Choosing the right salon, what to look for

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I began my Hair system journey a little over a month ago, and one of my biggest challenges starting out has been finding a good salon. I know this is such a crucial and vital part of hair systems for beginners.

Being new, and not knowing what to really look for, I chose a place that was the only one i could find that would work with hair systems not supplied by them, meaning that I could order my own and they would cut it in and do maintenance etc. This 'order my own' scenario is the most affordable for me as I'm not wealthy and on a budget.
This salon charges $150 for cut-ins and installs, and $85 for maintenance appointments. All appointments include dying bio hair and unit if needed, and cutting bio hair.
This salon primarily caters to cutting and styling women's hair, but also has a separate area where they do the hair replacement side of things

I did 2 consultations with the woman, and she answered all my questions, was very nice and professional and seemed to be a good choice.
Now, honestly, I'm just not real sure.
It's not that she does bad work, I actually thinks it looks pretty good/decent, but she offers very little information regarding the process, and gives very little information and tips on how to live with and maintain the system.
She basically puts me in a room, leaves to go do her thing with the system (cleans it, fits it, etc) then comes back and puts it on. She seems rushed and not willing to invest much time in the process or in helping to educate me.
She told me in consultation that she would give me complimentary items, (like leave in Conditioner, shampoo, glue etc everything I needed.) after my first cut-in. Then at cut in she proceeded to SELL me leave in conditioner and glue, totalling about $50-$55, and gave me ZERO complimentary items! And what's worse, when she told her assistant to go downstairs to prepare these items "I heard the assistant ask her "do I get a 'Go Bag' too?" The stylist replied "no".
So I'm assuming the "go bag" was the free items she promised, and now she was withholding them.
I didnt inquire about or question her on this, although looking back I should have.
So then right at the beginning I washed hair and it began knotting. When I went for maintenance appointment, after getting knots out and washing unit, she informed me that these issues were due to "the hair being of low quality", which kind of made me question her expertise. It's a Lavivid unit, and idk, I just have a hard time believing that the quality is so low that it would be something super rare that she has never seen before.
So then I asked her if she could re -dye my bio hair bc I was having grey again, and my unit is a solid 1 B with no grey. She was like "i think we probably shouldn't dye it this time and wait until next time, and a little grey is good bc that's natural."
LOL there's no grey in the unit so grey in bio hair obviously creates mismatch, how is that "natural"?
I could see that obviously she just didnt wana bother doing it, which was extra disappointing bc I had already told her she didnt have to cut bio hair at all this time bc I wanted to grow it a little longer, so to me this just showed she was being lazy or trying to save herself some time at my expense.
I ended up dying my own bio hair at home using my organic beard dye, which actually worked extremely well!
So then I made my next appointment for my next maintenance appointment which was 3 weeks away. I made it at the front desk and the girl just had me pick a day and time. When I got home I got an email confirmation and I notice the appointment is with some guy. It was never discussed that I would ever be worked on by anyone other than the stylist herself. I dont know if this dude has experience, skills, knowledge or anything.

So at this point I'm feeling kind of played, and a bit frustrated.
I dont wana sound salty, or like a little whiny complainer...but I just feel like when you discuss terms of service and prices, you should receive what you pay for and not be blind sided by things that were never discussed.
It also feels a bit like, actually very much like, I am not a priority to this stylist bc I opt to purchase my own unit- as opposed to buying their package- they charge $1,000 for a Hairskeen thin skin unit which I believe includes 1 cut in, possibly a maintenance. So obviously this is how they make the bulk of their revenue on the hair system side of their business. For someone who is not spending near as much $$$ with them, stylist seems less willing to invest much time and effort.
As far as the result of her work, it looks decent with unexposed hairline, if I comb it forward and/or to the side and cover the hairline. But the way she has cut it in and the base at the hairline, I could NEVER put it up or expose the hairline bc it looks super fake. Not at all like photos I've seen of guys on this forum or even on YouTube.
So bottom line, my first salon experience has been a bit of a disappointment. I honestly dont think my expectations are super high or unreasonable. Just want a place that treats the client nicely and respectfully/honestly, and provides information on the process and how to maintain...thats it.
I am going to go to my next maintenance appointment which is scheduled with some unknown guy whom I've never met and never even been told about, and hope that he can at least just clean unit and get it back on my head LOL. After that I'm going to try a new place that is substantially further from my home and hopefully itll be better.

