Colouring my hair

britishboy

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and just invested in a course of Minoxidil and Nizoral shampoo and start it tomorrow. I'm off on holiday in 4 months for 4 weeks and am hoping to lighten my hair (from mousy to blonde). In the past I've used Sun-In, a crude peroxide (I think) so I'm guessing thats not a good way to go...

Are there any 'hair loss' friendly ways of colouring my hair gradually, as opposed to going from brown to blonde overnight. With the Sun-In I applied in lightly every couple of days so the change wasn't as obvious

Many thanks in advance

kar343

Reaction score
britishboy..coloring ur hair is never good especially when one has hair loss.Even if u color be careful not to color ur scalp as this could irritate the scalp.Use peroxide free hair colors.there are many over the net which are peroxide free...u can find some here....
http://www.farrellstore.com

Thin Jim

Reaction score
I have been dying my hair Dark Brown from Blonde for the last 16months. I have been dying it around 1 every 2 weeks and have not had any serious problems with doing it. I have to do it so ofter cause my hair grows real fast with the MSM im using and also as my natural colour is blonde it starts looking silly after more than 2 weeks. Also I find treatments lighten the hair. My hair looks better now with the success from my treatments than when I started doing it. Dying it makes it alot thicker and feels like its adding an extra coat onto the hair shafts.

However I know its bad for my scalp and I feel ill probably go back to blonde this summer. I would not be too worried about dying it. Make sure you go for the new creame dyes and not the old solutions. Try and keep it off your scalp, and also be careful not to get it on your ears and forehead as it can be hard to get off.

CCS

Reaction score
there is no way to healthfully darken the scalp? Without powder?