Considering hair system at 21

mjg90

Reaction score
Hello, a bit about me. I'm 21 years old, live in Palm Beach Florida and have been experiencing hair loss for 4 years. It's had its ups and downs, with Propecia I started at 18 and it grew my hair back thicker and lower (hairline) than it had ever been in my life. I still haven't found results that were as good as mine. But I had severe side effects. Around the 12 month mark I called it quits. From 6-12 months I felt like a girl. Always worried about my girlfriend cheating on me, and couldn't last longer than 60 seconds in bed with a 60% errection. It did loads to my self esteem and I compensated in other ways. One note is although the erectile dysfunction, my sex drive was through the roof. I wanted to sleep with every girl I saw, big, small, tall, short, etc. I tried weaning on with micro doses of .125 and even lower with some success but the lower doses actually caused more psychological side effects (anxiety, weird feeling of hopelesness)

Anyways... I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good and reputable clinic in south Florida or the BEST place to get a quality hair system

Price is no object, I'm fortunate to have started a business 3 years ago that is now making me neatly 7 figures a year. There is a clinic near me, I'm not sure how reputable they are but I will find out today.

Questions: I've heard people with new "higher tech" systems being able to leave then in for a month. Is that possible?
It would be best for me to have it styled and applied by a professional once a month, and I've been told that's possible.

So really if someone can link me a website where I can get the absolute best, top of the line hair system I would be forever grateful.

BTW, I'm used to avoiding swimming and wind also rain, from my use of toppik. Also not letting girls touch my hair or anyone else, no hats, etc. So it seems to me like a good option, especially since I have the means to go on a (much needed) vacation for a few months... all the while coming home and saying my hair grew it was a miracle. Also fortunate that I don't currently have a girlfriend or any friends for that matter, as my business has been running my life. So the only ones I need to give a story too are my parents and employees.

Thanks for the help in advance!
Cheers

Noah

Reaction score
Hi MJG​

It is possible to leave a system on for a month - more to do with the glues that are now available than the system itself. This is what the 'Hair Club' style places do - they apply the system with acrylic glue and only they can take it off at your monthly regroom. It sounds like that is what you are being offered. Actually the system you use to do this is not the newest technology, because a system needs to be pretty rugged (no pun intended) to stand being on your head 24/7 for a whole month. That is inconsistent with it being the most lightweight undetectable system available, because they tend to be more fragile. There are also hygiene issues with keeping the unit on for a month at a time. But some guys like it nevertheless, because (at least in theory) they only have to confront the fact that they are bald once a month.

In short, you can do this, but you won't be able to take advantage of the lightest most undetectabIe systems. Better to aim for a change ever 7 - 10 days in my view, so that you can.

I think the best systems on the mass market these days, certainly in terms of value, are over the Internet from places like Northwest Lace or Toplace, but salons like Farrell are clearly also producing very good work, albeit wildly more expensive.

It sounds like you are in a really good position to make the change, so allow me to wish you good luck. Please feel free to ask any questions you have.

I can't help on places in Florida from personal experience, but I see that Richard Farrell has a place there, and that might be a good place to start, especially if money is no object.

Noah​

SamSmithuk

Reaction score
Hello, a bit about me. I'm 21 years old, live in Palm Beach Florida and have been experiencing hair loss for 4 years. It's had its ups and downs, with Propecia I started at 18 and it grew my hair back thicker and lower (hairline) than it had ever been in my life. I still haven't found results that were as good as mine. But I had severe side effects. Around the 12 month mark I called it quits. From 6-12 months I felt like a girl. Always worried about my girlfriend cheating on me, and couldn't last longer than 60 seconds in bed with a 60% errection. It did loads to my self esteem and I compensated in other ways. One note is although the erectile dysfunction, my sex drive was through the roof. I wanted to sleep with every girl I saw, big, small, tall, short, etc. I tried weaning on with micro doses of .125 and even lower with some success but the lower doses actually caused more psychological side effects (anxiety, weird feeling of hopelesness)

Anyways... I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good and reputable clinic in south Florida or the BEST place to get a quality hair system

Price is no object, I'm fortunate to have started a business 3 years ago that is now making me neatly 7 figures a year. There is a clinic near me, I'm not sure how reputable they are but I will find out today.

Questions: I've heard people with new "higher tech" systems being able to leave then in for a month. Is that possible?
It would be best for me to have it styled and applied by a professional once a month, and I've been told that's possible.

