Could Excessive Dermarolling Cause Hair Loss?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen the study done on this and consistently tried it for long periods but get no benefit from it and in fact continue losing hair. I use a 1mm once a week and a 0.25mm twice a week.

I'd be interested in hearing how others have found it.

Same, i have yet to see someone show regrowth or even maintenance with needling alone.

sdaak

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shower immediately after, so you don't get due dried blood on your scalp.

I wouldn't suggest that based on my past experiences.
I do mesotherapy at the doctor's office ( which is essentially microneedling + some growth factor injected )

how it goes is :
Doctor sanitize the scalp with biseptine
Injections are done
Doctor does a quick light massage
Doctor cleans again with biseptine ( or some other antiseptic )
then asks me not to shower for at least 12 hours, and no shampoo for 24h

He's probably being cautious, but he's also a professional. So i would not advise you to shower after needling but use some antiseptic instead and wait at least the morning after until you take a shower.

Ascension

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
can't say...im using a multitude of topicals but according to studies ur hair growth as well from needling effect
what topicals do you use? just so we get a perspective,

Ive heard of coconut oil + castor oil as being good and refreshing for the scalp right after microneedling so i usually apply 2-3mls of that mixture right after, try it out it makes my scalp smoother

how do you clean your scalp before microneedling and how do you clean it after with all the blood on?

In my case i leave the blood for now and it dries up by the next day but i only leave it cause im scared of washing it with all the holes and wounds still open from bacteria coming from the water, what do you do after all the blood and how many hours until you apply a topical again?

Lastly how do you clean the pen cartridge specifically? I always cant seem to get all the dead skin cells off for some reason, i put it in almost boiling water for a few minutes then rinse it with soap and run it under the sink, then let it dry out and after its dry i put in an alcohol solution and let that dry out too, skin cells are still visible though which i dont really know what to do.

sdaak

My Regimen
Reaction score
how do you clean your scalp before microneedling and how do you clean it after with all the blood on?

Please read my post above.

In my case i leave the blood for now and it dries up by the next day

Pretty sure this isn't the ideal thing, at the very least clean it before with antiseptics.

Lastly how do you clean the pen cartridge specifically
Put them in alcohol ( 70 - 90% ) for a while, then rinse with hot water.
If you still manage to see some skin cell around then i'm not really sure, but technically they are inert since the alcohol kills every virus or bacteria.

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
what topicals do you use? just so we get a perspective,

Ive heard of coconut oil + castor oil as being good and refreshing for the scalp right after microneedling so i usually apply 2-3mls of that mixture right after, try it out it makes my scalp smoother

In my case i leave the blood for now and it dries up by the next day but i only leave it cause im scared of washing it with all the holes and wounds still open from bacteria coming from the water, what do you do after all the blood and how many hours until you apply a topical again?

Lastly how do you clean the pen cartridge specifically? I always cant seem to get all the dead skin cells off for some reason, i put it in almost boiling water for a few minutes then rinse it with soap and run it under the sink, then let it dry out and after its dry i put in an alcohol solution and let that dry out too, skin cells are still visible though which i dont really know what to do.

i just wash it with regular shampoo before i needle.

after theres blood ofc at 2.5mm but i leave it on all day

if i use the pen cartidge again ill dilute it in alchohol for 15 min. i try not to use it again because the needles dull fast.

Ascension

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please read my post above.

Pretty sure this isn't the ideal thing, at the very least clean it before with antiseptics.

Put them in alcohol ( 70 - 90% ) for a while, then rinse with hot water.
If you still manage to see some skin cell around then i'm not really sure, but technically they are inert since the alcohol kills every virus or bacteria.
yes sorry i replied before i read the whole thread,
and yeah i think they are inert but they are still on the needles you know, what if i inject the dead skin in my scalp

Ascension

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i just wash it with regular shampoo before i needle.

after theres blood ofc at 2.5mm but i leave it on all day

if i use the pen cartidge again ill dilute it in alchohol for 15 min. i try not to use it again because the needles dull fast.
and after you leave the blood on how many hours after do you wash it off? i should probably just throw them away to be fair

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
and after you leave the blood on how many hours after do you wash it off? i should probably just throw them away to be fair

i dont have a shower that day. this is done in the morning i do the needling and then i wash it out around 12 am in the morning or so

jd_uk

Reaction score
I'm speaking from personal experience here: I started at 1.5mm needling with DR pen. I worked my way up to aggressive 2.5mm with 3-5 speed level. My scalp bleeds and goes red like someone smashed a bottle on it. But the after effect is significant hair growth. It's almost like I had a hair transplant.
Do you use anything else? Have you got progress pics up anywhere?

jd_uk

Reaction score
I've seen the study done on this and consistently tried it for long periods but get no benefit from it and in fact continue losing hair. I use a 1mm once a week and a 0.25mm twice a week.

I'd be interested in hearing how others have found it.
How long have you been doing it for? Using anything else?

jd_uk

Reaction score
if you do that you will 100% infect your scalp with microbes and bacteria from the water, while also clogging up your scalp with hard minerals. Where did you read this about dried blood?
Really?? I've showered after the last few times and had no issue. How should a scalp be cleared afterwards?

jd_uk

Reaction score
Fair do's and i think some of the other guys on here agree with you a longer needle is better. Ive stopped rolling atm but if i do in future might be an idea for me to try longer. Best of luck and be sure to disinfect the roller each time (i kept skipping this part lol)
How do you disinfect the roller?

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh ok..you leave the cream on? I'm using keto 2% shampoo 3 times per week but nothing else yet. Have you posted pics anywhere?

1614215754821.png

the picture of me with the beard is the one i just took with webcam

Attachments

• IMG_3582.JPG
    IMG_3582.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3583.JPG
    IMG_3583.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_3594.JPG
    IMG_3594.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 92