Covure or dermmatch?

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm considering using one of these concealers along with Toppik and would like to hear from people about which one is best. I know there's only one way to tell for sure, but some feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Which is easier to apply?
Which stays on the best?
Which is better for you scalp?
Will either of them interfer with new hair growth?
I'm having to use way too much Toppik, so hopefully either of these other products will cut down on that. My main issue is with the hairline and a few inches back from it. The Toppik doesn't stay put as well in that area. Yes, I know this might have been discussed before, but I went back several pages and didn't find any answers.
I've also considered fullmore, but I've heard it's basically like spray painting your head.
Is that true or is it a good product?

Petchsky

Reaction score
I've only used dermatch and not couvre. I believe couvre is for the scalp, while dermatch is mainly for the hair.

Dermatch is messy to apply but very effective and can be used well in conjunction with toppik. It's not bad for the scalp and won't impede hair growth.

Never used Fullmore, I think toppik/nanogen and dermatch are the most popular concealers, nanogen is very similar to toppik.

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.
So dermmatch is for the hair instead of the scalp?
How is it used?

Petchsky

Reaction score
It looks like make up in a disc container, you get a swab....it's kind of like shoe polish, you apply it to your hair with the swab, dry, and brush it, then if needed add some toppik.

Instructions will be on the container. Last a long time also.

see here,

http://www.dermmatch.com/

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Does dermmatch weigh your hair down, though?
That's the last thing I need.
And does it give you a chalky appearance?

s.a.f

Reaction score
No
Yes

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't get dermmatch yet like I had originally planned. Instead I got megathick (which is like Toppik) and prothik.
Megathick doesn't come out of the bottle easily as Toppik, which is both a plus and minus. It takes longer to apply, but you also have more control. Prothik is excellent, but the color is off. I got medium brown, but it's very dark. Next time I'll go a shade lighter.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Use Couvre, then Toppik on top on the crown for added coverage and realism if hair parts....this is what I do.

nash2016

My Regimen
Reaction score
Toppik + Dermmatch works well for me. Just put it in and use some l'oréal paris elnett hairspray. That gives it a great hold, and the shine from the hairspray hides the dull look of the concealers very well