ChromusDomus's Story (Alopecia Universalis)

ChromusDomus

Reaction score
Roaming around the internet....bored of the usual things....u know, p**rn, world events, videos of idiots, etc.....i decided to actually look into this thing i'm afflicted with. You know what I found? Not a whole hell of a lot. Let me give you some background info.....I'm 25 years old.....hair left my world at the age of 7....thats right....baldness at 7....and thats bald all over by the way. I'm stressed out, neurotic, and shy as all hell. All of my relationships with women have all crashed and burned....pretty much due to my complete uneasiness with myself. And when I actually find myself in a relationship, its almost always completely sexual....never goes deeper...I could never allow that to happen. I generally have a bad attitude....except when I'm self medicated, i.e. stoned or drunk. I feel out of place in most social circles and I cant go anywhere without my protective covering.....my hat.
I really cant even express how shitty it is to find as little as i did in the way of alopecia info. It seem very little study has been done on alopecia universalis. And most of the reports are of the....it could be this, it could be that type. Not very helpful. I dont even know what it was i was looking for...just something, u know? I accepted my life and my situation a long time ago but that does not make it any easier to live this life in this situation. Eighteen years and still the medical advice remains the same....get a wig (ok, and what about the rest of my body?), wear a hat (check), and finally...deal with it. This isnt a life threatening disease and I understand that....so funding for research isnt exactly pouring out of peoples pockets.....I understand this.....but the least these fuckers could do is show a little effort. Show me something! Some progress! Fine, a cure is probably impossible...especially for universalis....but how bout just finding out why......why did this fall on me?

baldrunner

Reaction score
universal loss

:freaked2: Hey, I was really freaked when I lost all my hair three years ago and though I am older (38 when I lost all) it still shakes your personal body image to the core. Anyway, I find that bald is really fashionable right now and my attitude is more important when it comes to how people relate to me, not my hair loss. It is easier for me being older, but the people I meet don't go :freaked: you've got no hair & I doubt if it is because they are more enlightened. However, I really really miss my eyebrows and if anyone has some good advice how to stop sweat getting in your eyes on long runs I would really like to know ( I thought about growing a neanderthal brow but my wife didn't like the idea). I wear a hat a lot but mainly cause I get cold otherwise.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I know how you feel on that stuff. I was looking at photos of myself from 8th grade to now and I saw that I was losing hair at 14! My grandfathers both started lost their hair at young ages so I'm basically screwed until science comes with something.

One piece of advice ChromusDomus, hit the gym and work on self-esteem! People like a person who feels good about themselves and looks confident! No one wants to hang out with a whiner! Sorry if it means, but it's the truth.

Believe me, there's a guy at my school who is bald (horseshoe pattern and little on top) and women still talk to him!

I hit the gym 2-3 days a week and run 2-3 days a week! Even after practicing social skills, I still feel out of place in social circles like you do. It sucks, I know believe me I never really quite fit in either. Don't care about what others think about you! I've only had one girlfriend and I'm 21! I only have like 3 or 4 friends that I hang out with!

We can't always get what we want, that's another sad but true part of life!

I was even considering going into Biology to help find a cure for balding!

Work on the things you can change, not the ones you can't.

Science has come a way, it might take more time, but enjoy life instead of worrying about these things!