Created A Compact Treatment That Should Work In Theory|need Your Comments

Reaction score
In theory,preventing all the endogenous androgens from binding to the androgen receptors located in the scalp should stop the progression of Androgenetic Alopecia,moreover it can even reverse it.To list these androgens from strongest to weakest in order;DHT,Testosterone,Other Weak Androgenic Metabolites.Testosterone and weak androgenic metabolites can be tackled through an androgen receptor antagonist such as RU58841.According to the Wikipedia page,Testosterone has a binding affinity of ''100'' as a value to the androgen receptor while the value for RU58841 is ''150'' So with sufficient dosing and right vehicle,ru58841 should take care of androgens other than dht.What about dht ? We have to use a 5ARI here as there is nothing but only 5ARI drugs that can take care of dht except for very strong anti-androgens such as Flutamide,Bicalutamide which have serious side effects so we should avoid them.To achieve maximum reduction in the scalp dht levels,2.5 mg dutasteride should be taken orally on a daily basis.2.5 mg dutasteride reduces scalp dht levels by %79.There is that %21 remaining scalp dht that can wreak havoc on hair depending on the severity of the Androgenetic Alopecia.So my question is,how to nuke scalp dht %100

1.Dutasteride 2.5 mg orally+additional topical dutasteride- Can that further reduce scalp dht ?
2.Since it's testosterone that is converted into dht.If we can lower scalp testosterone levels,shouldn't scalp dht also further decrease ? I believe testosterone in the scalp is converted in the scalp into dht by 5ar2 or even 5ar1.So that should also work.

What are your thoughts ?

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride 2.5mg daily? Dude thats insane, its too much.
A reputable hair transplant surgeon told me that you should take 1mg weekly, due to the half life of dutasteride

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
In theory,preventing all the endogenous androgens from binding to the androgen receptors located in the scalp should stop the progression of Androgenetic Alopecia,moreover it can even reverse it.To list these androgens from strongest to weakest in order;DHT,Testosterone,Other Weak Androgenic Metabolites.Testosterone and weak androgenic metabolites can be tackled through an androgen receptor antagonist such as RU58841.According to the Wikipedia page,Testosterone has a binding affinity of ''100'' as a value to the androgen receptor while the value for RU58841 is ''150'' So with sufficient dosing and right vehicle,ru58841 should take care of androgens other than dht.What about dht ? We have to use a 5ARI here as there is nothing but only 5ARI drugs that can take care of dht except for very strong anti-androgens such as Flutamide,Bicalutamide which have serious side effects so we should avoid them.To achieve maximum reduction in the scalp dht levels,2.5 mg dutasteride should be taken orally on a daily basis.2.5 mg dutasteride reduces scalp dht levels by %79.There is that %21 remaining scalp dht that can wreak havoc on hair depending on the severity of the Androgenetic Alopecia.So my question is,how to nuke scalp dht %100

1.Dutasteride 2.5 mg orally+additional topical dutasteride- Can that further reduce scalp dht ?
2.Since it's testosterone that is converted into dht.If we can lower scalp testosterone levels,shouldn't scalp dht also further decrease ? I believe testosterone in the scalp is converted in the scalp into dht by 5ar2 or even 5ar1.So that should also work.

What are your thoughts ?
In theory you're right 2.5mg dutasteride and RU58841 should at least stop male pattern baldness in its tracks.
However depends on if you respond to RU58841 and due to the lack of data on RU, we don't know how effective it is, and what %respond.... Also there is a good chance of sides on this regimen.
That said I'm on RU58841 and finesteride and have sides but they are bearable.