Countering Minoxidil 5% Sides. (once A Day)

zigzag

My Regimen
Reaction score
As mentioned in the title. Ive been using minoxidil once a day, in evening - 1ml only for 2 weeks so far. Sad part is I think I experience sides. Puffy eyes and even darker than usual genetic circles. What is more I have that heavy eyes feeling. Basically turning into a zombie. Is there any chance to mitigate negative effects or not really and just stay with fina only?

vinn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Drink more water and if that doesn't work slightly reduce your dose.

zigzag

My Regimen
Reaction score
A lil update. 3rd day off minoxidil and my eyes are still in meh state, guess it might be something different.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A lil update. 3rd day off minoxidil and my eyes are still in meh state, guess it might be something different.

The half life of minoxidil is 22 hours. It takes 5-6 days to get out from your system. And thereafter few days more to your body to recover. If after 2 weeks you are in the same situation it could be something else

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As mentioned in the title. Ive been using minoxidil once a day, in evening - 1ml only for 2 weeks so far. Sad part is I think I experience sides. Puffy eyes and even darker than usual genetic circles. What is more I have that heavy eyes feeling. Basically turning into a zombie. Is there any chance to mitigate negative effects or not really and just stay with fina only?

How soon before you hit the pillow are you applying? Are you a side sleeper? It is very possible that the stuff is getting on your pillows and you are sleeping on it. This was happening to me before I got something called a wrinkle free pillow. If not it could be an allergic reaction. Try taking a benadryl and see how you react.

People do get those sides from minoxidil but it is typically when they take it orally or use a very large amount.

LongWayHome

Established Member
Reaction score
How soon before you hit the pillow are you applying? Are you a side sleeper? It is very possible that the stuff is getting on your pillows and you are sleeping on it. This was happening to me before I got something called a wrinkle free pillow. If not it could be an allergic reaction. Try taking a benadryl and see how you react.

People do get those sides from minoxidil but it is typically when they take it orally or use a very large amount.

Hey man, Does that "wrinkle free pillow" really help?
I would love to hear some more about it because it sounds exactly like something I need (because of minoxidil, sadly)
so please if you can send me an email to konedvarim@gmail.com so that we can talk about it,
that would be great!

zigzag

My Regimen
Reaction score
I apply it around 4 hours before going to bed, so I think nothing gets rubbed into my pillow. I'm going to do some allergy tests since I look like I'm crying all the time :).

Last edited:

zigzag

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd rather stick with it since I've started to experience a shed (from 1-2 hair to around 10 when doing a pull test) in areas where I was applying it.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd rather stick with it since I've started to experience a shed (from 1-2 hair to around 10 when doing a pull test) in areas where I was applying it.

You are only going to make the things worse bro. You are at high risk to become allergic to finasteride too if you continue to play with your immune system everyday

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get stemox or adenosine and go down with the dose until it stops. 2 and 5% are pretty much the same efficacy-wise on the course of 92 weeks. If that doesnt work go down to 1.5 or 1%. 1% and 5% were like five hair difference in another study...

Generally look at the dosage of oral minoxidil: less than 1mg is effective for hair. So what do we even need 50mg/ml for? On 2ml we put 100mg of minoxidil on our heads...

And check your blood pressure. Maybe even see your Doctor for it.

zigzag

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the deal with minoxidil and blood pressure. It has lowering effect right? So Im guessing my 124/80 (130-83 after alcohol) isn't bad. I checked it yesterday :).

vinn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bet even with 0,10 ml he will have the same sides. When you are allergic there is nothing to do
I believe everyone experiences the side effect of puffy face on minoxidil, most people just don't pay attention to it or care. The side effects of minoxidil are dose-dependent.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I believe everyone experiences the side effect of puffy face on minoxidil, most people just don't pay attention to it or care. The side effects of minoxidil are dose-dependent.

I dont know man.. it should be written in the side effects..

zigzag

My Regimen
Reaction score
It turns out it might be some soft of conjunctivitis, since my eyeballs are getting red... Just got my prescribed eyedrops.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It turns out it might be some soft of conjunctivitis, since my eyeballs are getting red... Just got my prescribed eyedrops.

Lol man , it cant be more clear that its an allergic reaction. If the eye drops are corticosteroids they will help a lot to relieve your eyes simptoms since they supress the immune system