Consensus Of Detumescence...is It Legit? This Guy Seems To Have Found The Cure...

RecoveringMinoxAddict

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...astering-the-potential-cure-log.77390/page-10

This thread is locked, but it seems that active dermarolling actually helped this guy manage regrow all of his hair even when stopping minoxidil.

So what was the consensus? Was it all a lie? Did he fabricate it?

If it isn't a lie, then do we have actual prove for hair loss reversal in male pattern baldness?

There has to be some kind of a community consensus on it, right?

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermarolling is proven to regrow and thicken hair, especially when coupled with Minoxidil. No need for consensus, just look at the studies and a few posts here of guys who stuck with it for more than a few days. It upregulated genes associated with healthy hair growth and downregulates genes linked with male pattern baldness. You will not find any valid argument against it. Your regimen is already pretty strong and should yeld good results, add dermaroling and it might help make it even better. I'm personally against 5ar inhibitors for hair loss and spend a lot of time around cats so Minoxidil is a no-go for me, but I'm gonna add dermarolling to my regimen soon.

RecoveringMinoxAddict

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermarolling is proven to regrow and thicken hair, especially when coupled with Minoxidil. No need for consensus, just look at the studies and a few posts here of guys who stuck with it for more than a few days. It upregulated genes associated with healthy hair growth and downregulates genes linked with male pattern baldness. You will not find any valid argument against it. Your regimen is already pretty strong and should yeld good results, add dermaroling and it might help make it even better. I'm personally against 5ar inhibitors for hair loss and spend a lot of time around cats so Minoxidil is a no-go for me, but I'm gonna add dermarolling to my regimen soon.
Can you link to these studies?

If this is true why aren't more people talking about this?

Do we actually have a cure on our hands?

What are best practices of dermarolling for this?

Please share more on this! I didn't know dermarolling actually worked.

Can more guys vouch for this? Have we found cure? Really?

What is the catch? Seems way too easy.

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you link to these studies?

If this is true why aren't more people talking about this?

Do we actually have a cure on our hands?

What are best practices of dermarolling for this?

Please share more on this! I didn't know dermarolling actually worked.

Can more guys vouch for this? Have we found cure? Really?

What is the catch? Seems way too easy.

A few studies:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4458936/

Generally speaking, those who stick with dermarolling for 4-6+ months see success even when other treatments have failed.

Anecdotally, it seems like dermarolling with 1.5mm needles once a week is most effective. Do in combination with minoxidil but skip minoxidil for 24 hours after the dermarolling session

RecoveringMinoxAddict

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread needs to be bumped every day until it is either confirmed bullshit or cure.

I'm starting to do dermarolling on my scalp barren temple areas 1.5 times a week.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread needs to be bumped every day until it is either confirmed bullshit or cure.

I'm starting to do dermarolling on my scalp barren temple areas 1.5 times a week.
I imagine he's a good responder but that guy had some amazing regrowth although he was very extreme with the derma rolling, he also used a 2mm roller which meant lots of blood coupled in with the betadine. His regrowth is far better than what's shown in that thread, here is an album I made of his regrowth. https://imgur.com/a/g7QTqds

This guy also had a thread over on an exclusive private hairloss forum with his exact regime which people over there tried to replicate exactly, sadly none of them saw his levels of regrowth. That said derma rolling has many studies showing that it's good for regrowing hair and that it's an effective treatment in combating hairloss.

Dinnosaur

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I imagine he's a good responder but that guy had some amazing regrowth although he was very extreme with the derma rolling, he also used a 2mm roller which meant lots of blood coupled in with the betadine. His regrowth is far better than what's shown in that thread, here is an album I made of his regrowth. https://imgur.com/a/g7QTqds

This guy also had a thread over on an exclusive private hairloss forum with his exact regime which people over there tried to replicate exactly, sadly none of them saw his levels of regrowth. That said derma rolling has many studies showing that it's good for regrowing hair and that it's an effective treatment in combating hairloss.
ok that wasn't pleasant, but did the job

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Jesus! that looks horrendous, as if someone bottled him.

I have used the derminator at 2.25m and it seems to puncture perfectly without all that blood.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus! that looks horrendous, as if someone bottled him.

I have used the derminator at 2.25m and it seems to puncture perfectly without all that blood.
The blood is mixed with betadine which is an antiseptic and that makes it look worse than it actually is although there's still a good amount of blood regardless. If you're using the derminator 2.25mm that should be a good amount superior to what this guy is doing.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The blood is mixed with betadine which is an antiseptic and that makes it look worse than it actually is although there's still a good amount of blood regardless. If you're using the derminator 2.25mm that should be a good amount superior to what this guy is doing.

