Constant Hairloss Anxiety, Feels sh*t

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not bald, but balding and can still pass off with a full of head of hair. Knowing there is hairloss has put me in a constant state of anxiety

- Always going for bathroom breaks to check hair
- Spending a lot of money on hair cuts so that it is cut well
- Self concious that people think I am losing hair
- Do not go to the gym, to avoid spiking aggrevating hairloss
- Sensitive if on the odd occasion a hairloss comment is made
- Worried that if I am on a date, woman can notice hair loss
- Not enjoying dating: added pressure to find a woman before losing hair, that is the killer!

It is absolutely sh*t

So sick and tired right now, if I never had any hairloss and knew I would not go bald at all, I would be a lot happier and chilled out.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think finding a woman before losing hair is a good method. Losing your hair and losing your girlfriend strongly correlate, thus you have to try everything to keep your hair.
If I would be a NW1 forever people would probably find me creepy, as I would be smiling for the rest of my life. Since 2 years or so there are no problems bothering me apart from hair loss

I have many friends who found their partners before hairloss and are now married. I can imagine it would be extremely hard if they were now back on the market

deadhairfollicle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel you

Attachments

• 906845.jpg
    906845.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 264

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not bald, but balding and can still pass off with a full of head of hair. Knowing there is hairloss has put me in a constant state of anxiety

- Not enjoying dating: added pressure to find a woman before losing hair, that is the killer!

It is absolutely sh*t

So sick and tired right now, if I never had any hairloss and knew I would not go bald at all, I would be a lot happier and chilled out.

oh, it will get much much worst.

BaldingInGermany

Established Member
Reaction score

It is absolutely sh*t

And this is only the beginning. I even had suicidal tendencies and a heavy depression because of it. It's a real nightmare. Wait and see.

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is it unproductive? I've observed that this user has been active recently and was last seen online just a few hours ago. Also,this thread is from January so I don't think it's that old. It's always good to know how the veteran members turn out after sensing something wrong about their hair years ago. Btw,it's morning where I'm from.:)

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is it unproductive? I've observed that this user has been active recently and was last seen online just a few hours ago. Also,this thread is from January so I don't think it's that old. It's always good to know how the veteran members turn out after sensing something wrong about their hair years ago. Btw,it's morning where I'm from.:)
Good morning. Have a fantastic Monday. Don't let hairloss get you down!

Saurabhaj

Reaction score

Perception changes from time to time.
Change is the rule of nature.

Some guy who was depressed in past because of hair loss might have found a way to handle it,
while few others might go further in depression because of problems they face because of hair loss.

So looking at old threads do not give exact clear idea about hair loss impact on another person.

Hair loss has a very dynamic impact on a person.

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I find my anxiety correlates how to how fast my hairline is receding and how fast I'm shedding

shookwun

Reaction score
I find my anxiety correlates how to how fast my hairline is receding and how fast I'm shedding
privileged.

try living with anxiety.

I blame my childhood, and early teenage years for this continuous anxiety. it was reinforced so hard that without psycological assistance, and pharmacological intervention I am most likely stuck with it.

Imagine being a guy who has his own luxury house in one of the best parts of the city
Owns a fast car
Has a wicked career
Picks up tons of chicks
great social circle

And still suffers from sh*t loads of anxiety.

So yeah

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
privileged.

try living with anxiety.

I blame my childhood, and early teenage years for this continuous anxiety. it was reinforced so hard that without psycological assistance, and pharmacological intervention I am most likely stuck with it.

Imagine being a guy who has his own luxury house in one of the best parts of the city
Owns a fast car
Has a wicked career
Picks up tons of chicks
great social circle

So yeah

I probably should have phrased that better. I've had anxiety my whole life but since I've been losing hair it's gotten worse. I wouldn't say I'm that privileged though I saw my dad die at a very early age so I think that might account for some of my depression/anxiety.

sadila

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
privileged.

try living with anxiety.

Owns a fast car
Has a wicked career
Picks up tons of chicks
great social circle

So yeah

Why would a guy like this be suffering from any form of anxiety related to hairloss ?

sadila

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because he doesn't like his own reflection, maybe?
I would tell myself to go f*** myself if i had all those parameters in my life and not liking my reflection

blackg

Reaction score
I would tell myself to go f*** myself if i had all those parameters in my life and not liking my reflection
I don't think so. We as humans always focus on the negative and nothing makes us feel more negative about ourselves then a physical flaw, or two, no matter how secure we are economically.

I understand @shookwun's pain.