Contemplated Suicide?

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
How many people here have truly contemplated suicide because of their hair loss?

I know I definately have, but was too chicken sh*t to go through with it. There was a point in my life where I thought, "I could go on without hair, but I don't want to, it would be too f*****g embarassing, I don't want people to laugh at me, what am I going to do?"

Thankfully, I'm past that phase at the moment, though I could relapse one day.

I also found myself wishing every single other man in the world would suddenly lose their hair. Wishing for something like "DHT stimulant" to be spiked into the world's drinking water or something.

Again, has anybody had similar thoughts?

Hair loss has made me a bit crazy I think.

But in all seriousness, has anybody else ever contemplated ending it all because of losing your hair? Ever even thought about it?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hairloss has made me crazy too. It's made me obsessive, self concious and depressed. I've spent the past 10 or 11 years dealing with this problem. It may just be a small matter (hair) but the effects are far reaching. For example to me I'd rather be poor with hair than financialy comfortable without it. I can see that for many people on here its an obstacle that is preventing them from getting on with their lives.
I'm fully aware (24/7) of the impact that its had on my life. I wake up depressed and every single day is a struggle, I cant seem to motivate myself for anything. But I've never been as far as to contemplate suicide over the matter.
You've just got to be strong and accept what you've been given. Set yourself goals in life but be realistic. I just hope that one day I'll be as happy as most people are and that would be a big success.

IBM

Reaction score
Hairloss should be only for pimps, strip and p**rn addicts.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
As difficult as it is for me to approach this topic,

I'll just provide a few words, in hopes that it can be related to your situation(s).

I've had a turbulent upbringing and a stormy past, accustomed with parent ineptitude and negligence.

My whole perspective has changed...

I had always been accustomed to blaming myself for anything that went wrong, and this behavior was encouraged in my household.

So, when I started losing hair and density, I, of course, blamed my self for the multitude of failures that I had become, and subsided into an uncontrollable drug habit, eventually losing the few things that I had. In addition, my hair only got worse.

But,

there is light at the end of the tunnel.

For those who are suffering and blaming themselves for having hairloss, have hope!

For me, seeking inner tranquility and deep philosophy has genuinely helped.

Great philosophers like Schopenhauer have become bald, and still benefited by inner tranquility and aesthetic achievement.

Anyway, I've written too much. I hope this can help.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've never contemplated suicide but I sure feel like sh*t you can write that down.

Thiningbadly

Reaction score
Hang in there bro. Don't think about suicide. You have much to gain and contribute to the world. I'll say a prayer for you.

Find someone to talk to. Parents or siblings are usually the best, and then hopefully you'll see that only you see your hairloss as the end of the world. But it's not, there is so much out there to be enjoyed.

Stick through it. Pray for better days and you will get it.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
it's all a test, brothers.

just when you're sailing along in calm waters, s**t is poured on you.

it wont be the last bucket load of it either ....but that's life!!

welcome to the adult world.

if its any consolation to you it is a bl**dy big bucket as s**t goes....get thro this and you'll get thro most else that comes your way.

just keep :lol:

:shock:

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
i read you don't use anything as part of your regimen.. i doubt it's all a money making scam. some of them actually work. but true, everybody is out to make a profit.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I did commit suicide but I couldn't make it through to the other side without hair. :angel:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Great philosophers like Schopenhauer have become bald, and still benefited by inner tranquility and aesthetic achievement.

Did Schopenhauer get much pu$$y?

CCS

Reaction score
I seriously contemplated it before. Looked at my balcony for 10 minutes while I weight everything, and decided not to.

CCS

Reaction score
einstein got lots of pussy, though he was a tall, good looking guy back in the day.

G

collegechemistrystudent said:
einstein got lots of pussy, though he was a tall, good looking guy back in the day.

Albert Einstein was a shade over 5'9". I must be a giant then at 5'9 and 1/4.

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
i honestly think that everyone at one time or another has contemplated suicide. and going bald doesn't help the thought any. but, think of it this way, if you try it and succed, you might miss out on a cure for male pattern baldness. now wouldn't that be a shame? you might also miss out on meeting the love of your life who will change your world. so hang in there cause you don't know what is in your future. kids, wife, success, money, HAIR?

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
i honestly think that everyone at one time or another has contemplated suicide. and going bald doesn't help the thought any. but, think of it this way, if you try it and succed, you might miss out on a cure for male pattern baldness. now wouldn't that be a shame? you might also miss out on meeting the love of your life who will change your world. so hang in there cause you don't know what is in your future. kids, wife, success, money, HAIR?

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
What i see in my future: Baldness, depression, loneliness, self-pity, plain general sadness.

Could turn around if I had a thick full head of hair though. Funny how hair can change all these things. It probably wont change everything, but I just want to have it so I can worry about more important things.

s.a.f

Reaction score
dirtrider67 said:
i honestly think that everyone at one time or another has contemplated suicide.

Or just wished that they'd never been born. If suicide was easy I think the world would be a much less crowded place.