Copper Peptide questions

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan read this, its a Q&A from Regrowth.com with Dr Pickart:

regrowth: GraftCyte, Iamin, and Folligen all contain less than 1% of their active ingredient. The studies on Tricomin on 1.25% and 2.5% formula showed only the 2.5% formula was effective for hairloss. Why does Folligen not include a similar percentage of active ingredient? Do you believe Folligen would be more effective than currently if it used a similar higher percentage?

Dr. Pickart: Folligen probably would be more active at a higher percentage. But we are fighting the blue color problem. Also, skin irritation might occur at higher concentrations. We still need controlled clinical studies to optimize Folligen.

Remember the thread we were discussing the strength of GHK-Cu in Graftcyte Concentrated Spray and I said it contained no more than 1% GHK-Cu and you didnt believe me? There you have it. I know I dont need to remind you that Dr Pickart was the one who invented these tripeptides, do I? Dr Pikcart himself said that Tricomin only uses blue dye due to the very low concentration of Copper Peptides in it. Im going to believe Dr Pickart, the inventor, over some second hand info from a random guy on a hairloss forum who said the custom service lady at Procyte's Office told him so.

Dr Pikcart said this: 2% GHK with copper should be fairly strong. It should be deep blue solution without any blue dyes.

Look at Graftcytes Concentrated Spray with LESS than 1% GHK-Cu and NO BLUE DYE:

graftcyte-concentrated-spray-278x278.jpg

Look how dark that is! You honestly think Tricomin has 2% AHK-Cu, or even close to it...LOL. Come on Bryan, your smarter than that. When did you see anyone, yes...ANYONE get regrowth better than minoxidil 2% from Tricomin? NEVER thats when. Its because its watered down, blue dyed, garbage.

If it really had 2% AHK-Cu like you think people would be seeing results.

Its a shame because the results from 2.5% AHK-Cu were better than Minoxidil 2%. It has real science behind it and would be a very valuble part of a persons regimen. It targets hairloss in a different manner to minoxidil and finasteride. That is why I am trying to procure some raw powder so I can make it myself.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
blaze said:
regrowth: GraftCyte, Iamin, and Folligen all contain less than 1% of their active ingredient. The studies on Tricomin on 1.25% and 2.5% formula showed only the 2.5% formula was effective for hairloss. Why does Folligen not include a similar percentage of active ingredient? Do you believe Folligen would be more effective than currently if it used a similar higher percentage?

Do you really think that even Folligen, of all products, has less than 1% copper-peptides? :)

blaze said:
Dr. Pickart: Folligen probably would be more active at a higher percentage. But we are fighting the blue color problem.

What's this "blue color problem" that he was supposedly "fighting"? :dunno: By the way, have you ever used Iamin? Have you noticed that it has a pleasant light bluish color, even without even having any "blue dye" listed in its ingredients at all? :)

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thats my point Bryan. Iamin, Graftcyte etc have more CP's than tricomin, hence no blue dye.

Folligen is quite dark and the color issue has always been a problem for people.

Furthermore, why would Dr Pickart confirm in that interview his Folligen only has about 1% CP's(way back then anyway) if it in fact had more. Im sure it has more than 1% CP's now though.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
No comment about Dr. Pickart "fighting the blue color problem"? :dunno:

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:

What do you mean? Its pretty obvious Pickart is referring to the fact that the more CP's you use the darker the solution becomes and staining, or the "incredible hulk scalp" phenomenon starts to happen.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ukmale24 said:
would this be better than any of them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-GHK-Copper ... 6124480150

it has 10% ghk-cu in it.

No the ingredients list is misguiding. It says it contains 90% Hyaluronic Acid. It clearly doesnt. Thats 90% of a preexisting solution. 90% pure Hyaluronic would be flat out unusable. It would be thick, cosmetically inacceptable gel. If they are measuring there HA content like that you can be sure they are measuring their GHK-Cu content like that too. It doesnt have a "true" 10% concentration, but rather 10% of a preexisting GHK-Cu solution. Id say it only contain around 0.5% or something low like that.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you think it'd be worth me asking them if that 10% is from a 100% (or near to) solution of ghk? i mean, even if it's from a 50% solution, that's 5% ghk.

Nene

Reaction score
I've been using folligen lately, can't help but suspect I'm wasting time and money.

Jacob

Reaction score
blaze said:
ukmale24 said:

it has 10% ghk-cu in it.

No the ingredients list is misguiding. It says it contains 90% Hyaluronic Acid. It clearly doesnt. Thats 90% of a preexisting solution. 90% pure Hyaluronic would be flat out unusable. It would be thick, cosmetically inacceptable gel. If they are measuring there HA content like that you can be sure they are measuring their GHK-Cu content like that too. It doesnt have a "true" 10% concentration, but rather 10% of a preexisting GHK-Cu solution. Id say it only contain around 0.5% or something low like that.

Ha..that reminds me of something Dr. Y was saying about the 2.5% or whatever cu peptides. I'm sure a "study" or patent % is different than a product % like this though. Right? :)

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
blaze said:
ukmale24 said:

it has 10% ghk-cu in it.

