Chemical peels: the ultimate reset switch ?

Manoko

Reaction score
Hey everyone :salut:

I'm new to these forum, so if this subject has already been talked about, I'm sorry and I would understand if this thread is deleted.

I think chemical peels are becoming, with dermarolling for example, a thing to talk about and document results/testimonies concerning hair loss. It is the case in other alopecia forum, and this matter not talked about here is what drove me to start this discussion.

I don't have the knowledge of PrincessRambo, benjt, Squeegee and others, but a good starting point to understand the hype about this is through this thread, on another forum (I hope it's ok to post link to other forums): http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t9447-scalp-peeling-with-20-glycolic-acid-great-results

To be precise, it seems to serve the same purpose as dermarolling, which is mainly breaking the fibrosis to let the hair follicle "breath" again, and further helping them by the release of growth factors induced by the fact that a scalp peel is an internal wounding. By the way, chemical peels are treatments of acne for example, and some brilliant people on this forum found many links between what's happening during hair loss and acne. I don't remember specifically, but I seem to recall that it is about the fibrosis, leading to infection and inflammation, in both acne and alopecia.

To me, it seems that chemical peels are dermarolling times ten, and that's why I named this thread this way.

So, are you guys interested in trying this ?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Hey everyone :salut:

I'm new to these forum, so if this subject has already been talked about, I'm sorry and I would understand if this thread is deleted.

I think chemical peels are becoming, with dermarolling for example, a thing to talk about and document results/testimonies concerning hair loss. It is the case in other alopecia forum, and this matter not talked about here is what drove me to start this discussion.

I don't have the knowledge of PrincessRambo, benjt, Squeegee and others, but a good starting point to understand the hype about this is through this thread, on another forum (I hope it's ok to post link to other forums): http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t9447-scalp-peeling-with-20-glycolic-acid-great-results

To be precise, it seems to serve the same purpose as dermarolling, which is mainly breaking the fibrosis to let the hair follicle "breath" again, and further helping them by the release of growth factors induced by the fact that a scalp peel is an internal wounding. By the way, chemical peels are treatments of acne for example, and some brilliant people on this forum found many links between what's happening during hair loss and acne. I don't remember specifically, but I seem to recall that it is about the fibrosis, leading to infection and inflammation, in both acne and alopecia.

To me, it seems that chemical peels are dermarolling times ten, and that's why I named this thread this way.

So, are you guys interested in trying this ?

The problems with the chemicals peel is that you have no control over it. Look at the chemicals peels horror on youtube..Also, there is no blood involved. You want the migration of platelets and growth factors to get the progenitor cells going for better results. Maybe a small % Glicolyc Acid with peeling would be good.. You know that you cover everything.. but having said that if you do the right job with the derma roller.. the peels are useless. I shed a lot of skin heavy derma rolling...

- - - Updated - - -

[video=youtube;uLCJ5VHTfiY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLCJ5VHTfiY[/video]

Jacob

Reaction score
Why is that being discussed at ImmortalHair when they already have the solution? :woot:

I think actual "chemcial peels" should be done by someone who knows what they're doing. Use something milder- just takes longer..if doing it yourself, IMO.

Manoko

Reaction score
The problems with the chemicals peel is that you have no control over it. Look at the chemicals peels horror on youtube..Also, there is no blood involved. You want the migration of platelets and growth factors to get the progenitor cells going for better results. Maybe a small % Glicolyc Acid with peeling would be good.. You know that you cover everything.. but having said that if you do the right job with the derma roller.. the peels are useless. I shed a lot of skin heavy derma rolling...

- - - Updated - - -

[video=youtube;uLCJ5VHTfiY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLCJ5VHTfiY[/video]

I believe you have control over it. It's just a matter of concentration and duration of application, there's a lot of resources about how to use acids to do chemical peels, to avoid injury and scarring I mean.
Though, about migration of platelets and growth factors, do you really think you need to bleed to supply the follicles all the good thing to grow healthy ?

I mean, peelings seem to be the perfect thing for us, trying to break fibrosis around the follicles. We won't only be helping the area directly under the needle like with a dermaroller, but every inch of our scalp instead.