Does anyone have any tips on finding a good salon or what to look for, questions to ask?
So far Google has led me to about 6 places within a 65 mile radius of my home, only 2 of which are willing to work with systems ordered personally by the client. And I do live just outside a major city.
Maybe there are smaller stylists not listed who do this kind of thing. Has anyone tried other ways of finding stylists? Maybe contacting hair transplant doctors and asking them for recommendations?

Anyway, any tips and feedback would be helpful.
Are my instincts correct regarding my current salon? Am I off base?
I know a big answer is that I need to learn to do this stuff on my own from home, at least maintenance.

Sorry for rant, LOL, but thanks for reading. I really appreciate this community and honestly it is the most valuable resource I have on this hair system journey.
So much support and info here. Thanks guys, much Love! :)

Last edited:

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't sound like you had a great experience, it can be hit or miss. As for prices, just understand that a stylist can do, depending on the service, 2-3 clients in an hour. It takes me one hour to do a basic service, and 1 1/2 - 2 to do a cut-in on a new system, depending on whether the client was wearing one when he came in.

$150 for a cut-in and $85 for maintenance is not a lot when you consider the time involved, and they also use their own glue/tapes, etc.

You said you did two consultations with them, those you did not pay for, correct? So they made no profit on the sale of the system. Most places won't touch a system that they don't sell. Primarily if there is an issue with the system, they can't help you, and you are stuck.

You also said you were sold products, instead of getting something for free. Why would you expect free products? You didn't buy the system from them. You were also not required to buy from them.

I DO take issue with their attitude, since they took you as a client, they should have listened to you and did what you asked (dying bio hair, etc).

It would make sense to find someone you trust.

You should let people know where you are, so you can get recommendations.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't sound like you had a great experience, it can be hit or miss. As for prices, just understand that a stylist can do, depending on the service, 2-3 clients in an hour. It takes me one hour to do a basic service, and 1 1/2 - 2 to do a cut-in on a new system, depending on whether the client was wearing one when he came in.

$150 for a cut-in and $85 for maintenance is not a lot when you consider the time involved, and they also use their own glue/tapes, etc.

You said you did two consultations with them, those you did not pay for, correct? So they made no profit on the sale of the system. Most places won't touch a system that they don't sell. Primarily if there is an issue with the system, they can't help you, and you are stuck.

You also said you were sold products, instead of getting something for free. Why would you expect free products? You didn't buy the system from them. You were also not required to buy from them.

I DO take issue with their attitude, since they took you as a client, they should have listened to you and did what you asked (dying bio hair, etc).

It would make sense to find someone you trust.

You should let people know where you are, so you can get recommendations.
Hey man, thanks so much for your response and helpful info! And also for taking the time to not only reply, but to read that lengthy rant of mine LOL. I appreciate your perspective especially bc you are actually in this business and this is your career.

As far as the pricing, I did think the 150 and 85 were reasonable, especially since she includes dye jobs....and she is the least expensive I could find, and only place at the time who works with systems not supplied by her.

As for the consultations they were free, and nice of her do do a second one for sure.

And regarding the complimentary products, I definitely wouldnt have expected them....it's just that at consult she specifically, and somewhat emphatically, told me that she would give me free sample size items of "everything I would need." And I would have not really even thought much about not receiving theses items, except that I heard her assistant ask her if she should include a "go bag" (in the context of situation it is pretty obvious she was referring to this free stuff) and stylist told her "no". But possible she meant that free products were given as part of package of buying system they supply.
But honestly I agree, it's not that big of a deal and maybe I'm being a bit petty about that part. You make some good points about that stuff.

She honestly seems like a really nice and capable young-ish woman, and seems to care, and I think has good knowledge and skills. I just think that she has a lot of clients and probably a ton of responsibilities at the salon/hair replacement center, and this can create pressure to prioritize....and when a client spends more money at your business you obviously dedicate more time and effort to those clients, and I'm just in the lower $$$ tier.

I think the biggest surprise is that I'm now scheduled with a guy that I've never met, and dont know anything about his skillset or knowledge in this area. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Is that unusual or typical in salons to just hand client off?

I may end up choosing a place where I have to buy unit from salon, but the cheapest option there is $525 for a poly unit brand "Onrite" which I think includes cut in, and 125 for maintenance appointments but I will learn to do that on my own.