So really if someone can link me a website where I can get the absolute best, top of the line hair system I would be forever grateful.

BTW, I'm used to avoiding swimming and wind also rain, from my use of toppik. Also not letting girls touch my hair or anyone else, no hats, etc. So it seems to me like a good option, especially since I have the means to go on a (much needed) vacation for a few months... all the while coming home and saying my hair grew it was a miracle. Also fortunate that I don't currently have a girlfriend or any friends for that matter, as my business has been running my life. So the only ones I need to give a story too are my parents and employees.

Thanks for the help in advance!
Cheers

Hey i have been wearing for a year and have been using a well known company to buy my hairsystems, i fit them myself and have a stylist cut them in when new, (i am currently looking for another manufacture as im not really happy with their communication and length of time to get the systems to me). I was in a position too to go join a hair club but decided against the idea as i realised after chatting to someone and reading a blog about the cons of having the system on your head for that length of time. Your scalp naturally sheds if the systems prevents the loose skin from shedding it builds up and smells real bad not to mention the build up of bacteria, if you have any problems with the adhesives and the skin becomes sore or surface of the skin breaks you will be in trouble!

mjg90

Reaction score
Hi MJG​

It is possible to leave a system on for a month - more to do with the glues that are now available than the system itself. This is what the 'Hair Club' style places do - they apply the system with acrylic glue and only they can take it off at your monthly regroom. It sounds like that is what you are being offered. Actually the system you use to do this is not the newest technology, because a system needs to be pretty rugged (no pun intended) to stand being on your head 24/7 for a whole month. That is inconsistent with it being the most lightweight undetectable system available, because they tend to be more fragile. There are also hygiene issues with keeping the unit on for a month at a time. But some guys like it nevertheless, because (at least in theory) they only have to confront the fact that they are bald once a month.

In short, you can do this, but you won't be able to take advantage of the lightest most undetectabIe systems. Better to aim for a change ever 7 - 10 days in my view, so that you can.

I think the best systems on the mass market these days, certainly in terms of value, are over the Internet from places like Northwest Lace or Toplace, but salons like Farrell are clearly also producing very good work, albeit wildly more expensive.

It sounds like you are in a really good position to make the change, so allow me to wish you good luck. Please feel free to ask any questions you have.

I can't help on places in Florida from personal experience, but I see that Richard Farrell has a place there, and that might be a good place to start, especially if money is no object.

Noah​

Actually, the system i am getting is the lightweight undetectable one. With hair club, you get full effect of "getting what you pay for". albeit expensive, they say its the best quality on the market and is undetectable.

But i do have a few questions. I asked the people at hair club these questions, but i wasnt if they were just trying to sell me

1. Can you really wear it in water? Like spearfishing, diving, etc? Seems a bit farfetched... and im not thrown off if it is, as i wore lots of toppik for a few years all the while avoiding wind, rain, and water

2. If you were to get a good amount of the hair in your hand, and give a gradual but increasingly foresful tug, would it come off?

3. Can it stand up to high winds? Mainly that of being on a boat going 75mph for hours at a time (wouldnt mind wearing a hat during the runs)

4. They told me the system im getting is very densly packed hairs, im wondering if i can wear it downward, with just slight bangs. Most pictures/videos i see are with systems flowing backward or combed over

Thanks in advance for any help!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and they also recommend coming in for change/style every 2 weeks, but they told me it could go 4 weeks if i wasn't extensively sweating on a daily basis

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Actually, the system i am getting is the lightweight undetectable one. With hair club, you get full effect of "getting what you pay for". albeit expensive, they say its the best quality on the market and is undetectable.

But i do have a few questions. I asked the people at hair club these questions, but i wasnt if they were just trying to sell me

1. Can you really wear it in water? Like spearfishing, diving, etc? Seems a bit farfetched... and im not thrown off if it is, as i wore lots of toppik for a few years all the while avoiding wind, rain, and water

2. If you were to get a good amount of the hair in your hand, and give a gradual but increasingly foresful tug, would it come off?

3. Can it stand up to high winds? Mainly that of being on a boat going 75mph for hours at a time (wouldnt mind wearing a hat during the runs)

4. They told me the system im getting is very densly packed hairs, im wondering if i can wear it downward, with just slight bangs. Most pictures/videos i see are with systems flowing backward or combed over

Thanks in advance for any help!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and they also recommend coming in for change/style every 2 weeks, but they told me it could go 4 weeks if i wasn't extensively sweating on a daily basis

1-3 all depend on how well its bonded or the cycle. For example if you are getting a 4 week bond it may be more "loose" in the 4th week - but wont come off in high winds. If its bonded correctly and its the first couple of weeks it is extremely unlikely to shift.

