Creatine And Finasteride. Opinions/experiences?

rryan89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im really into bodybuilding and currently take finasteride 1 mg. Never had any problems with gains due to the finasteride. My question is do you guys personally think creatine is worth the risk for hair loss? There has never really been any proven scientific evidence, except for that one small rugby study, and anecdotal evidence from users. Personally, I really like the way creatine fills out your muscles due to the water retention within the muscle itself. I believe over time that the 1-2 extra reps you get from creatine can make a difference in the long run to your physique. Im just so conflicted on whether its worth it or not.

So, any other fitness fanatics on this thread, do you think creatine causes an acceleration of hair loss? Is it worth the possible risk based on the lack of evidence? Is this negligible when taking finasteride? Thanks guys.

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I pussied out 5 months ago when i bought creatine.Im also wondering if I should give it a go.Its dumb to look at the comments of people who say that their hair started shedding after 6 or more months or even years of using creatine.Im scared because some people report shedding after few doses.If anyone is using creatine I would like to hear if it is causing any trouble in terms of shedding.

goery

My Regimen
Reaction score
Creatine can not cause any harm. Just drink more water before you go sleep

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that creatine is really good, and it will not harm you surely. I also take some good CBD products from GoldBee brand. I think they help me stay energized and realx better when needed. Thei CBD gummies are the best, and I absolutely love those. CBD works really better than any vitamins or other supplements for me. Have you ever tried those? I am sure that you will like them

Last edited:

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im really into bodybuilding and currently take finasteride 1 mg. Never had any problems with gains due to the finasteride. My question is do you guys personally think creatine is worth the risk for hair loss? There has never really been any proven scientific evidence, except for that one small rugby study, and anecdotal evidence from users. Personally, I really like the way creatine fills out your muscles due to the water retention within the muscle itself. I believe over time that the 1-2 extra reps you get from creatine can make a difference in the long run to your physique. Im just so conflicted on whether its worth it or not.

So, any other fitness fanatics on this thread, do you think creatine causes an acceleration of hair loss? Is it worth the possible risk based on the lack of evidence? Is this negligible when taking finasteride? Thanks guys.
Creatine don't cause hair loss. There is just one bad study show that increase DHT, there not any single study after all this years proving this. Was just stupid study that didn't compare baseline before they started with lifting weight .
I am 42 , with hair loss since 18 and training since I was 14. tacking finasteride since 20 years or so, never so any difference when I take it about hair , even know that I am not taking orally finasteride or dutasteride.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Obviously could have been coincidental and not causation, but my hair loss worsened drastically when I first used creatine.

Saying coincidentally because there were so many other factors. Anthrax shot, deployed to a very active war zone, extreme stress, poor sleep, non existent hygiene, ate unidentifiable garbage more often than not, etc.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Obviously could have been coincidental and not causation, but my hair loss worsened drastically when I first used creatine.

Saying coincidentally because there were so many other factors. Anthrax shot, deployed to a very active war zone, extreme stress, poor sleep, non existent hygiene, ate unidentifiable garbage more often than not, etc.

bloody hell, where were you

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that creatine is really good, and it will not harm you surely. I also take some good CBD products from GoldBee brand. I think they help me stay energized and realx better when needed. Thei CBD gummies are the best, and I absolutely love those. CBD works really better than any vitamins or other supplements for me. Have you ever tried those? I am sure that you will like them
Sadly I can't have the added sugar or any potential gluten in gummies.

CBD oil I use instead.

Likewise

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very different comments about Creatine here. Just ordered myself some from canadian pharmacy, if it has no effect i can live with that. Hope it doesn't get worse eventually. Same about cbd. Is it really absolutely harmless?

Last edited:

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Creatine has never, and will never cause hair loss. It is one of the most basic and standard fitness supplements on the market next to whey protein.

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Creatine has never, and will never cause hair loss. It is one of the most basic and standard fitness supplements on the market next to whey protein.
Completely incorrect, increase in DHT is documented. Funny how one of the biggest selling sports products of all time flies under the radar.

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Completely incorrect, increase in DHT is documented. Funny how one of the biggest selling sports products of all time flies under the radar.
Point me to the study from reputable source showing creatine causes rises in dht significant enough to cause hair loss.

This is unheard of within the fitness community.

And I'm talking about creatine monohydrate 5g twice daily, or hcl 3 grams twice daily

Last edited:

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Point me to the study from reputable source showing creatine causes rises in dht significant enough to cause hair loss.

This is unheard of within the fitness community.

And I'm talking about creatine monohydrate 5g twice daily, or hcl 3 grams twice daily
are you unable to research yourself? (no offence)

ultimately hair loss has not been a side effect demeaned necessary of research because ...... money.

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting and no offense taken my friend, I have done plenty of research on the matter, and more importantly have plenty of actual life experience on the matter.

While I appreciate your 'Google Search' skills you call research, I think I'll defer to my many years of training with hundreds of other athletes, all who have utilized one of the most basic side effect free supplements (naturally occurring in your body) creatine.

The simple fact remains that millions of men take creatine daily and do not experience hair loss as a side effect, regardless of what one study claims.

Not to mention, most pre workout supplements and whey protein powder have creatine in them, and basically any serious training regiment includes both of these. To avoid creatine you have to basically be supplement-free, and eliminate many foods from your diet which contain creatine.

Also, important to remember that creatine is naturally occurring within your body, and is contained in many of the foods you eat. So we all have creatine.

I don't recommend pumping 25 grams or more daily like your study shows, but studies usually deviate from the norm toward the extremes.
Nice Google Search though.

Last edited:

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting and no offense taken my friend, I have done plenty of research on the matter, and more importantly have plenty of actual life experience on the matter.

While I appreciate your 'Google Search' skills you call research, I think I'll defer to my many years of training with hundreds of other athletes, all who have utilized one of the most basic side effect free supplements (naturally occurring in your body) creatine.

The simple fact remains that millions of men take creatine daily and do not experience hair loss as a side effect, regardless of what one study claims.

Not to mention, most pre workout supplements and whey protein powder have creatine in them, and basically any serious training regiment includes both of these. To avoid creatine you have to basically be supplement-free, and eliminate many foods from your diet which contain creatine.

Also, important to remember that creatine is naturally occurring within your body, and is contained in many of the foods you eat. So we all have creatine.

I don't recommend pumping 25 grams or more daily like your study shows, but studies usually deviate from the norm toward the extremes.
Nice Google Search though.

you can get preworkouts and whey without creatine