I live in New Orleans, Louisiana. If anyone has any recommendations I'd be truly grateful!
Thanks again BaldBearded, you're a rockstar! :)

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Jake

Having read your very thoughtful posts, it seems to me you have answered your own questions, and you know exactly what you should be looking for in a salon. Whether you will be lucky enough to find it is of course a different matter. Obviously you want technical competence in fitting and cutting the system, but more than that, you want somewhere where you feel comfortable, and where you feel they are on your side supporting your choice to wear hair, and not just treating you as a milchkuh. A good hair system salon will offer and discuss with you a range of choices in system design (especially bases), adhesives, and wearing styles, will want to know about your lifestyle, understand how the system is going to fit into that lifestyle, and just generally listen to what you want to achieve. A sedentary 45-year-old married man will want a different product from a 22-year-old college jock. It should also empower you to look after your own system to the extent you want to, by educating you about the various techniques, and being there to discuss any problems you may have and to sort out any little emergencies. A mediocre salon will have one product which they apply to everyone. They are not interested in new developments. They are also not interested in educating you to become independent. On the contrary, they prefer you to be dependent on them for everything, so that you are a regular income. There are too many places like that, but not all. Good salons are run by good people - nice friendly intelligent people who derive a genuine satisfaction from helping their customers, and even see hair replacement as something of a vocation.

Noah

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Heya,

NOLA! One of my favs! How y'att?

Let me do some research and see what I can come up with.

I can't talk about other salons, I know how WE handle clients. We go all out... but that maybe is just us, and most of our affiliated stylists ONLY do hair replacement.

I know from here, Israel, that ALL of the folks doing hair replacement do mostly women, charge outrageous prices, give crap service, and won't touch a system from someone else.

Many of the guys I know do their own service and go to a number of excellent barbers who cut on hair systems.

As for the guy you have no info. on... can you google him, get some reviews?

TBH, you might need to go the salon route and pay the $$$ upfront until you get set. Then, as you get more comfortable, know both what you want, and what to ask for, you can become more independent. Nothing is worse than saving $100 on a system, only to have to toss it in the trash because it's not working for you.

Good luck, we are here for you!

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hi Jake

Having read your very thoughtful posts, it seems to me you have answered your own questions, and you know exactly what you should be looking for in a salon. Whether you will be lucky enough to find it is of course a different matter. Obviously you want technical competence in fitting and cutting the system, but more than that, you want somewhere where you feel comfortable, and where you feel they are on your side supporting your choice to wear hair, and not just treating you as a milchkuh. A good hair system salon will offer and discuss with you a range of choices in system design (especially bases), adhesives, and wearing styles, will want to know about your lifestyle, understand how the system is going to fit into that lifestyle, and just generally listen to what you want to achieve. A sedentary 45-year-old married man will want a different product from a 22-year-old college jock. It should also empower you to look after your own system to the extent you want to, by educating you about the various techniques, and being there to discuss any problems you may have and to sort out any little emergencies. A mediocre salon will have one product which they apply to everyone. They are not interested in new developments. They are also not interested in educating you to become independent. On the contrary, they prefer you to be dependent on them for everything, so that you are a regular income. There are too many places like that, but not all. Good salons are run by good people - nice friendly intelligent people who derive a genuine satisfaction from helping their customers, and even see hair replacement as something of a vocation.

Noah
Hey thanks Noah! Such a great and articulate post, as always tbh, you definitely have a gift with words man.
You definitely spelled out to a T what to look for in a salon, and the ideal vs. the not-so-much. Reading your explanation of what a good salon should be and do, I definitely dont think I've found that in my current one. They didnt discuss with me alot of the options you mentioned and didnt inquire much at all about my lifestyle or expectations or really even style options. She basically just asked to see a couple of pictures i had on my phone of guys who had hairstyles i was trying to achieve, and then said "okay, cool" and went to work doing her thing. And honestly the look she gave me wasn't even close to what I showed her.
I dont think they're a bad salon, its actually a really nice place with a pretty good stylist...I just feel they are spread thin by taking on many clients and they offer alot of different services, so they just dont seem to have much time to devote to each individual, especially someone like myself who doesnt spend as much and buy direct from them.
I'll take your advice and keep searching and do more consultations. It may be that I either have to go a little further, or choose a place who I have to buy system from them and spend a bit more, but if they're a quality place itll be worth it.
I'm just glad the ball is rolling and I have momentum now.
Thanks again for your very helpful and encouraging words Noah! So very helpful. You've been there from day 1 on this forum from back in December, you and Baldbearded both! You're awesome man :)

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Heya,

NOLA! One of my favs! How y'att?

