Contemplated Suicide?

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i have a problem with people who were depressed before hair loss started who had no medical problems. In fact, it pisses me off. If anyone deserves to lose their hair, its those of you who had everything but squandered it because u were just depressed about stupid sh*t. This doesnt go for people who had other medical problems like the guy with a skin condition. im talking to the ones who had nothing physically wrong with them, yet still managed to cry about the hardships of life. I never could stand people like that. And i dont mean people with mental disorders either, i mean Straight up losers who were just miserable people for no reason. they deserve hair loss as a slap in the face...like "see...look at u got now...u didnt appreciate jack sh*t before, so now ill give u something to make u realize why u should have lived ur life beforE"

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
JayB said:
i have a problem with people who were depressed before hair loss started who had no medical problems. In fact, it pisses me off. If anyone deserves to lose their hair, its those of you who had everything but squandered it because u were just depressed about stupid $#iT. This doesnt go for people who had other medical problems like the guy with a skin condition. im talking to the ones who had nothing physically wrong with them, yet still managed to cry about the hardships of life. I never could stand people like that. And i dont mean people with mental disorders either, i mean Straight up losers who were just miserable people for no reason. they deserve hair loss as a slap in the face...like "see...look at u got now...u didnt appreciate jack $#iT before, so now ill give u something to make u realize why u should have lived ur life beforE"

That's kind of harsh dude. I mean think about all the people who come from broken homes, or parents who neglect them all the time (even rich brats can be victims of this). Or what about people who were molested? or people who are poor. there are heaps of things to be depressed about in life. Hair loss just happens to be one of my worries at the moment. I wish it would go away, but I know i'd probably be upset about something else. It's the viscious cycle of life, nobody is truly happy. If you are truly happy, then watch out, because all that's left is for you to fall.

Life is seriously just too depressing sometimes.

HughJass

Reaction score
JayB said:
i have a problem with people who were depressed before hair loss started who had no medical problems. In fact, it pisses me off. If anyone deserves to lose their hair, its those of you who had everything but squandered it because u were just depressed about stupid $#iT. This doesnt go for people who had other medical problems like the guy with a skin condition. im talking to the ones who had nothing physically wrong with them, yet still managed to cry about the hardships of life. I never could stand people like that. And i dont mean people with mental disorders either, i mean Straight up losers who were just miserable people for no reason. they deserve hair loss as a slap in the face...like "see...look at u got now...u didnt appreciate jack $#iT before, so now ill give u something to make u realize why u should have lived ur life beforE"

JayB

I agree with you that there are many well-to-do people out there who are ungrateful and seemingly blow minor things out of proportion without taking the suffering of others into context, but for those suffering with chronic depression its very real and mortality rates are still high.

A person may materially have more than an enough to have a happy life but this will not ensure they wont become depressed,often quite the opposite is true :depression being rampant in developed societies is proof of this. People never chose to become depressed,it happens out of some errors of judgment due to the way they have been bought up and conditioned (our culture of dollar worshipping plays a large part in this).

Sure its not like cancer or having your family wiped out in an air raid,but its no easy thing to find your way out of, if it were that simple the world wouldnt be the way it is and not as many families would have to deal with losing someone they care about to suicide.

Its very easy to comment from the sidelines and yell and scream about the way things 'should' be,but unless you know somebody affected by it or go through it yourself it is difficult to understand what it can do to someone it is not as simple as someone feeling sorry for themselves. I wonder if you would feel the way you do now if your father/mother/sibling killed themselves?

Having an attitude where you bark at someone who is deeply depressed, telling them to stop feeling sorry for themselves and to appreciate what theyve got wont make anyone less depressed, it just wont solve anything. It seems you could benefit from cultivating a bit more understanding on the topic before passing judgment on an issue such as this. Dont forget it could just easily be you or someone you care are about in that position some day.

lifesucks

Reaction score
suicide

Contemplated???....I attempted....failed, but came very close....my next attempt will be a sure "fire" way....have a few more things to take care of and that's it for me...."Life after birth...is Hell on this Earth......"

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lifesucks

Have you even tried to do anything about your hair loss?

Is hair loss why you are killing yourself?

If you haven't tried anything, why would you kill yourself before you tried?

lifesucks

Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
lifesucks

Have you even tried to do anything about your hair loss?

Is hair loss why you are killing yourself?

If you haven't tried anything, why would you kill yourself before you tried?

Yes.....consultations...dermatologists...numerous prescriptions and OTC stuff...2 friends who had transplants....with miserable consequences....

Yes...hair loss is the MAJOR reason why....

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What did you use? For how long?

Sorry to hear about your friends who had bad experiences with hair transplants, but people have had bad experiences with every type of cosmetic surgery, I'm sure. But if you research the procedure enough you'll see good results can be achieved. Dr. Alvi Armani and Dr.'s Hasson and Wong are a few who get a lot of props on these hair loss message boards. I'll bet The Gillenator could name a few other who are well respected in their field.

lifesucks

Reaction score
Rogaine...propecia...follicure....nizordal....proscar...numerous vitamins...shamppoos..conditioners...each and/or in conjunction for 10+ years....