RisingFist

Reaction score
Why is that being discussed at ImmortalHair when they already have the solution? :woot:

I think actual "chemcial peels" should be done by someone who knows what they're doing. Use something milder- just takes longer..if doing it yourself, IMO.
Dude, stop hating on CS. He constantly updates his findings and learns more about the issue with time. Just recently there was a revelation in regards to heat in scalps with long discussions and published studies for supportive evidence along with anecdotal evidence. There is different causes of hair loss for people, no one is saying do this and you're fixed. Putting words in people's mouth is very immature.

..as for the thread with the peel that keeps being posted, there was only 1 pic with no before photo and no updates from what I saw so why is everyone making a big deal out of it?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I believe you have control over it. It's just a matter of concentration and duration of application, there's a lot of resources about how to use acids to do chemical peels, to avoid injury and scarring I mean.
Though, about migration of platelets and growth factors, do you really think you need to bleed to supply the follicles all the good thing to grow healthy ?

I mean, peelings seem to be the perfect thing for us, trying to break fibrosis around the follicles. We won't only be helping the area directly under the needle like with a dermaroller, but every inch of our scalp instead.

Keep in mind that everybody here are at different stages in hairloss.. Micro needling help to rebuilt the whole scalp, capillaries included..The derma roller is the only thing that help with elastin as well. The peels are just a stripper for the epidermis.. Using both would be a good combo I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, stop hating on CS. He constantly updates his findings and learns more about the issue with time. Just recently there was a revelation in regards to heat in scalps with long discussions and published studies for supportive evidence along with anecdotal evidence. There is different causes of hair loss for people, no one is saying do this and you're fixed. Putting words in people's mouth is very immature.

..as for the thread with the peel that keeps being posted, there was only 1 pic with no before photo and no updates from what I saw so why is everyone making a big deal out of it?

Why are we making a big deal about it? Because that can be a good add-on to fight fibrosis. Stop being an idiot. CS groupie! hhaahha

Jacob

Reaction score

First, a quick and easy question for you: Did you Google what I think it was you I asked to Google- that IH/CS said?

As for him constantly updating and learns more- don't we all? But the thing is- we're not selling anything and we're also not the ones years ago making idiot claims and also saying things could never be better, etc. Then there's the plagiarizing. Then there's me finding a site with similar pictures like his and the same decalcify talk etc- and next thing you know IH/CS no longer has a link to his pictures on his site. Those pictures never showed much- just like the vids(bright lights, anyone?)..and that site and his taking the pics down may be a nice coinkadink..but :shock:

Then there's Nid over there, who can't even respond to emails for months and months regarding helmets and whatnot- CS/IH can't just find out or give an answer..but there he(Nid) is! when someone asks about a supplement one can order or something. Oh wait..not if it's about an email that hasn't been answered or an order delayed forever. None of this matters to any of this discussion..but since the site was linked to- what an operation they have there!

RisingFist

Reaction score
First, a quick and easy question for you: Did you Google what I think it was you I asked to Google- that IH/CS said?

As for him constantly updating and learns more- don't we all? But the thing is- we're not selling anything and we're also not the ones years ago making idiot claims and also saying things could never be better, etc. Then there's the plagiarizing. Then there's me finding a site with similar pictures like his and the same decalcify talk etc- and next thing you know IH/CS no longer has a link to his pictures on his site. Those pictures never showed much- just like the vids(bright lights, anyone?)..and that site and his taking the pics down may be a nice coinkadink..but :shock:

Then there's Nid over there, who can't even respond to emails for months and months regarding helmets and whatnot- CS/IH can't just find out or give an answer..but there he(Nid) is! when someone asks about a supplement one can order or something. Oh wait..not if it's about an email that hasn't been answered or an order delayed forever. None of this matters to any of this discussion..but since the site was linked to- what an operation they have there!
No, sorry. I didn't get around to it. There are alternatives to his supplements so you don't have to buy them. He also tries to provide other options for people who ask quite often and get nothing in return. What is the other site, is it still up? Maybe he just had 2 sites? I can't comment on the plagiarism as I haven't searched anything but he posts daily in regards to virtually any problem. Now if you are constantly reading that then tell me from a purely objective perspective, do you agree with most of his knowledge and advice? If so, then I wouldn't be so quick to call him a fraud.