Let me do some research and see what I can come up with.

I can't talk about other salons, I know how WE handle clients. We go all out... but that maybe is just us, and most of our affiliated stylists ONLY do hair replacement.

I know from here, Israel, that ALL of the folks doing hair replacement do mostly women, charge outrageous prices, give crap service, and won't touch a system from someone else.

Many of the guys I know do their own service and go to a number of excellent barbers who cut on hair systems.

As for the guy you have no info. on... can you google him, get some reviews?

TBH, you might need to go the salon route and pay the $$$ upfront until you get set. Then, as you get more comfortable, know both what you want, and what to ask for, you can become more independent. Nothing is worse than saving $100 on a system, only to have to toss it in the trash because it's not working for you.

Good luck, we are here for you!
Hey man, thanks for the advice and info! I see you using some Louisiana lingo man, sounds like you've visited NOLA-The Big Easy- before :)
Your salon sounds awesome! I Wish I could just come to Yall!

Man, it's funny I didn't even think to google the guy I'm scheduled with until I read your post. I did look him up and funny story, it turns out he's actually the owner of the salon and apparently has pretty extensive hair replacement experience as well as being a stylist. He's not a young guy, and has been in the industry for many years. He probably taught and trained the stylist I've been going to.
So I feel alot better about that.

That's cool how you say some guys go to barbers to cut their systems. I bet its more affordable, just have to find one who can do it.

Yea I believe you're correct, I think I may have to just go to a good salon and buy direct from them and spend a bit more, as long as they supply good quality and do good work. Then like u said, at some point when I'm more self sufficient I can buy my own and go from there.
Thanks again for all of your helpful and encouraging words brother. Means way more than you know.
Hope I can return the favor one day :)

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, thanks for the advice and info! I see you using some Louisiana lingo man, sounds like you've visited NOLA-The Big Easy- before :)
Your salon sounds awesome! I Wish I could just come to Yall!

Man, it's funny I didn't even think to google the guy I'm scheduled with until I read your post. I did look him up and funny story, it turns out he's actually the owner of the salon and apparently has pretty extensive hair replacement experience as well as being a stylist. He's not a young guy, and has been in the industry for many years. He probably taught and trained the stylist I've been going to.
So I feel alot better about that.

That's cool how you say some guys go to barbers to cut their systems. I bet its more affordable, just have to find one who can do it.

Yea I believe you're correct, I think I may have to just go to a good salon and buy direct from them and spend a bit more, as long as they supply good quality and do good work. Then like u said, at some point when I'm more self sufficient I can buy my own and go from there.
Thanks again for all of your helpful and encouraging words brother. Means way more than you know.
Hope I can return the favor one day :)
One of my closest and dearest friends was born in Metairie, and I had the pleasure to visit and get the locals' tour (before Katrina). I love the food and always have a can of "Community Coffee" in my cupboard.

I would be happy to do a service for you, I am just a bit over 6,800 miles from you, far to go for a haircut!

Good that you looked him up, it should give you an increased level of comfort. Don't forget that YOU are the client. You should not hesitate to ask for what you want, and accept pushback when the explanation seems legit (as us if you are unsure).

Once you get yourself set up, you can start looking for good barbers. Start by asking "do you have experience cutting hair on guys with hair systems". You might find someone. If not, someone who is willing to learn. It's not really hard, you just have to clip the system hair out of the way, and only cut the bio hair.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
One of my closest and dearest friends was born in Metairie, and I had the pleasure to visit and get the locals' tour (before Katrina). I love the food and always have a can of "Community Coffee" in my cupboard.

I would be happy to do a service for you, I am just a bit over 6,800 miles from you, far to go for a haircut!

Good that you looked him up, it should give you an increased level of comfort. Don't forget that YOU are the client. You should not hesitate to ask for what you want, and accept pushback when the explanation seems legit (as us if you are unsure).