You will understand how long you can go and what you can do over the first few months and adjust; be it reattaching every 2, 3 or 4-weeks.

Yes do you pay significantly more through these hair clubs. For example I DIY and I get away with $480 a year for my unit, cut in and all the products. However, the biggest advantage of DIY is learning yourself by actually doing things. Its ok to watch someone at a hair club but you can do the same on youtube. If you happy to pay their fees then a hair club is an option.

#4 Im curious to know what they mean by densely packed.

mjg90

Reaction score
Lots of hairs on the system itself. They said older men get ones that are somewhat thin to replicate a more realistic appearance. But since I'm young they said it'll will look good with the "densely packed" hairs
I'm really excited for this. I'm not a social media guy, and I have some friends at UCF that I haven't seen in years so right after I get it done I'm going to go there for a couple weeks, come back for a new system and style than relax on the beach. I'm so thankful I have the opportunity to do such a clean minded transition into my new life.

- - - Updated - - -

And so beyond thankful I won't have to touch Propecia poison again. I'll put my bottom dollar that there's better treatment before I'm 30

- - - Updated - - -

As for water, what do you think?

Noah

Reaction score

N: Well they would say that, wouldn't they? They have different grades at different prices, certainly, but I still think the best systems will not stand being glued on for a month. But of course I will be happy for you if I turn out to be wrong. Keep an open mind about whether there is better out there. I'm sure you're doing the right thing by getting some support at the start.

1. Can you really wear it in water? Like spearfishing, diving, etc?

N: yes, I have done scuba. You just need a good waterproof tape.

N: not if you have kept to a sensible re-attachment regime. The hair will pull out before the base would release. The hairline might come up with a sharp tug if you have recently been sweating, depending what adhesive you have used. That would be the worst case scenario.

3. Can it stand up to high winds? Mainly that of being on a boat going 75mph for hour.

N: no problem. The system doesn't offer any resistance to the wind.

N: of course; that is the easy solution if you are not exposing hairline.

N: I have said my piece on this above.

mjg90

Reaction score

N: Well they would say that, wouldn't they? They have different grades at different prices, certainly, but I still think the best systems will not stand being glued on for a month. But of course I will be happy for you if I turn out to be wrong. Keep an open mind about whether there is better out there. I'm sure you're doing the right thing by getting some support at the start.

1. Can you really wear it in water? Like spearfishing, diving, etc?

N: yes, I have done scuba. You just need a good waterproof tape.

N: not if you have kept to a sensible re-attachment regime. The hair will pull out before the base would release. The hairline might come up with a sharp tug if you have recently been sweating, depending what adhesive you have used. That would be the worst case scenario.

3. Can it stand up to high winds? Mainly that of being on a boat going 75mph for hour.

N: no problem. The system doesn't offer any resistance to the wind.

N: of course; that is the easy solution if you are not exposing hairline.

N: I have said my piece on this above.

Thanks for the expertise, I appreciate it. I'm a perfectionist, so I will defiantly be taking your advice on looking for the newest and best materials to hold well and look natural. But for the first 6 month contract with them I feel very comfortable getting my foundation in this great endeavor I am embarking upon. They have assured me that with adhesive and system itself I am getting with my, expensive, package it will undoubtedly hold up in water. And they also told me that if I am unsatisfied with any part of it, all of the money I give to them will be transferred as credit to their sister company Bosley for a FUE transplant. So I will just see what happens. I still have a decent head of hair, but with my head shape, the recession totally throws off the frame of my face. I know I could get amazing results on Propecia (as I have in the past) and a transplant could bring a lot back. But at the present time I am more willing to wear a system than take propecia. Some may call it a hoax and what not, but the lasting side effects of the drug are horendous. And I totally understand that a small number of people experience these effects, around 2%, which is most of the reason why I tried getting back on it 3-4 times
If the system turns out to be a total wash and I hate it, I'll just shave my head jump on the propecia and use testosterone year round to combat the sides (which I have done in the past)

Wish me luck, currently growing my hair out for a month and my appointment is on March 10th. I'll post pictures before and after, as there are remarkably very limited

shookwun

Reaction score
Given expert advice

decides to go with Bosley.

Go to a private clinic. research around, plenty in the florida area. Check North west place.... where to get cut-ins for systems in Florida state.

research.