Couvre Alternative/concealer Lotion!

khyron

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have diabetes related hair loss, which has resulted in a bald patch in the front top of my head. I have a hairline and no other loss other than this bald spot.

I've used couvre up till now, I would just cover the scalp and comb my hair like normal. my hair is thick so its quite convincing.

Toppik appears to have discontinued Couvre, anyone aware of any other type of concealment lotion? everything seems to be fibers etc which don't seem to work so well for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

brianw

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have diabetes related hair loss, which has resulted in a bald patch in the front top of my head. I have a hairline and no other loss other than this bald spot.

I've used couvre up till now, I would just cover the scalp and comb my hair like normal. my hair is thick so its quite convincing.

Toppik appears to have discontinued Couvre, anyone aware of any other type of concealment lotion? everything seems to be fibers etc which don't seem to work so well for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Why do you think couvre has been discontinued? It appears available as always.

khyron

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, sorta a lotion.
I ended up buying Toppik thickening spray an jerome russell Hair Color Thickener.
Both work quite good, the toppik is 3 times the price and does work better. But for most uses the jerome russell Hair Color Thickener is fine. I'd trust the toppik spray in hotter weather, wet conditions more.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks,
I've never tried any of the sprays, Mane or Toppik etc. Only ever the fibres.

The Couvre lotion is on Amazon UK for £45, and another Couvre one for 20, They look the same, but one says Alopeica, but I'm not up on them to know the difference. Jerome Russell, I've not heard of before, but it's only £5 on there and being moaned about by buyers about the pillow saga.

What is Fullmore, just to confuse the issue, also made my Couvre/Toppik, and also a spray. If both made by Toppik, what is the difference between Fullmore and Toppik spray?

khyron

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fullmore was the previous name of the toppik hair thickening spray. Its been rebranded, some say its not quite the same product.

You can find some old new stock of couvre but toppik has discontinued it, the prices for it seem to reflect that. There is a very similar product available in europe from Ecobell called Scalp Concealing masking . They also make a dermmatch type of product.

So far the spray is working ok, I just use the jerome stuff as its so cheap.

Thanks,
I've never tried any of the sprays, Mane or Toppik etc. Only ever the fibres.

The Couvre lotion is on Amazon UK for £45, and another Couvre one for 20, They look the same, but one says Alopeica, but I'm not up on them to know the difference. Jerome Russell, I've not heard of before, but it's only £5 on there and being moaned about by buyers about the pillow saga.

What is Fullmore, just to confuse the issue, also made my Couvre/Toppik, and also a spray. If both made by Toppik, what is the difference between Fullmore and Toppik spray?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up. If you've just got the one patch and your hair is quite thick, have you ever tried Dermmatch?
May be all you need if your hair is still quite thick, or have you not had much luck with it?

khyron

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up. If you've just got the one patch and your hair is quite thick, have you ever tried Dermmatch?
May be all you need if your hair is still quite thick, or have you not had much luck with it?

I will give it a try, hope its worth the price.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's less mess than what you're using, and longer lasting, but it's only good on it's own if you don't have a lot missing. I have to use fibres with it. From what you've said, you may be good trying that on it's own.

Rolando79

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Any help would be

There is a new alternative to the discontinued couvré. It's called ecobell it is a lot more reasonably priced and available at fabove.ca
Hope this helps

Rolando79

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a new alternative to the discontinued couvré. It's called ecobell it is a lot more reasonably priced and available at fabove.ca
Hope this helps