As for Nid's business ethics, I agree that things should be handled better and more efficiently on that department, but that's an entirely different problem. It's ok to criticize where warranted, but generally bashing an entire community just cause of a few bad incidents is counter-productive. There is still a lot to learn and it's what I'm focusing on.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
I think there is no harm done in doing that acid squeegee is talking about. It should destroy some fribotic tissue and will be save from it reaching the follicle organ, even if it's on sleep mode. I don't think it's even that expensive, and blood should not be the effect we are trying to achieve from these peels. In fact, blood might be a bad thing with peels, it will get in your bloodstream, hm, that can't be good.

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I will use peel, but I find the idea interesting. What are you guys thinking? about those easy peels on low contrations that you can do every day or every other day, or the strong ones, the kind you can only do like once every two weeks?...

Manoko

Reaction score
I don't know if I will use peel, but I find the idea interesting. What are you guys thinking? about those easy peels on low contrations that you can do every day or every other day, or the strong ones, the kind you can only do like once every two weeks?...

Well, I think I'm going for a mild one, that is 50% Glycolic acid.
Doing it every two weeks, with Apple Cider Vinegar in my shampoo each day (ACV is a great anti inflammatory, so it will very likely prevent the fibrosis from coming back early).

I still want to talk about this with you guys, just to be sure about it though. And I will add minoxidil daily, because neither the acid nor the ACV are expensive, might as well boost their effect.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I think there is no harm done in doing that acid squeegee is talking about. It should destroy some fribotic tissue and will be save from it reaching the follicle organ, even if it's on sleep mode. I don't think it's even that expensive, and blood should not be the effect we are trying to achieve from these peels. In fact, blood might be a bad thing with peels, it will get in your bloodstream, hm, that can't be good.

[video=youtube;hphIeOF3I1I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hphIeOF3I1I[/video]

Glycolic acid is uses for preservative and flavoring agent in your food.. who gives a **** about having some into your bloodstream...

Jacob

Reaction score
No, sorry. I didn't get around to it. There are alternatives to his supplements so you don't have to buy them. He also tries to provide other options for people who ask quite often and get nothing in return. What is the other site, is it still up? Maybe he just had 2 sites? I can't comment on the plagiarism as I haven't searched anything but he posts daily in regards to virtually any problem. Now if you are constantly reading that then tell me from a purely objective perspective, do you agree with most of his knowledge and advice? If so, then I wouldn't be so quick to call him a fraud.

As for Nid's business ethics, I agree that things should be handled better and more efficiently on that department, but that's an entirely different problem. It's ok to criticize where warranted, but generally bashing an entire community just cause of a few bad incidents is counter-productive. There is still a lot to learn and it's what I'm focusing on.

Explain to me how agreeing with someone can prevent that person from being a fraud? You could actually turn the question around on him- as he's brought up a lot of things I, and others, have brought up. But no, I don't agree with everything he's said, even if it is someone else he's getting his words from. I realize you may be pretty new, but there's a history behind IH/CS and the rest of that group. They were kicked out of at least 2 forums. Wanted to take over another- it was talked about with the owner of that site..they wanted I think it was at least 51% control of it. No way that was going to happen so they started up their own forum/sites. Took a bunch of the posters from there and made them moderators.

At Regrowth is where I first discovered CS/IH's plagiarizing. He was giving answers to ppl's questions/posts with exact word for word copy/pastes from other sites. Many others were taking from other sites- he would just word things a bit differently. Then all hell broke loose, the forum was hacked..and very conveniently those plagiarizing posts were gone. I also noticed this plagiarizing in his online "book". Even with all that, even to this day, he continues to plagiarize. Here's the example I asked you to search previously(and no, I do not read all his posts..and I hadn't even bothered checking for plagiarizing for a very long time..I'm sure a book could be filled with examples):
http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t9468-evidence-for-effectiveness-of-msm

DMSO itself is a powerful solvent. It is a versatile compound, and can be found in paint thinners and antifreeze. There is some concern that “industrial grade” DMSO, used by factories, is being purchased by individuals seeking the health benefits of DMSO. Industrial grade DMSO is about 99% pure, but is not approved for “medical” purposes. It is the only “legal” way that DMSO can be obtained by individual consumers.

