Cold showers thickened and strengthened my hair

chromic88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have started having cold showers for about 7 days now. I mainly started it for dopamine effects, it really helps me to wake up each morning.
I have read that it could benefit the hair, skin, testosterone, balancing other hormones etc... I must admit, I feel all of those benefits. And most importantly, I'm starting to see that my hair is becoming thicker and stronger.
I am about to start microneedling and also finasteride next month. but this really gave me a nice boost of confidence.

What do you guys think about cold showers?

INT

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have started having cold showers for about 7 days now. I mainly started it for dopamine effects, it really helps me to wake up each morning.
I have read that it could benefit the hair, skin, testosterone, balancing other hormones etc... I must admit, I feel all of those benefits. And most importantly, I'm starting to see that my hair is becoming thicker and stronger.
I am about to start microneedling and also finasteride next month. but this really gave me a nice boost of confidence.

What do you guys think about cold showers?

I am glad for you that you feel better from cold showers but it is physically impossible for your hair to look thicker after 7 days.

chromic88

My Regimen
Reaction score
hmm, you guys are probably right. I must be feeling euphoric from the shower.

but anyways. i would imagine cold is better than hot showers?

dragonjj109

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol even if cold showers game be a perfect hairline, I would never be able to take freezing cold showers to maintain it. That's torture.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shocking your body every morning like this could cause telogen effluvium. If you are worried about hot water, use neutral water.
Also cold showering could cause some vasoconstriction in the scalp which could in turn cause hair loss.

Brendan1

My Regimen
Reaction score
All you need to do is a final rinse of just your hair in cold water imo.

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr. Jack Kruse has compiled many ideas on cold adaptation and this may have something to do with it. I think his way is more extreme though than just taking cold showers but some things may overlap.