Copper peptides work, new study.......

Goingat20

Reaction score
Most of Dr Lee's products revolve around minoxidil which is "proven" (higher concentration and a few extra additions - acelic acid, retin-a). The only other non proven product he uses is spironolactone. Not sure why

jay2K6

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it a good idea to use Revivogen shampoo with Tricomin Copper Peptide Spray?

Britannia

Reaction score
On a side note American Crew Revitalise Products also contain the same copper peptides as Tricomin. I rate them.

CCS

Reaction score
a few people, like myself, wondered how much copper peptides are in tricomin. Bryan said 2%, so i'm bumping this up.

AC spray has the same peptides, but they are near the front of the ingredient list, whereas tricomin has them near the back of the list. Anyone here think that means AC spray is a higher concentration?

powersam

Reaction score
your sure they are the same peptides? ac crew is somewhat cheaper also as i remember.. would be good to hear it had the same stuff.

CCS

Reaction score
AC spray:
Water, Alcohol Denat., Alanine/Histidine/Lysine Polypeptide Copper HCL, Quaternium 23, Amodimethicone, Nonoxynol-10, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Dimethyl Lauramine Isostearate, Linoleamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate, Benzethonium Chloride, Panthenol (Provitamin B5 Source), Polysorbate 60, Camelia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Green Tea Source), Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract (Palmetto Fruit Extract Source), Citric Acid (Molasses Source), Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Blue 1 (Cl 42090).

Tricomin Spray:
Purified water, SD Alocohol 40B, Amodimethicone, Nonoxynol-10, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-11, Polysorbate 60, Tallow-trimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Dimethyl Lauramine Isostearate, Linoleamidopropyl Ethyl Dimonium Ethosulfate, Alanine/Histidine/Lysine Polypeptide Copper HCL, Methylparaben, Benzethonium Chloride, Menthol, FD&C Blue #1

Does that mean the AC spray is more concentrated? They advertize it is strong. Brya was told in an email that tricomin is between 1.5 and 2.25% CP, but closer to the upper one. Both were used in the FDA trials. Someone posted a lab result that folligen is 31x as strong as folligen. That would mean folligen is 62%, but that would be a paste, not a liquid. Someone is lying. I think someone made up the lab post.

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
where can i get cheap CP? Tricomin is so expensive..and i am on minimum wage =.= how long does tricomin last? is it the longer good CP?

CCS

Reaction score
for how long it lasts, do the math yourself.

cheaper ones are American crew spray and folligen. Folligen is not the same CP.

CCS

Reaction score
I just read more about CP's. I wonder if they just prolong the anagen period or if they actually repair follicles. I just don't know anymore. It is starting to seem like every stimulant is just a stimulant that must be taken all the time.

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
this hair loss thing is getting on my nerves, nothing can for sure stop, theres no cure...the only hope is HM...and that too good to be true

rockinreel

Reaction score
I take Folligen cream and the reason why is b/c it is a lot cheaper than tricomin. It really helped big time on my front hair line, but didn't do much for my vertex thin sport. My vertex is peaked out. I dont' think there is a product that will magically regrow hair after you have given it your best effort to regrow

Finpecia 15 months
minoxidil 7 years
Folligen 9 months
Revivogen 3 weeks (trying to stimulate the vertex with one last try)

JWM

Reaction score
Rockinreel

Do you have difficulty applying Folligen Cream to areas of existing hair? How do you apply it? Do you rub it in for awhile?

rockinreel

Reaction score
I don't do the typical wait until minoxidil dries then apply it. That's a little too inconvenient too me. I rub the cream in on top of minoxidil easily on my vertex, skip the middle b/c my hair is way to thick to get it in my scalp there, and apply it on my front hair line, which is really thick now, making it hard to rub it in any further than two inches up.

The Folligen cream actually rubs in quickly. Two minutes or less and I'm done. I will hold a small mirror over my head sometimes to watch the cream "disappear" as I rub it in. The cream will paste easily in existing hair, so I only use it in aforementioned spots.

Exact method:
I put a dab in my fingers and place on the left side of the vertex and rub it in. Repeat that on the right side of my vertex. First, I push the cream in directions it needs to go then rub it all around. Next a put a dab on my fingers, gently touch my left front hairline, and put the remainder left on my fingers on my right front hairline, then work both sides up and across.

Furthermore, with minoxidil, I use the spray top instead of the dropper top. Otherwise you will inevitably spill the bottle by mistake. Plus the spray is easier. It auto spreads with a spray somewhat, whereas the dropper applicant usually causes the minoxidil to run down your scalp away from the target area. By the time you set the dropper down, and knock over your open bottle, minoxidil is running down your face. Since I use Kirkland's minoxidil, which doesn't come with a spray applicant, I've used the same spray applicant from and old Rogaine spray bottle for 1.5 years. When it clogs, use your thumb nail to scrap it back open to get an even spray again.

Hope this helps!

JWM

Reaction score
Thanks Rockinreel! Have you ever thought about using the Folligen Spray as opposed to the cream? Also, how many times a week do you apply the Folligen and are you using minoxidil twice a day?

You claim, BTW, that your crown is your stubborn area. Have you ever considered trying a little retin-a there? It might help.

Sean68

Reaction score
i used ac revitalise spray for a while.it makes your hair look good and smells nice as for regrowing hair i cant see it.i think cassin posted a while ago that they were withdrawing the range as they werent totally happy with it.the serum feels more concentrated as it made my temples tingle when i applied it there but the spray didnt feel like it was doing much that a hair thickening spray couldnt do.

CCS

Reaction score
sean68, did you say that you did not see any regrowth from the AC spray, and that there is little point it getting it instead of the serum?

Sean68

Reaction score
no i didnt, i used it for a couple of months, my hair felt better and im not saying its a bad product at all.it made my hair feel thicker and healthier but in terms of anything cosmetically significant no.id say the serum is more concentrated but obviously you cant spray it into your hair. it seems a better bet for regrowth if you use it on your hairline but i only used for a month or so then i switched to minoxidil.if i had more money id probably use the serum as it does feel like its doing something.