CHL24's Story - (Age 24, pics included) *Updated*

CHL24

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have browsed this forum for a good few months now but never really registered, until now.

I started losing my hair around 17 I think when I developed a pretty pronounced Norwood 3 hairline.

I'm now 24 and I'm not sure its changed much since then at all, obviously though I cant prove this as I didnt really start taking photos of my hair until a year ago. I started up on Propecia and Nizoral last July really just to maintain what I've got cause I dont think I will be getting much hair back in the temples but apart from that my hair loss doesnt seem very agressive, I mean in them 7 years it hasnt changed a GREAT deal from what I can tell....

Really this is just an introducing post so Hello :) I'm gonna try to put some pics in now too, also from looking at the Norwood scale I would say I am Norwood 3, is this correct from what you guys can see of my hair loss too ? I've always seemed to have a pretty high forehead anyway as my mom has too !! :-x

As I said I dont seem to have any hairloss at the crown maybe ill add pics later to show this area.

Anyway, hello :) :)

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

untitled.jpg

I thought I would update with a picture of how my 'normal' hair looks when combed forward, doesnt look as bad but still not too good!

CHL24

Reaction score
PS. As I know hair looks its 'worst' when wet I took these pictures when my hair was wet and with a good overhead light on! :hairy:

antonio666

Reaction score
your 24 and became a norwood 3 at 17,that is good that you have maintained for so long without treatment,the rest of your hair l;ooks very healthy,things will probably get better now your on treatments.
what are you after maintaince or creeping the hairline forward a bit

CHL24

Reaction score
Hi! Umm I'm not sure really, I have no false illusions I have pretty pronounced temple recession but as I said it hasnt really changed much since it established itself when I was 17 so maintence would be fine I guess.... until maybe they develop a cure *doesnt hold breath* :p

CHL24

Reaction score
I actually comb my hair forward too as Ive always done and my bangs cover most of my forehead, thats probably why I was so late in actually started on propecia.

I only started actually cause one guy who had much better hair than me at 17 has now started losing his like 1 year ago and looks far worse than me now so it kind of scared me into getting on propecia :hairy:

CHL24

Reaction score
ummm I'm deffinately not a Norwood 2 anyway ! :?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
CHL24 said:
ummm I'm deffinately not a Norwood 2 anyway ! :?

your hair is still in very good shape. You temples receeded slightly, I am not sure its male pattern baldness or just your mature hairline.

CHL24

Reaction score
How long does it take to see the effects of any regrowth or thickening with propecia would you guys say on average ?

I'm coming up to the end of my 10th month on it now and although I can see I have noticed a significant decrease in hair loss and maintence of when I first started it, I dont think i've experienced any regrowth yet...

Should I expect it at 10 months in or would it seem unlikely that I will experience any regrowth now this far into treatment ?

giles890

Reaction score
you need to wait over 12 months, i feel im a lucky buga as im 7 weeks 2mo and got hairs sproutin all across my hairline. Fingers crossed they will get real gud, ill show u before and afta shots in bout a month or 2

bababa

Established Member
Reaction score
CHL, I've been on finasteride too for just over 10months...
My hair looks similar to yours in terms on thickness, but my hairline is a little more intact. I have gone through mini sheds on and off, but I haven't really experiences one in a few months, so maybe thats if for now. I gotta say I haven't seen any regrowth, but definite maintenance and my hair feels generally healthier than prior to being on the finasteride. I'm also on some over stuff, but I'm probably gonna hit the foam in the next 6 months becuase I still have loads of velus hairs along where my hairline used to be... try and stimulate them to grow (f*** you miniturisation). I reakon it could be a good idea if you gave it a go (the foam), you'd probably get good results considering your still in the very early stages on MBP.

Peace

CHL24

Reaction score
I dont know I dont like the fact that you must apply it 2x a day every day, forever, period, and I've heard the hair grown from it is not the same as normal hair quality ? :eek:

bababa

Established Member
Reaction score
well, as it stands, I believe that you only have to apply the twice daily thing for about 2 years as minoxidil loses its growth factor after that time and then goes into a maintainence phase there after. I don't think you have to be hugely strict to the 2x daily 7 days a week... you could probably keep it to 1 a day on the weekends and then twice during the week or something... give your hair a rest.
As for the not gettin quality hair out of it, alot of the guys on this forum would tell you otherwise....

I guess its a matter of choice. If you feel comfy where your at, don't bother unless you really need to, but if you really care about your hair, then give it a bash. Thats my plan, I really like my hair and want to hold it as well as I can for the rest of my 20's (I'm 23 at the moment). For me having a routine like this is more enjoyable that not.

Peace...

CHL24

Reaction score
Yer I can see where you're coming from but as you can see in the photos I have quite a pronounced Norwood 3 shape (even if people dont think i am yet ? :oops:) would foam really be that effective on me, I thought most those who used it were like Norwood 1.5 or Norwood 2 with alittle temple thinning :oops:

CHL24

Reaction score
Ive brought 4 months supply of rogaine 5% foam, gonna give it a whirl around the temples and see what happens, will keep you updated :freaked:

bababa

Established Member
Reaction score
Well done bro, I'll watch closely... Keep the chin up thats all I can say.

Peace...

CHL24

Reaction score
well I recieved a message from this site in my email which kind of reminded me to update 'my story', I've been on rogaine foam since my last post, havent seen any significant regrowth so far tho, will keep at it and keep you informed :!:

also added a picture on my initial post of what my hair looks like 'normally' - it was just after coming back from a run tho so viewer beware :hairy:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I think your hair is fine. Your temples receeded a little but the overall density is still great.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
beernuts_123 said:
Hey dude,

your hair looks good, I definitely wouldn't say you're a 3...

he is at max a NW2...only taug will say something ridiculous.