There seems to be very little blood after using the derminator, I also apply elastoplast wound spray afterwards.

I tried a 1.5mm roller in the past and the pain was pretty bad, all the way up to 2.25mm on the demrinator and the pain is definitely bearable.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There seems to be very little blood after using the derminator, I also apply elastoplast wound spray afterwards.

I tried a 1.5mm roller in the past and the pain was pretty bad, all the way up to 2.25mm on the demrinator and the pain is definitely bearable.
I definitely need to get my hands on a Derminator, rollers are still effective but they are definitely at the bottom of the stack. Recently stepped up to a 2mm stamp and I'm finding it a good amount better with less micotearing. I'm actually able to use the 2mm on my face without it making my skin go all lumpy. I've seen some videos of pens and the derminator in action and I can clearly see how much more easy and effective they'd be. My only issue is that it can take up to 10 weeks to ship to Australia and it's almost Christmas meaning shipping is a mess and I'm not prepared for the anxiety waiting for a $265 item to arrive.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely need to get my hands on a Derminator, rollers are still effective but they are definitely at the bottom of the stack. Recently stepped up to a 2mm stamp and I'm finding it a good amount better with less micotearing. I'm actually able to use the 2mm on my face without it making my skin go all lumpy. I've seen some videos of pens and the derminator in action and I can clearly see how much more easy and effective they'd be. My only issue is that it can take up to 10 weeks to ship to Australia and it's almost Christmas meaning shipping is a mess and I'm not prepared for the anxiety waiting for a $265 item to arrive.

It's certainly worth it if you are going to be using it regularly. I was told it would take around month for Uk shipping, the item arrived in a week.

Australia will probably take longer but I would be surprised if it took that long.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's certainly worth it if you are going to be using it regularly. I was told it would take around month for Uk shipping, the item arrived in a week.

Australia will probably take longer but I would be surprised if it took that long.
That's super reassuring actually, they say in their info it typically takes 6 weeks for Australia which is 42 days but it can take up to 10 weeks and for some odd reason tracking in Australia doesn't work. Definitely makes more more enthusiastic to jump to one as I also plan to use it on my face so it will go to good use. How many needles cartridges do you go through since I won't be able to easily just order new ones in?

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's super reassuring actually, they say in their info it typically takes 6 weeks for Australia which is 42 days but it can take up to 10 weeks and for some odd reason tracking in Australia doesn't work. Definitely makes more more enthusiastic to jump to one as I also plan to use it on my face so it will go to good use. How many needles cartridges do you go through since I won't be able to easily just order new ones in?

I’ve been using it once a week and I have changed the cartridge every week.
You can clean and reuse them though, I may start doing this so I don’t have to keep ordering them.

They have instructions on their site how to clean them , shouldn’t be a problem if you just disinfect the needles.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been using it once a week and I have changed the cartridge every week.
You can clean and reuse them though, I may start doing this so I don’t have to keep ordering them.

They have instructions on their site how to clean them , shouldn’t be a problem if you just disinfect the needles.
Yeah that's what I was planning to do, just clean and reuse them until they get too blunt to penetrate correctly. Thanks for the information.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it necessary to wound until blood? I’ve been dermarolling for 2 months without blood. The most I’ve gotten was 2-3 specks of blood total in multiple sessions. It seems overboard to do it until you literally bleed like that one guy did. Has anyone else had good results without bleeding?

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it necessary to wound until blood? I’ve been dermarolling for 2 months without blood. The most I’ve gotten was 2-3 specks of blood total in multiple sessions. It seems overboard to do it until you literally bleed like that one guy did. Has anyone else had good results without bleeding?
There isn't enough reliable information to really say for sure as it's all anecdotal, I found regrowth using a 1.5mm with minimal bleeding but I also noticed that more intensive derma rolling yielded superior results. I recently stepped up to a 2mm stamp and I'm bleeding far more using that, I'm only on my 2nd week with the last session being a few days ago so I can update you in the future. Usually if I take a close-up I can see small hairs forming within 8 days.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There isn't enough reliable information to really say for sure as it's all anecdotal, I found regrowth using a 1.5mm with minimal bleeding but I also noticed that more intensive derma rolling yielded superior results. I recently stepped up to a 2mm stamp and I'm bleeding far more using that, I'm only on my 2nd week with the last session being a few days ago so I can update you in the future. Usually if I take a close-up I can see small hairs forming within 8 days.

Same, I’ve only done it with hardly any bleeding while using minoxidil which i’ve just decided to quit due to sides. I also can notice small hairs springing up and have had fairly strong regrowth in only 2 months. But I have seen that people who do it harder do seem to get the best results as far as regrowth. What brand of dermastamp are you using? Is it more effective and efficient than a roller?