Conflicting Dutasteride Study Regarding Serum DHT Reduction

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really? No problems with hair imho

https://www.beIgraviacentre.com/blog/ashton-kutcher-reveals-hair-loss-after-stopping-treatment/

He’s been pretty public with his hair loss, recently stopped taking it and has started to recede.

Unlike that slimy Mathew conahey who denied and then tried to shill for this nonsense hairloss product

notoriousone

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're not able to follow a logical argument. I had to explain to you what a limit is and how it applies to steady state drug levels. You are obsessed with the notion that any reduction in allopregnanolone is bad when the truth is far more nuanced (actual levels don't matter so much as stability). I tried explaining this to you but you are just like "Look this mouse study shows a reduction in allopregnanolone therefore finasteride and dutasteride are bad for humans". Anyone reading that thread can make their own conclusion.

Also, you message me asking for answers to all of your problems and then claim that saw palmetto is lowering your allopregnanolone. There is a reason I stopped responding. I highly recommend you do some reading on the dunning kruger effect and consider the possibility that it may very well apply to your situation.

No thank you. I've been on 5AR inhibitors far longer than you and have read far more studies on them than you.

Sure just ignore studies showing neuroprotection and making the assumption that any reduction in plasma allopregnanolone results in a negative cognitive effect. Do you have any studies showing cognitive impairment with finasteride or dutasteride? No. Truth is, you can't handle taking 5AR inhibitors. You probably can't handle taking ANYTHING that might make any minute change to your physiology based on your claims about saw palmetto. This is most likely psychosomatic and you are probably one of those guys that gets sides minutes after taking their first pill but you know what, it's not my problem. Just stop going around making baseless claims about drugs that you can't take because of your mental health issues, there are plenty of guys who can and SHOULD take these drugs IF their life is going to be severely negatively impacted by male pattern baldness. Severe depression can have way more adverse effects on well being, and cognitive function, than finasteride or dutasteride ever could if they even do at all which again, no studies sw (conversely some do show a protective effect).
This novel is littered with ad hominem attacks and inaccurate statements. I think most ppl will realize emotion clouds rationality. You have massive logic gaps in your conclusions, and I believe it stems from wanting something to be the case vs. objectivity. Running around to all my posts, commenting rebuttals is just bizarre. I'm no longer going to reply to any of your comments.

Last edited:

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This novel is littered with ad hominem attacks and inaccurate statements. I think most ppl will realize emotion clouds rationality. You have massive logic gaps in your conclusions, and I believe it stems from wanting something to be the case vs. objectivity.
You weren't even capable, and still aren't, of understanding the argument. Your mind can only process lower allopregnanolone = bad.
Running around to all my posts, commenting rebuttals is just bizarre.
The one comment you're referring to in the HMI-115 thread is an objective correction of basic logic syntax that reiterates my point you have no business commenting in these discussions with any serious degree of rational authority. Once again, I urge you to consider the implications of the dunning kruger effect and how it applies to you.
I'm no longer going to reply to any of your comments.
Please don't. You have 0 value to add. Debating a fool is not something I'm interested in wasting my time on.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
You weren't even capable, and still aren't, of understanding the argument. Your mind can only process lower allopregnanolone = bad.

The one comment you're referring to in the HMI-115 thread is an objective correction of basic logic syntax that reiterates my point you have no business commenting in these discussions with any serious degree of rational authority. Once again, I urge you to consider the implications of the dunning kruger effect and how it applies to you.

Please don't. You have 0 value to add. Debating a fool is not something I'm interested in wasting my time on.
Im back on dutasteride but once weekly instead. finasteride daily and duta once a week has worked for many. I had reduced shedding on dutasteride and No scalp itch. But on just finasteride I have more shedding and scalp itch sometimes.

potatopirate

My Regimen
Reaction score

Everyone should get blood tests done to determine if a drug is effective for them, my serum DHT is nearly untraceable after my last bloodtest. dutasteride/finasteride etc they could all possible be not as effective on some people with abnormabilites, specficially given that they were intitally designed to shrink the size of someones prostate it stands to reason that a giant *** prostate would make it harder for the drug

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone should get blood tests done to determine if a drug is effective for them
You are right, people with androgens meds need it but for hair loss is irrelevant because the important one are made inside of hair follicle, different levels than in blood work.

Migraine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im back on dutasteride but once weekly instead. finasteride daily and duta once a week has worked for many. I had reduced shedding on dutasteride and No scalp itch. But on just finasteride I have more shedding and scalp itch sometimes.
I’m also from Sweden and I think this is a regimen I want to try out. Been on fina for about three years with decent results. Problem is that duta is more or less impossible to get hold of in Sweden (as you probably know). Got any tips on how to get some?

potatopirate

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are right, people with androgens meds need it but for hair loss is irrelevant because the important one are made inside of hair follicle, different levels than in blood work.
I think you have a misunderstanding of how blood travels across your body, so if you have finasteride in your blood it's also in your scalps blood flow, which is why steroids which are directly injected into your body will still reach your hair follice bro.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, hair follicles are connected to bloody supply but they don´t need androgens from testes.

KyloTT

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you are not doing better with finasteride alone.

I have experienced the same thing with dutasteride eod, my temples had receded drastically from jan 22 to now.

Now im trying fina 1mg at morning and 0,5 on evening.