Ha..that reminds me of something Dr. Y was saying about the 2.5% or whatever cu peptides. I'm sure a "study" or patent % is different than a product % like this though. Right? :)

No...Dr Y is WRONG. On patents like this they always state the true total percentage. It went through phase 2 FDA testing. Saying the AHK-Cu percentage in the studies wasnt a "true" 2.5% just shows you what kind of knowledge your beloved Dr Y has.

And enough with the condescending smiles, go slurp on Dr Y's nutsack...

Jacob

Reaction score
Maybe he's right..maybe he's wrong. I did point out it was the studies/patent with the cu peptides. But over there it was like you guys couldn't figure out how he could possibly even say what he was saying. I'll refrain from quoting :woot:

Nice ending there...wow. Chill.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
blaze said:
Bryan said:

What do you mean? Its pretty obvious Pickart is referring to the fact that the more CP's you use the darker the solution becomes and staining, or the "incredible hulk scalp" phenomenon starts to happen.

What do you mean, "what do I mean"? I've never bought a bottle of Folligen myself, but I've certainly seen people talk about it; my assumption is that it already has a pretty significant blue color to it, and that's without having any blue dye at all. If that's correct, why would Dr. Pickart be worried about just its color, and be "fighting the blue color problem" of Folligen? Are you suggesting maybe that Folligen has a "staining problem", even with less than 1% (supposedly) of copper-peptides?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
blaze said:
ukmale24 said:

it has 10% ghk-cu in it.

No the ingredients list is misguiding. It says it contains 90% Hyaluronic Acid.

I have no idea at all where you got that "90% hyaluronic acid" figure.

blaze said:
It clearly doesnt. Thats 90% of a preexisting solution. 90% pure Hyaluronic would be flat out unusable. It would be thick, cosmetically inacceptable gel. If they are measuring there HA content like that you can be sure they are measuring their GHK-Cu content like that too. It doesnt have a "true" 10% concentration, but rather 10% of a preexisting GHK-Cu solution. Id say it only contain around 0.5% or something low like that.

I agree with that. It's 10% of a pre-existing GHK-Cu solution, which means that the actual percentage of GHK-Cu solution that you get in that product could be just about anything. I think advertising it and selling it the way they did on that site is confusing, misleading, and highly inappropriate.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:

I don't really understand for sure what if is Dr. Y was saying about that. Please state clearly and unequivocally what he said! Was he claiming that the 2.5% solution of copper-peptides in Procytes famous early study wasn't really 2.5%, but something else? What exactly was he saying?

Jacob

Reaction score
Basically what blaze was saying about the product being mentioned there. It started with asking him about doing a 2.5% cu peptide topical.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
blaze said:
ukmale24 said:

it has 10% ghk-cu in it.

No the ingredients list is misguiding. It says it contains 90% Hyaluronic Acid.

I have no idea at all where you got that "90% hyaluronic acid" figure.

Scroll down the page, here is what it says: 90% Hyaluronic Acid and 10% GHK Copper Tripeptide

Bryan said:
What do you mean, "what do I mean"? I've never bought a bottle of Folligen myself, but I've certainly seen people talk about it; my assumption is that it already has a pretty significant blue color to it, and that's without having any blue dye at all. If that's correct, why would Dr. Pickart be worried about just its color, and be "fighting the blue color problem" of Folligen? Are you suggesting maybe that Folligen has a "staining problem", even with less than 1% (supposedly) of copper-peptides?

The reason why it *was* 1% was due to the staining problem. That was the blue color problem Dr Pickart was referring to. At 1% there seems to still be some issue with that. Its obvious the very first Folligen that came out according to that interview was was only 1% CP's. Dr Pickart cosigned with that. However there is no doubt that Folligen contains more than that now. Even Pickart said back then his guess was that Folligen would improve markedly.

Here read this for yourself, it was an interview with Dr Pickart on Regrowth.com:

Dr. Pickart: Folligen probably would be more active at a higher percentage. But we are fighting the blue color problem. Also, skin irritation might occur at higher concentrations. We still need controlled clinical studies to optimize Folligen.

There is no doubt that the percentages are higher now. I have used it myself and others have also complained of the same thing, it burned the hell out of my scalp. Its very potent stuff. And it stains pretty good too. But its obvious that when it first came out it had less CP's than it did now. Around 1%.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Jacob said:

I don't really understand for sure what if is Dr. Y was saying about that. Please state clearly and unequivocally what he said! Was he claiming that the 2.5% solution of copper-peptides in Procytes famous early study wasn't really 2.5%, but something else? What exactly was he saying?

Jacobs beloved Dr Y said that the 2.5% AHK-Cu used in the famous tricomin studies you refer to Bryan arent a "true" 2.5%, but rather 2.5% of a preexisting solution. Dr Y thinks that there are only very small amounts of AHK-Cu used in the tricomin studies. MUCH less than a "true" 2.5%
:puke:

What Jacob posted above that you quoted was him just trying to have a crack at me, because I dont believe that. Its obvious its a true 2.5%. Its like saying minoxidil studies for rogaine didnt use a true 5% solution.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Nene said:
I've been using folligen lately, can't help but suspect I'm wasting time and money.

I believe it is all good as part of a rounded regimen. I don't think it's something that has to be used every day, just 2/3 times a week.

terrapin12

Established Member
Reaction score
so has anyone had success with any peptides at all? using Tricomin in combo with my rogaine and nizoral now.