprinkled with flax seed oil
half a baked potato

3'rd meal (after workout)
protein powder with dextrose

one hour later
8oz lean ground beef
1 whole wheat tortilla
1/2 cup fruit
handful of almonds

5'th meal
2oz low fat cheese
1/2 cup fruit
handful almonds

that's just a quick example. I have everything tested with this bf machine :p my lean mass went UP. total bodyfat down, and I think I actually gained 2 pounds the first month.

Olorin

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh and I didn't do a great amount of cardio. 15 minutes on the bike before and after my weights. In between sets I jumped rope.

G

Olorin said:
The last two months the only supplementation I took was protein powders. I have a strawberry protein I mix with egg whies in the morning (god damn thats better than it souinds) and a whey protein i drink with a scoop of dextrose immediately after my workout. A typical day for me could look like this.

1'st meal
8 egg white liquids

2'nd meal
6oz chicken breast
half a baked potato

one hour later
8oz lean ground beef
1 whole wheat tortilla
1/2 cup fruit
handful of almonds

5'th meal
2oz low fat cheese
1/2 cup fruit
handful almonds

that's just a quick example. I have everything tested with this bf machine :p my lean mass went UP. total bodyfat down, and I think I actually gained 2 pounds the first month.

Congratulations, you are on a low carb diet.

:rockon:

G

Olorin said:
:smoke: I'm on a SMART carb diet :)

Smart, dumb, good, bad, it is for sure that it is low by any normal standards.

And that is a GOOD thing!

:lol:

Olorin

Established Member
Reaction score
On that point we agree. I went to McDonalds last month on a whim. I felt like I had crawled head first into a tub of oil. Never again. Funny how quickly the body can change isn't it?

G

Olorin said:
On that point we agree. I went to McDonalds last month on a whim. I felt like I had crawled head first into a tub of oil. Never again. Funny how quickly the body can change isn't it?

Indeed. I haven't eaten that crap in maybe 15-20 yrs. The thought of it makes me want to vomit.

:lol:

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
that is funny. I used to eat it all the time. Now, if I eat something like that or potato chips. I wanna hurl. When I have kids, they are staying away from that sh*t too. I don't want them participating in any obese children of america studies :laugh:

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
Olorin said:

1'st meal
8 egg white liquids

2'nd meal
6oz chicken breast
half a baked potato

one hour later
8oz lean ground beef
1 whole wheat tortilla
1/2 cup fruit
handful of almonds

5'th meal
2oz low fat cheese
1/2 cup fruit
handful almonds

Textbook bodybuilding/cutting diet. I need to eat more like that. Did you eat mostly the same thing every day for ease? I need to start doing this. but this past week has been pretty good. This sounds gross, but this is some good foods I've found that are pretty good on a cut.
mussels in garlic sauce
octopus in garlic sauce
chicken breast (canned. believe it or not its healthy!)
albacore tuna (water is better for you. But I prefer in oil)
smuckers natural peanut butter
1% milk (cut back to 1 glass a day now)

Supplements:
vit c
oneaday
calcium
creatine
protein powder
dextrose

I get enough protein, and usually take in 180 carbs a day ( :freaked: )
I used to intake 100, but I was so lethargic. I'm going to give my current schedule a shot and see what I can come up with. I've made good gains with the weights.

When I first started cutting, i went down to 1500 calories daily. I lost nothing but muscle mass!

G

Stabber said:
that is funny. I used to eat it all the time. Now, if I eat something like that or potato chips. I wanna hurl. When I have kids, they are staying away from that sh*t too. I don't want them participating in any obese children of america studies :laugh:

You will be a wise parent! :)

G

Right. I'm gonna give up the giant Sunday pizza that makes me sick. You know, I don't even like it anymore, I just think I'm going to like it.

I've pretty much settled into a diet of vegetables, tofu, TVP, chicken and beef. I like my food, I've found that part of my life. The big old bready cheesy greasy crap tastes good but I don't enjoy eating it anymore. Similar to sweets, I almost never eat sweets. I know they taste good but I also don't enjoy eating them.

I think I grewed up while I wasn't paying attention...