Once you get yourself set up, you can start looking for good barbers. Start by asking "do you have experience cutting hair on guys with hair systems". You might find someone. If not, someone who is willing to learn. It's not really hard, you just have to clip the system hair out of the way, and only cut the bio hair.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
Ah man,very cool! I live very close to Metarie, very nice area for sure.
Yea Community coffee is one of my favs!
Yea 6800 miles might be a bit of a hike for me but if I'm ever in the neighborhood I'll definitely visit you :)
I appreciate the advice on being clear about expectations, and I think maybe i need to work on being less vague and more specific.
Yea man for sure I'll look into finding some barbers, definitely worth investigating.
Hopefully I can do my first detatch and reattach and clean maintenance session myself at home in about a week...be a big step to kinda take the training wheels off a bit LOL.
Thanks again brother, your feedback and advice are extremely valuable to me :)

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know there's a guy in Slidell, LA that does youtube videos on cutting hair systems - The Profitable Stylist You might get in touch with him.
Nice man, thanks for recommendation and link. I didnt know about this guy. I checked out his channel, looks like he has lots of good content.
I'll try and contact him, Slidell is not very far, or maybe he can reccomend someone in the city also, he's probably well connected in the industry.
Thanks man, greatly appreciated:)

Thinsystem@1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice man, thanks for recommendation and link. I didnt know about this guy. I checked out his channel, looks like he has lots of good content.
I'll try and contact him, Slidell is not very far, or maybe he can reccomend someone in the city also, he's probably well connected in the industry.
Thanks man, greatly appreciated:)
This is my first time posting... I had planned on sharing this information when the time was right. Today I saw your post and location and it seemed like a great time to share my experience. I can recommend the salon in Slidell. I live in a very small town, about 500 miles from Slidell and I came across the Profitable Stylist on YouTube. He is amazing with hair and owns On Stage Hair Studio in Slidell. I approached Bernard (the Profitable Stylist and the owner) and discussed mailing him a hair system for a cut. He shared that he was thinking about adding this service to his salon, where they would cut the hair and mail it back to the client. I sent him my pics and a pic of the cut I wanted. The entire process was flawless and so successful that I purchased a unit from MHE (for the first time) and Curtis mailed the unit to Bernard in Slidell (at my request) and once again Bernard did an amazing cut. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my first time posting... I had planned on sharing this information when the time was right. Today I saw your post and location and it seemed like a great time to share my experience. I can recommend the salon in Slidell. I live in a very small town, about 500 miles from Slidell and I came across the Profitable Stylist on YouTube. He is amazing with hair and owns On Stage Hair Studio in Slidell. I approached Bernard (the Profitable Stylist and the owner) and discussed mailing him a hair system for a cut. He shared that he was thinking about adding this service to his salon, where they would cut the hair and mail it back to the client. I sent him my pics and a pic of the cut I wanted. The entire process was flawless and so successful that I purchased a unit from MHE (for the first time) and Curtis mailed the unit to Bernard in Slidell (at my request) and once again Bernard did an amazing cut. I hope this helps.
Man that is so cool that he does mail in cut-in services! I watched some of the Profitable Stylist's YouTube channel videos, he seems really skilled and knowledgeable.
I'll definitely look up that salon, it could be a great option for me, and like I said, Slidell is very close to New Orleans.
Do you by chance know what he charges for cut-ins and service fees?
Also, how has Curtis MHE's system worked for you? Which one did you order, Lace or skin? I'm thinking of trying mhe in near future.

Thanks for all of the salon info bro, super helpful man :)

Thinsystem@1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man that is so cool that he does mail in cut-in services! I watched some of the Profitable Stylist's YouTube channel videos, he seems really skilled and knowledgeable.
I'll definitely look up that salon, it could be a great option for me, and like I said, Slidell is very close to New Orleans.
Do you by chance know what he charges for cut-ins and service fees?
Also, how has Curtis MHE's system worked for you? Which one did you order, Lace or skin? I'm thinking of trying mhe in near future.

