Contemplated Suicide?

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
tembo said:
stabber, does that happen to you very often (girls just giving you their number for one night stands)? Do you feel that your success with women has increased with age and with less hair?

Is it because you have more confidence or are more outgoing or are better in bed etc...?

Do you prefer one night stands or do you prefer finding someone for marriage?

The reason I ask is I am at a point where I am thinking less of marriage and more of a short term fling....the opposite of how I was brought up and what I wanted just a couple of years ago!

One night stands don't happen often, no. I don't think they do to any guy unless you are actively looking for it every weekend. Same with a girl giving a guy her number. Most of the times, I ask. Though some girls ask for mine (those are usually the chicks that just want you for your body :lol: ) Anyway, I had a long term girlfriend (3 years) when I started losing my hair. We broke up when I was 21. At 23, hairloss became noticeable. When I first started losing hair, I became a hermit. Kind of like what happens to everyone here. I would barely go out, if I did, I'd constantly look at girls to see if they were checking me out (tried to boost my confidence I guess)

After about 2 years of wasting my life, I got back into hobbies. Picked up some new ones and stopped giving a $hit. I had to, my health was going down the drain.

Yes, the confidence has a lot to do with it. Once I stopped caring about all my hangups, getting girls was literally 10x easier. I didn't even try. Walk around like you own whatever place you are walking around in. Give it a shot, it will probably work. If a gang member kicks your *** though, I am not responsible :lol:

I wouldn't worry about marriage right now if I were you. You get married in your twenties, and you have the REST OF YOUR LIFE stuck to one person. There goes your youth! Lots of guys losing their hair want to find a girl to get married to, so someone will be there when they are "Q balls."

G

ugly_and_balding said:
Ginald,

Well in addition to just being ugly, I have a severe case of a genetic skin disorder called Keratosis Pilaris, which basically looks like red, permanent goose bumps which cover your arms and your legs. There's really no treatment for it and definitely no cure either. So add that to my already excessive body hair and pale lilly white flesh and my bald head (plus ugly face) and you have one hideous man. Plus my skin is super sensitive too and prone to break outs etc. Over the course of my life I've actually had random people just bluntly say "you're ugly" to me. I guess I should respect them for being honest.

if you are so ugly you should make it to your brand mark. be ugly. there is nothing against being ugly. if you smile , are self-confident and friendly you can make much out of it. my dad is ugly too. bald, fat, but he smiles much, is self-confident, very friendly and he is liked by others. he gets much respect. okay, he has a good job. maybe you should get a good job too. then maybe you can compensate your complexes.
okay, maybe not fair if i say that, because im pretty as i can say. and even do something for my looking. i lasered some moles in my face, i use toppik, i lost weight. and im gona do some things more.
but what i want to tell you is, if you are that ugly, you should give up your looks. and dont care about them anymore. all people who are handicaped in some way have first to dont care about it anymore before they get happy. i know that from many people. if you cant change something, dont care about it and you will be fine. even if you had cancer and no chance of healing, you should just not care and you would have some happy last months. i think thats the way to go.
you know , probably people tell you "accept that you are ugly" or something. my mom always told me to accept that im balding but i always hated the thought of just accepting it. i dunno. i think everyone who hates something in his life will never just "accept" it. you have to dont care about it. then you can accept it.
okay now its not easy not to care about it. the way to do that is , dont get in situations where it will matter. when youre ugliness matters, you will care. so get out of situations where it matters. that means perhaps, dont look at beatiful chicks on the street because they wont look back. i know its hard to get looks from hot chicks out of your life.
and like i said, get self-confident, smile, and be friendly. then people wont care about your looks and they will like you for who you are. that way you will get friends. real friends. and even a mate. i bet you could get a hot chick if you just would do it right. surely not over your looks, that you can forget. but in other ways . get some good books about dating and this stuff.

okay , thats even for all who suffer from hairloss. its always . either change it and do something about it or dont care about it and get out of situations where it matters.
if you read up to this , thx for reading.

i guess not many people will read this post because its a bit complicate and a bit bad written. i m not good at explaining something. sorry.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
helpme007 said:
i guess not many people will read this post because its a bit complicate and a bit bad written. i m not good at explaining something. sorry.

Not true - I think you made some good points. It's hard not to care though - you have to force yourself to that place. And I'm scared to be alone all the time.

G

hey, thx for the kind words. i wrote some post before which was to someone who hated baldness , made many hair transplant's and still was unhappy but he ignored it. it woulda been so helpful for him.

s.a.f

Reaction score
helpme007 said:
if you are so ugly you should make it to your brand mark. be ugly. there is nothing against being ugly. if you smile , are self-confident and friendly you can make much out of it. my dad is ugly too. bald, fat, but he smiles much, is self-confident, very friendly and he is liked by others. he gets much respect. okay, he has a good job. maybe you should get a good job too. then maybe you can compensate your complexes.
okay, maybe not fair if i say that, because im pretty as i can say. and even do something for my looking. i lasered some moles in my face, i use toppik, i lost weight. and im gona do some things more.
but what i want to tell you is, if you are that ugly, you should give up your looks. and dont care about them anymore. all people who are handicaped in some way have first to dont care about it anymore before they get happy. i know that from many people. if you cant change something, dont care about it and you will be fine. even if you had cancer and no chance of healing, you should just not care and you would have some happy last months. i think thats the way to go.
you know , probably people tell you "accept that you are ugly" or something. my mom always told me to accept that im balding but i always hated the thought of just accepting it. i dunno. i think everyone who hates something in his life will never just "accept" it. you have to dont care about it. then you can accept it.

