Concealer Reviews

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
When I read this, it seems there is stuff that will protect us from baldness discrimination on the job, but nothing even halfway decent for dating. All those products suck, from what I've read in this thread. I'm glad the woman I'm dating is short enough not to see my top, and that she is happy with night dates. I think I'll just wear a baseball cap in the day time.
As long as she doesn't run her fingers through your hair alot, you should be fine. Just slap her hand away! :wink:

CCS

Reaction score
what about during kissing or hugging? Will it get on the side of her head if our heads touch? Or should I slap her face away if she wants to kiss me?

Yeah, if you just want to buy her dinner, I guess there would be no problem.

HairRebirth

Established Member
Reaction score
I just received two bottles of Hair so Real and I think that this product is just the best between the sprinkle-based concealers. The fibers are much thinner in comparison with Toppik(very easy and quick to apply and better results), its much cheaper (the cheapest you can find) and I think that it will last much longer than my previous fibers-concealer.

I am also waiting to receive my first two disks of Dermatch and if they are as good as Hair So Real, I will be very very happy.

Just to say that I also received Jason Thin to Thick sampoo and from the first use it seems to really make my hair thicker-looking and very clean and healthy feeling.

On the other hand,I bought Couvre last week and I am really surprised that some people love this product. It was only a paint - like painting your scalp - not at all natural look - and it smells really awful...

CCS

Reaction score
I was just reading up on dermmatch. They will send you a free extra shade after you get your first one, so you can mix them. And there is a money back guarantee that includes shipping. That takes the risk out. So the only reason not to try it is it just sounds so hard to believe. I'm sure if someone is NW5 and very thin, it would look good, expecially for work. But since my scalp is just showing a bit, I wonder if it is worth the hassel for me, and if it will be noticed, or it it will rub off on a woman playing with my hair. If you can't let a woman play with your hair, they you might as well stay single. I love it when my hair is played with.

s.a.f

Reaction score
NW5 !?! :shock:
These products are useless unless you have a decent amount of hair to begin with. Its diffuse thinners that get the most benefit from them.
If your hair is thin then dermatch or any fibres type of product should work for you. The manufacterers recommend using hairspray (or their own expensive sprays) to seal the product to your hair to prevent it from running/smearing. It should be fine for a woman to touch your hair without it staining her hands but sleeping on white pillowcases is another matter. :(

CCS

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
It should be fine for a woman to touch your hair without it staining her hands but sleeping on white pillowcases is another matter. :(

OK, I'll try it. Here's hoping. I'm still very incredulous, though. But if it could make a big difference, $35 is not a big investment.

CCS

Reaction score
I got plenty of hair, though my hair line is far apart thick hairs. I'm guessing 30/cm2. I doubt women will care about the thinner hair line as much as long as they don't see the thinness going 3-4 inches back.

s.a.f

Reaction score
If you're trying dermatch get yourself a mascara brush to apply it with as the applicators provided with it are crap. By coating the hairs it should give the illusion of extra thickness.

u120

Reaction score
hey guys, great info here. I have had numerous hair transplants since around 1995. I am satisfied with my vertex and crown but the freaking scar in the back is a killer. I have been buzzing my head with a #3 and I really like wearing it this way. What do you guys reccomend I use to ease the contrats of my scar and my hair? Thanks in advance.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I reccomend a concealer spray to cover scars. Try mane.

CCS

Reaction score
where do you buy mane?

Anyway, I ordered dermmatch. My hair is between a light and medium brown, and moderately thin in a 4 inch x 4 inch area. I'll let you guys know how it looks, what it feels like, and how easy it is.

trapsource

Reaction score
I was just reading up on dermmatch. They will send you a free extra shade after you get your first one, so you can mix them. And there is a money back guarantee that includes shipping. That takes the risk out. So the only reason not to try it is it just sounds so hard to believe. I'm sure if someone is NW5 and very thin, it would look good, expecially for work. But since my scalp is just showing a bit, I wonder if it is worth the hassel for me, and if it will be noticed, or it it will rub off on a woman playing with my hair. If you can't let a woman play with your hair, they you might as well stay single. I love it when my hair is played with.
I can think of something better she could play with....

ShedMaster

Reaction score
where do you buy mane?

Anyway, I ordered dermmatch. My hair is between a light and medium brown, and moderately thin in a 4 inch x 4 inch area. I'll let you guys know how it looks, what it feels like, and how easy it is.

CCS nice to have you posting a little more often now. Anyways, dermmatch is good stuff, it applies well, a little messy. Good for the hairline just follow the instructions and it takes practice to get it right. Also, they send you a secondary color free of charge for blending. Also they last for a long time!

s.a.f

Reaction score
where do you buy mane?

In the U.S I dont know but there are other products just like it, its just a brand name.

CCS

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
where do you buy mane?

In the U.S I dont know but there are other products just like it, its just a brand name.

If I do a google search on mane, it brings up many many other topics unrelated to cosmetics. I'm sure it would be even more difficult to find other brands when I don't even know what mane is.

I don't need to buy it. I just need to see a foreign site that sells it so I can read about it and figure out what keywords to use in my google search.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Try searching 'hair thickener spray' I think there's also one called cover up.

CCS

Reaction score
Does it harden the hair, like other hair sprays?

CCS

Reaction score
I googled it. There are a lot of them. I hate how they say "volumizes". That could just means it makes long hair stand up for more volume. I'm looking for something that specifically increases shaft diameter.