Creatine And Finasteride. Opinions/experiences?

jjuliajul11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't know if finasteride can affect hair loss, but I have a friend who bought it on online pharmacy and he seems to be fine. He could not gain weight for a long time and an acquaintance advised him to do so. He now really looks great and already has a lot of attention from woman. But in my opinion, if you can do without it, it's worth it. For example, I have been doing sports for about two years. At first the result was not visible, but now I am in very good physical shape

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the overall consensus is that creatine does no harm to hair? I have been lifting weights and thought an extra boost would be good so i bought some, just don't want to harm my hair.

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So the overall consensus is that creatine does no harm to hair? I have been lifting weights and thought an extra boost would be good so i bought some, just don't want to harm my hair.
No way will Creatine cause hair loss. If u take 10-20 grams of monohydrate or 5-15 grams of hcl a day. Not sure about very large doses.
Most people u see in the gym are on creatine in the form of preworkouts and whey protein

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Creatine is primarily used for, and helpful, in aiding in the recovery and muscle healing process. It does add strength, mainly in the skeletal muscles, but the size it adds is usually simply water retention and this occurs at higher doses.
All you really need to gain the most benefits is 5-10 grams a day of creatine monohydrate.
More than that doesn't cause hair loss, but will usually cause unwanted stomach/digestion issues and dehydration, not to mention bloating. That "puffy" look.

My advice is find a pre-workout with creatine, and a post workout Whey protein with creatine. You don't need plain creatine powder, just a waste of money and causes stomach issues.