ChrisW1980uk's Story.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There hasn't been much of a change,my temple points are slightly darker. That's about it.

D.A.M.

Reaction score
Hey Chris, I've just come across your thread. I'm actually from North West England too - St. Helens to be in fact.

I'm 22 years old right now and I think I have a NW2, but my hair ain't thinning. I'm thinking of taking finasteride soon before I get a NW3, because my Dad went bald at a young age and my mother's father is bald too, so with genetics I think I'm f*cked :(

But yeah I know this post ain't really anything special, I just thought I would say hello when I cam across your thread because we are from the same area!

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi there mate! Ah St Helens, I remember going for a job interview there after I left school, nice town :) yeah it's tricky with being a NW2 as you could just be getting a mature hairline, or it could be the start of more extensive hairloss. As you don't get much true regrowth with finasteride, the sooner you get on it the better. Doesn't help that derms and GPs are pretty useless when it comes to male pattern baldness :/

D.A.M.

Reaction score
Hi there mate! Ah St Helens, I remember going for a job interview there after I left school, nice town :) yeah it's tricky with being a NW2 as you could just be getting a mature hairline, or it could be the start of more extensive hairloss. As you don't get much true regrowth with finasteride, the sooner you get on it the better. Doesn't help that derms and GPs are pretty useless when it comes to male pattern baldness :/

Exactly mate! The only thing that's stopped me getting on it straight away is the side effects. Have you had any serious side effects since being on fun?

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, I haven't. More watery semen and that has been it. I started on it around five years ago, and the more watery semen gas even it. Sorry for getting graphic, but I do have more pre ejaculate, but my gf is on the pill anyway, so not an issue, thankfully. Do you gave any pics fella?

D.A.M.

Reaction score
No, I haven't. More watery semen and that has been it. I started on it around five years ago, and the more watery semen gas even it. Sorry for getting graphic, but I do have more pre ejaculate, but my gf is on the pill anyway, so not an issue, thankfully. Do you gave any pics fella?

Ahh yeah mate.

I'm going to make a thread on here with pics and see if I can get any advice, but because I work nights, I've only been getting up at 4PM to 5PM.

And I've took some photos, but because the light is not so good (daylight sucks at this time of year), you can't see so great.

So I'm going to get some pics when I have a day off and I'll be awake during the day.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Time for a bump, eek here goes... after not being able to get generic proscar from inhouse, I managed to get my GP to do a private prescription for it. All well and good, until her husband tragically died, and she went off work. I thought I'd take a break, and see what happened by me not taking it. I have been off proscar for 9 months or so now. I haven't had all my hair fall out, hut my hairline has started to thin out again, and overall density is lower. So I guess I'm going to have to see if I can persuade another GP at the practice to do me a prescription for it!

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Chris, any pictures? It seems your hair is doing just fine overall except recently. I would get back on finasteride asap, "catch up hair loss" can occur even one year after cessation of the medication: it could still get much worse.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As I explained over pm, I'm loathe to post pics, after them being used on another site. Still need to get another prescription sorted!