Thanks for all of the salon info bro, super helpful man :)
I’m not sure what his fees are, but his salon will be more than happy to work with you. Fees could vary per person depending on the services provided.
My experience with MHE was great!
Curtis was easy to talk to and it was his idea to mail the system straight to Bernard for the cut. ( I explained the situation to Curtis and he wanted to speed the process up for me by sending it directly to Bernard for the cut, rather than wasting time mailing it to me and then I would have to mail it to Bernard.)
I purchased the poly and the quality is great.
I highly recommend sending Curtis your template and paying him the extra $25 to cut the base. This takes all the stress out of the process.
BTW: If anyone knows a stylist that would be interested in learning hair system applications and all the ins and outs of the business, Bernard teaches the entire process in person or online.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not sure what his fees are, but his salon will be more than happy to work with you. Fees could vary per person depending on the services provided.
My experience with MHE was great!
Curtis was easy to talk to and it was his idea to mail the system straight to Bernard for the cut. ( I explained the situation to Curtis and he wanted to speed the process up for me by sending it directly to Bernard for the cut, rather than wasting time mailing it to me and then I would have to mail it to Bernard.)
I purchased the poly and the quality is great.
I highly recommend sending Curtis your template and paying him the extra $25 to cut the base. This takes all the stress out of the process.
BTW: If anyone knows a stylist that would be interested in learning hair system applications and all the ins and outs of the business, Bernard teaches the entire process in person or online.
Man that's what's up! So very cool, Bernard sounds like a very skilled and talented stylist, and so terrific that he does the cut-ins mailed in or remotely. What a wonderful service to offer, especially during these crazy "post semi-pandemic" times, glad u found him, I'll definitely look into speaking to him regarding his services. I looked up his salon, it looks quite nice.
Glad to hear MHE has been good for you. I really like Curtis, his channel is Dope! Any time I post a question for him in comments he responds really quickly, such a helpful guy. The general consensus appears to be that he offers high quality systems (in addition to an array of supplies/products).
I'm not sure if he has Lace at present or if it's on back order. I'm going to contact him in next couple of days.
I may actually go the Poly route when Fall hits and a bit less humidity.
Do you find the poly hot or is it tolerable for you?
What density % did you get?

I did a 95% density from Lavivid and I wana go higher on my next unit.
Thanks again for the helpful info bro, greatly appreciated! :)

Last edited:

Thinsystem@1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man that's what's up! So very cool, Bernard sounds like a very skilled and talented stylist, and so terrific that he does the cut-ins mailed in or remotely. What a wonderful service to offer, especially during these crazy "post semi-pandemic" times, glad u found him, I'll definitely look into speaking to him regarding his services. I looked up his salon, it looks quite nice.
Glad to hear MHE has been good for you. I really like Curtis, his channel is Dope! Any time I post a question for him in comments he responds really quickly, such a helpful guy. The general consensus appears to be that he offers high quality systems (in addition to an array of supplies/products).
I'm not sure if he has Lace at present or if it's on back order. I'm going to contact him in next couple of days.
I may actually go the Poly route when Fall hits and a bit less humidity.
Do you find the poly hot or is it tolerable for you?
What density % did you get?
You’re welcome!
I wanted to get the info out about On Stage Hair Studio in Slidell, because it’s so difficult finding someone with experience and expertise. I was treated like a “king,” without stepping on the premises.
Bernard has personally trained his staff in hair systems so I believe anyone there is more than capable of providing an amazing experience.
Bernard mentioned they might start offering system repairs...which is awesome for the clients.
It is a great service, especially with the whole lockdown. If someone has the hair and they can’t be there in person, they can still get a professional cut.
I don’t recall what the density was from MHE, but I can say it was perfect. I didn’t see the unit before the hair was cut, but it was amazing after Bernard cut the hair.
I work out and run and I don’t find the poly too hot. I plan on ordering a lace system from Curtis when they are available. I believe I ordered the poly from him in May, and at that time he didn’t have a lace unit.
I hope I addressed everything, if not feel free to ask.

Last edited:

timn420

Reaction score
Did you have any issues with blending in a piece once you got it back from the cut-in? I think that's the hardest part in the process, the ability to blend it without any lines with your bio hair. I tried a remote in the past, but the blend was pretty bad on the back, when I got it back.

Thinsystem@1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you have any issues with blending in a piece once you got it back from the cut-in? I think that's the hardest part in the process, the ability to blend it without any lines with your bio hair. I tried a remote in the past, but the blend was pretty bad on the back, when I got it back.
I didn’t have any issues with the process because I chose to go with a disconnected undercut. I can cut my bio hair since I’m not blending.