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lifesucks, I'm sure you will reply, but I want to say this now:

Hair loss is a difficult thing to treat for a lot of people. And, unfotunately, nothing will improve your life overnight. For me it took about two years of being on propecia before I saw results I was pretty happy with, but the results were nothing that made me love life. And I didn't have bad hair loss, just a bald patch behind one eroded temple, and an eroded temple on the other side.

But, if you do some surfing, you'll find there are scores of hair loss treatments. Some aren't proven, or even regularly accepted as being effective, but they are a chance for you to regrow your hair. I recommend you do everything you can before killing yourself. I wouldn't recommend it afterwards but I would respect your decision more if you showed some committment coupled with patience to treat this problem. No offense, but I doubt you did much to treat your hairloss, compared to a lot of people here.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think it's healthy to contemplate a world that doesn't include yourself, in an existential way. But to actually contemplate the methods for carrying out your own suicide in detail? I believe, at that point, any person would have much larger problems than just hairloss alone.

I often think the hardest obstacle we face as humans is one of building character, and fortifying the soul. And without it, so many people can feel lost and hollow inside. But maybe the best remedy is a little tough love, focus, and discipline. Only something that takes you outside of yourself in a positive way, can truly make you comfortable with your own insides.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Perhaps lifesucks has reached the point of no return, when you've been burned, not once or twice but every time, and when every single thing you try ends in failure. When you get to that point the thought of therapy and all the happy/sad techniques therein drive you further along to despair.

There was a moment in my life some years ago when I should have died and didn't, and after that nothing was the same.

The only thing I can say is that if you have the depth to experience great pain then you must also have a similar capacity for joy. That would be a terrible waste. There are ways to convert that pain if you can stand, as Joseph says, 'a little tough love, focus, and discipline'.

You're not alone, but I don't know how that helps.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
tchehov said:
You're not alone, but I don't know how that helps.

sometimes i wonder if anything is worth the effort when all that waits for us ultimately is a hole in the ground.

why do we bother??

100 years from now who gives a damn whether speculum lost his hair, bushinvaded iraq or britney spears had plastic implants.

live for the future and avoid the pain of today!!!

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
ugly_and_balding said:
Over the course of my life I've actually had random people just bluntly say "you're ugly" to me. I guess I should respect them for being honest.

Hah, I've had a few people say that to me in my lifetime. I actually made the mistake of believing them. Don't make the same mistake. The old saying Beauty is in the eye of the beholder is still around for a reason. I'm sure some women think I'm ugly, but some think I'm very attractive. Believe me when I say it can go both ways, and I get good looking girls.

Once when I was in highschool, a girl who sat in front of me just randomly turned around and said "You're ugly" to me when I was actually trying to strike a conversation with her.

Guess what, 6 years later I ran into her at a local bar. She gave me her number. 3 days later I was giving it to her in her bed, I never called her back either. I also never forgot about what she said to me.

People who say sh*t like "You're ugly" aren't comfortable with themselves.
I used to do all kinds of wacky sh*t like take tons of pictures of myself with a digital camera and examine it for HOURS. i would look for photos to prove I was ugly. I would look for photos to prove I wasn't ugly. I wasted years of my life doing this sh*t. I eventually just stopped giving a f***, and thats when things got much better.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
Regarding suicide:

As others have said, it's ok to think about suicide. Thinking about death can be healthy, it keeps you in check, keeps you in line. You realize nothing is infinite and your parents won't be around forever, so you need to treat them well. Think about how your family would feel if you took your own life. I once read a story in elementary school about a boy who wanted to kill himself (they would never let you read this stuff nowadays). At the end of the story, he waited by a railroad track and jumped in front of it. As he was in mid-air moving towards the train, he thought about all the things in life he never got to do.

I used to think suicide was noble, but as I grew older and went through more tough times, i realized it is a cowards way. Nothing is more nobler than living life when you know there are great hardships to face and overcome.

Live your life, swalllow the bad times, enjoy the good times. Don't pray for death but don't be afraid of it either.

I know how it is, trust me

G

Stabber said:
I once read a story in elementary school about a boy who wanted to kill himself (they would never let you read this stuff nowadays). At the end of the story, he waited by a railroad track and jumped in front of it. As he was in mid-air moving towards the train, he thought about all the things in life he never got to do.

fiction i assume?

G

I don´t think suicide is a coward´s way. In fact it is very courageous since you never know for sure (whether you are religious or not) what is coming for us after death. It is just a very extreme way to end your problems and I admire those who had the balls to actually do it.

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
stabber, does that happen to you very often (girls just giving you their number for one night stands)? Do you feel that your success with women has increased with age and with less hair?

Is it because you have more confidence or are more outgoing or are better in bed etc...?

Do you prefer one night stands or do you prefer finding someone for marriage?

The reason I ask is I am at a point where I am thinking less of marriage and more of a short term fling....the opposite of how I was brought up and what I wanted just a couple of years ago!