choice, confusion and uncerainty

shineman921

Established Member
Reaction score
ukmale24 said:
Yeah, I was gonna say, that stuff you take is just Saw Palmetto with a couple of extra supplements thrown in.
I got some Men's Health capsules from Asda, it has the standard vitamins, iron, zinc (152% RDA) as well as ginseng and pumpkin seed oil ...http://tinyurl.com/66yogzv it's pretty much the same as the skin, hair and nails formula but has more ingredients.

fair play, i still don't think i'd have the balls to go ahead with finasteride, i'm gonna just wait it out and hope a better topical anti-androgen comes by in the next few years. if i was not planning to have any kids, i'd go ahead with it, but i'm too young to make that decision, lol.

Nissim shampoo sounds good, but expensive. I'm also using the Keto shampoo (Nizoral) once every 2 or 3 days; if it needs washing in between there, I use a Naked Shine shampoo from Boots - 97% natural with no harsh chemicals. I did use Regenepure for a while but I'm not paying to keep getting that imported.

I put some Keto cream on last night too, may do that about twice a week. And I've started putting on Miconazole cream everyday after putting my Regaine on in the morning.

The best of luck!

I think the keto and the micon cream will do the same thing. They are from the same family. My only advice is to fight the urge to put it on daily as t may dry the scalp. I noticed the difference in length overnight on a number of small hairs on my hairline. I'm seeing new hair coming through too over the week I've used it. Great results and I have the urge to use it daily which I am fighting!

The Men's Health caps from Asda look pretty good. Does it have Magnesium? It refers to manganese but not sure this is the same.

One thing I've started to do is to open up a saw palmetto capsule and mix the powder with my normal hair gel. It inevitably dries on the scalp (dht blocker???) but more importantly it gives the hair a thicker appearance. Nice!

I need to find a new shampoo when the Nisim runs out as I can't really sustain the cost. May try your recommendation.

Re finasteride, day 5 and so far so good. No sides at all.

From what I have read, Saw Palmetto is less potent finasteride anyway and a lot of people experience exactly the same sides. You may want to bear that in mind. Taking the Saw Palmetto may have help me with the finasteride and getting my body adjusted to it.

stoja

Established Member
Reaction score
shineman921 said:
ukmale24 said:
Yeah, I was gonna say, that stuff you take is just Saw Palmetto with a couple of extra supplements thrown in.
I got some Men's Health capsules from Asda, it has the standard vitamins, iron, zinc (152% RDA) as well as ginseng and pumpkin seed oil ...http://tinyurl.com/66yogzv it's pretty much the same as the skin, hair and nails formula but has more ingredients.

fair play, i still don't think i'd have the balls to go ahead with finasteride, i'm gonna just wait it out and hope a better topical anti-androgen comes by in the next few years. if i was not planning to have any kids, i'd go ahead with it, but i'm too young to make that decision, lol.

Nissim shampoo sounds good, but expensive. I'm also using the Keto shampoo (Nizoral) once every 2 or 3 days; if it needs washing in between there, I use a Naked Shine shampoo from Boots - 97% natural with no harsh chemicals. I did use Regenepure for a while but I'm not paying to keep getting that imported.

I put some Keto cream on last night too, may do that about twice a week. And I've started putting on Miconazole cream everyday after putting my Regaine on in the morning.

The best of luck!

I think the keto and the micon cream will do the same thing. They are from the same family. My only advice is to fight the urge to put it on daily as t may dry the scalp. I noticed the difference in length overnight on a number of small hairs on my hairline. I'm seeing new hair coming through too over the week I've used it. Great results and I have the urge to use it daily which I am fighting!

The Men's Health caps from Asda look pretty good. Does it have Magnesium? It refers to manganese but not sure this is the same.

One thing I've started to do is to open up a saw palmetto capsule and mix the powder with my normal hair gel. It inevitably dries on the scalp (dht blocker???) but more importantly it gives the hair a thicker appearance. Nice!

I need to find a new shampoo when the Nisim runs out as I can't really sustain the cost. May try your recommendation.

From what I have read, Saw Palmetto is less potent finasteride anyway and a lot of people experience exactly the same sides. You may want to bear that in mind. Taking the Saw Palmetto may have help me with the finasteride and getting my body adjusted to it.

is your saw palmetto in powder form?

shineman921

Established Member
Reaction score
stoja said:
shineman921 said:
ukmale24 said:

The best of luck!

is your saw palmetto in powder form?

Yes it is. I bought some Holland & Barrett Saw Palmetto a while ago to replace the P*R*O*C*E*R*I*N and they are the capsule type that just pull in half and the powder drops out.

Johnx

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you guys use Miconazole cream only on the temples or on the crown too?
And does the mico cream only speed up the growth or thickens the individual hairs as well?

shineman921

Established Member
Reaction score
HairlossFighter said:
Do you guys use Miconazole cream only on the temples or on the crown too?
And does the mico cream only speed up the growth or thickens the individual hairs as well?

I don't think I have any loss on my crown, just thinning on the temples but I put on both areas anyway. It speeds up the growth of existing hairs and I have certainly got new hairs growing (temple hairline) too. I never noticed things happening this well with just minoxidil. Using the big 3 and Micon too hopefully I'll see postive results.

Did you manage to get hold of some micon cream HairlossFighter? I just buy the Daktarin cream but not sure you can get it outside UK. I'm confident you will be pleased with the results.

Johnx

Established Member
Reaction score
shineman921 said:
I don't think I have any loss on my crown, just thinning on the temples but I put on both areas anyway. It speeds up the growth of existing hairs and I have certainly got new hairs growing (temple hairline) too. I never noticed things happening this well with just minoxidil. Using the big 3 and Micon too hopefully I'll see postive results.
This sounds exciting! I will be putting that stuff on crown and temples everyday to maximize the regrowth. Thanks for recommending it!

shineman921 said:
Did you manage to get hold of some micon cream HairlossFighter? I just buy the Daktarin cream but not sure you can get it outside UK. I'm confident you will be pleased with the results.
I've ordered two 30g tubes of Daktarin last week, the tracking number shows it's already in my country, I think it will come to my door tomorrow or on Wednesday.

Yes we have Daktarin here, but I've looked on the web and it strangely appears as prescription medicine, so I'm not going to a Doctor and ask to prescribe me some pu**y cream for my head... so I've just ordered it online, and I think I'll get it way cheaper even with postage included, than buying it here.. :)

shineman921

Established Member
Reaction score
HairlossFighter said:
shineman921 said:
This sounds exciting! I will be putting that stuff on crown and temples everyday to maximize the regrowth. Thanks for recommending it!

shineman921 said:
I've ordered two 30g tubes of Daktarin last week, the tracking number shows it's already in my country, I think it will come to my door tomorrow or on Wednesday.

Yes we have Daktarin here, but I've looked on the web and it strangely appears as prescription medicine, so I'm not going to a Doctor and ask to prescribe me some pu**y cream for my head... so I've just ordered it online, and I think I'll get it way cheaper even with postage included, than buying it here.. :)

Daktarin is Athletes Foot cream here so less embarrassing!! Let me know how it goes. It's 2% Mincon btw. Trust me, you'll be ordering more!