All this is easier said than done. I dont think that I'd want to not care about what I look like. Its just not me maybe I'm vain but when I look at other people who are blessed with good looks and I see the advantages it gives them I want to be like that too.

G

ya i know, easier said then done. :oops: you have to learn it. get a good book about it. there must be one.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Like everyone I've had some serious lows but hairloss has never made me feel suicidal, definately embarrased, paranoid and less confident at times though.. Hairloss will only effect the amount of girls that we are attractive to and maybe career opportunities if our chosen field is image based, both of these things can be worked round anyway but as a whole everything that our lives were ever going to bring us is still on offer, we're just going to have to work harder for it and concentrate more on our personality, sense of humour and overall health to compensate.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
Good post Helpme. No one can argue that looks don't count. But ican assure you that a balding guy who has a life that is interesting and is confident in himself will get more tail than a guy with hair and no game. Not talking college girls, but young women 25 plus who have an idea of who they are and what is really important to them.

Hair loss is a blow to the ego, but it is not the be all and end all. I suspect some of the mostly gravely emotionly afflicted here, had little else going for them. It is the lack of character that cosumes them.

s.a.f

Reaction score
H/B said:
Hair loss is a blow to the ego, but it is not the be all and end all. I suspect some of the mostly gravely emotionly afflicted here, had little else going for them. It is the lack of character that cosumes them.
There you have it, the truth summed up in a single paragraph. Spot on!

CCS

Reaction score
having a life is easier to do when you have money. If I want to take a woman ice skating, but don't have a car, then there is no way to get to the ice rink. And as for midnight bowling, well we can go there during the day time when the busses are running. No hiking or looking at city lights, unless I can get my friends away from their video games and convince them all to go in their cars. Basically, if your parents don't give you a car, you need to just accept it and get one after you graduate, while everyone else enjoys college. Sure, I get to go bowling and do other stuff when my friends go, but it is when they say, and I can't just take a woman somewhere. Now some unattractive women might try to use their cars to woo me, but I'm not into that. I'm upset that I don't have one to woo attractive women. I've seen guys my age who look worse than me use their car to date carless hot 18 year olds. I have 2.5 more years of college. That sounds like a lot of time to meet women, but it is 2.5 more years without a car.

s.a.f

Reaction score
This is going way off topic but cant you borrow a friends car for 1 night to take a woman out. Also you seem to spend enough on your huge regimen to probably pay for a second hand car.

IBM

Reaction score
CSS at least you have a lot of women to invite to go out... Unfortunately i dont have that luck.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
This is going way off topic but cant you borrow a friends car for 1 night to take a woman out. Also you seem to spend enough on your huge regimen to probably pay for a second hand car.

:lol:

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
bringing it back on topic. i feel depressed again because of my hair.

i just ran my hands through a few times, tugging lightly, for the last 10 minutes or so. 30 hairs or so are now lying on my desk.

i really have not worried about hair loss for a while now, i've only looked at some hairs in my palm whilst showering and conditioning. but because it's been 3 months on finasteride for me, i expected to see less shedding. sadly, that wasn't the case.

:cry:

G

person_123 said:
bringing it back on topic. i feel depressed again because of my hair.

i just ran my hands through a few times, tugging lightly, for the last 10 minutes or so. 30 hairs or so are now lying on my desk.

i really have not worried about hair loss for a while now, i've only looked at some hairs in my palm whilst showering and conditioning. but because it's been 3 months on finasteride for me, i expected to see less shedding. sadly, that wasn't the case.

:cry:

Same goes for me, mate. Hair loss is the ultimate desaster of my life. I try to get my mind of this sh*t, but it is just not possible. All the time I am shedding hairs. I am already 5 months into treatment (finasteride)and it is getting thinner and thinner up there. Damn, in the beginnings I was hoping for some regrowth, now I am praying that I am going back to baseline.

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
yes i have.
several times.
watching the mirror is to torture myself.

IBM

Reaction score
Well thinning or not thinning you're all bald and you have to accept it.

barcafan

Reaction score
Like honestly, if you're the type to comtemplate suicide because you're bald, you'd just find another reason to contemplate suicide if your hair magically grew back overnight.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
Like honestly, if you're the type to comtemplate suicide because you're bald, you'd just find another reason to contemplate suicide if your hair magically grew back overnight.

That's pretty possible. But I think the common thread in here is low self esteem. All the things making you depressed are what repells women. I think if you were banging attractive women all the time and you were losing your hair, had employment, you probably wouldn't be suicidally depressed. So I think this is all about women. And so long as you keep up the depression, and the sadness, etc, you will always repell women, because women dont' want to deal with your problems (but expect you to deal with theirs). Just the way the world works. I don't know how to fix this, as I still somewhat suffer from it. Not as bad as I used to. It used to absolutely paralyze me. I know I'll never get married or anything for the sole reason of being my hair transplants. she'll eventually discover I had work done as she runs her hands through my hair, or if I f*** up a self imposed haircut, or I continue to lose hair. The typical accusation would be that I decieved her, or that I'm shallow. All I can say in my defense is that had I known know what I knew then, I wouldn't have done it, but they screwed it up, and now I have to fix it somehow. Maybe if I got BHT and could fill in the gaps, then I would feel more comfortable, but would still feel dishonest. Maybe even with BHT they could fill in the donor area scars. I dunno. Until then I'll pretty much only have flings, preferably in low light.