Constant Shedding?! I Lost 500-1000 Hairs Today Alone!

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any insight why this is happening? Is it just the worst case of male pattern baldness ever or is it unrelated? Honestly I had to take multiple showers to wash my hair today due to the itch and hair was falling off my head all day! I’m assuming close to 1000 hairs!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Any insight why this is happening? Is it just the worst case of male pattern baldness ever or is it unrelated? Honestly I had to take multiple showers to wash my hair today due to the itch and hair was falling off my head all day! I’m assuming close to 1000 hairs!
@Calikid @bluecyclone

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is most likely a combination of factors leading to the shed. But if I had to do it all over again I would focus on address the Androgenetic Alopecia or possible Androgenetic Alopecia aspects first. The rest are temporary miniaturization is permanent.

If had attacked the miniaturization before focusing on the Telogen Effluvium I think I would have been able save the overall quality of my hair. Now I’m still dealing with Telogen Effluvium but the hairs are thin and overall density has declined.

you most likely will respond to Finasteride. I unfortunately did not and still deal with sides on topical hoping there is some benefit.

short answer try keto and topical Finasteride for 4-6 months. If the hair (even falling hair) is the same quality keep it up, try minoxidil maybe oral and maybe look at scalp health, nutrients, cortisone...

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to increase the anagen phase. Oral minoxidil is the most powerful drug in this specific instance, but with that much shedding you'll likely need dutasteride or estrogen too. I'd assume some serious scalp issues have to be involved and so keto or some other scalp med will likely be needed too.

Of course, without a history or pics available, it is entirely possible that this is Telogen Effluvium.