Combover Vs Horseshoe. Geek Vs. Freak?

KyleTroy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I finally understand and dont judge the 50 year old dude doing a wispy paste of 9 hairs.

He realizes he looks like a geek

But better than an absolute freak

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I finally understand and dont judge the 50 year old dude doing a wispy paste of 9 hairs.

He realizes he looks like a geek

But better than an absolute freak
Combovers make you look like a freak/geek/pedo/creep, etc.
I hate balding as much as the next guy but when you are NW4+ you really have no choice but to either get on treatments, hair transplants or shave it all off. The shaved look can look distinguished, badass and clean with the right physique and head shape on older men. Combovers are a no no. If you are young with NW4+ and can't afford treatments then you should submit yourself to being a hat slave.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shaving is never a good idea. A fine buzzcut looks better in every single case.

My dad grows out a NW5 donor with curly hair and it looks substantially better than nothing at all, takes at least a decade off and gives his head some structure, also avoiding the cancer patient look which he definitely has when he has buzzed it before. Depending on the your specific look,hair type, age, your body and the type of person you are growing out a NW4+ can still be a good option.

Really have to agree with the geek > freak notion of growing it out a bit. Generally a full buzz or shave is only better if you're young, visibly fit, tanned and have stubble to give the face a frame. Otherwise looking like a bit of a weirdo and making up for it in other regards is better than looking diseased and defeated.