COSME RNA IS OUT (COSMERNA). Where to get it.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It can be done if you are willing to accept thinner hair.

Are you willing to accept looking unnatural? Worry about that.

Balding never stops. And even "non-balding" donor hair will get thinner from age. If a transplant doesn't EASILY look convincing when you first get it, then it's not going to look good at all in harsh lighting 10-15 years down the road.

Last edited:

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you willing to accept looking unnatural? Worry about that.

Balding never stops. And even "non-balding" donor hair will get thinner from age. If a transplant doesn't EASILY look convincing when you first get it, then it's not going to look good at all in harsh lighting 10-15 years down the road.
In the right hands it would look naturally thinning, which can work at older ages.

Regardless, I would just wait until there are better treatments since I got rejected by surgeons anyway.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the right hands it would look naturally thinning, which can work at older ages.

Regardless, I would just wait until there are better treatments since I got rejected by surgeons anyway.

If you settle for a receded #2.5 or #3 hair line, and some visible thinning in the crown, then a transplant on a high Norwood can look good. The smart compromise is to settle for a Norwood level that's not as low as you want but it's much lower than nature gave you.

IMO the average patient can only expect to get about 3 Norwood levels reversed with transplants. (Of course it depends on the case. Front/top loss is easier to rebuild. The crown is a black hole that eats up thousands of grafts before it looks covered.) I mean 3 Norwoods of recovery if you go to a top clinic and exhaust all your donor hair with several surgeries.

Sure, it's possible to do better. But it's not smart to plan on it. The average patient does not get above-average results.

Wispy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly nowadays (re:men and personal social lives, sex lives) I am norwood II a, I shaved it off, went for hair systems, there are communities that don't mind either systems OR baldness, just rock a good look, typical stuff about staying clean, be a bit fit, smell nice, and of course - be interesting, that goes a long way to keeping a social thing alive. Honestly my biggest problem is shaving the parts I have well enough to not leave a weird gray-shade behind, THAT looks unslightly, and then work on my face to not look sad/wrinkled all the time, it goes from there... Norwood IIIs can rock a mohawk, IVs a Osedelet, and IIs are honestly fine, but IIa was a death sentence for that old hair living...but I digress.