Now just do a Google for that first sentence above..you'll see the whole paragraph word for word, here: http://www.planetmsm.com/html/dmso_vs_msm.html

Actually more of his post could be from that page..I didn't even bother checking. It's just so common for him to do this that you just have to laugh and roll your eyes.

The other site- I'll post it if I come across it again.

And yeah..things could be handled better :shock:. Waiting 6-9 months for a helmet..sometimes even for a response...responding to posts where you can sell more product but not to posts where someone has been waiting for months just to get a response, is not just an entirely different problem- it's exactly what'd you expect from that gang. It's not the "entire community" I'm bashing. Although anyone who knows about their past and sees how they operate and yet still has no problem with them and being there- better not tell ppl like me to "stop hating on CS" or any other such malarkey.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm assuming these "peels" you guys are talking about using aren't exactly the type you let sit and then peel off. I can't see doing that with a bunch of hair on your head..unless maybe your head is shaved.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting read about DMSO...

Skin

DMSO (applied topically) alleviates the lesions that occur as a result of Herpes Zoster (Shingles).

DMSO (applied topically) helps to dissolve the (skin) tissues involved in Scarring [scientific research - humans: a concentration of 50-80% DMSO applied topically 3 times per day flattens raised external scars after several months - microscopic examination of the skin will reveal loosening of Collagen bundles].

DMSO (applied topically) potently alleviates Scleroderma (where Scleroderma affects the Skin).

DMSO Enhances the Function of these Substances

DMSO enhances the bioavailability of many substances (it has the capability to transport many therapeutic substances across the body's Cell Membranes without altering the integrity of Cell Membranes). By increasing their bioavailability, DMSO permits a lower dosage of some drugs than would otherwise be required.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=17014.0

RisingFist

Reaction score
Alright I see he copied and pasted that article regarding msm. I'm guessing he has answers ready to paste for the same questions that keep coming up. Credit should be given, but I hope the answers are at least informative. I'm more interested in learning then politics. I am by no means saying what he did was right. I hope it's just a form of laziness and he doesn't think it's that big of a deal but I don't know the history enough to make that guess. There are still other honest posters that provide good info so bashing the whole site is counter productive as you may miss out learning something new. I can understand your frustration though.

Jacob

Reaction score
A form of laziness and doesn't think it's a big deal? It's PLAGIARISM. To constantly do it for over 8 years is arrogance and stupidity. I do know the history. Instead of telling me it's counter productive to point out all I said above, which are facts...why don't you stop making excuses for him and go over there and tell him/them it's counter productive to do what they did in the past as well as now- including the continuing to plagiarize and the other things I've pointed out. That sure would make a lot more sense :doh:

As for other posters providing good info- so do other forums. You can get more/better health info from health-related forums and places such as LEF. That reminds me..you can still see old posts of IH/CS bashing Mercola and me for posting Mercola's articles etc. Now he loves him.

RisingFist

Reaction score
what's lef? I don't mind going to other forums but the only health forums I know is IH and curezone. Even when you google health related info, IH comes up a lot...I read Mercola's articles from time to time. Other then the exaggerated headlines in his newsletter, he's mostly on top of things.

Jacob

Reaction score
So instead of going over there and being consistent with your lecturing...you just post the link to the article IH/CS plagiarized from for what- to give him an out? "Oh, I forgot to give the source for my whole post there, thanks RisingFist!". I'm sure you have some other explanation :rolleyes:

It's LEF.org. I just Google'd a ton of health related info. IH/CS didn't come up even once. Unless you put "hair" in the search as well..and then it's here and there. But don't forget- any search results you do get- there's a good chance it's been plagiarized. Want some other health forums? Numerous ones at Yahoo groups..Delphi...Google groups..and here's just a few others:

http://www.natmedtalk.com/

http://welltellme.com/discuss/

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/alternative-medicine/

Then there are the bodybuilding and fitness forums...on and on. It is just hilarious seeing ppl ask at IH for health advice when all these other options are out there. Especially given the fact that he has a habit of just stealing answers/responses from others. I'd be willing to bet he does it for his idiotic $99 consultation as well.

RisingFist

Reaction score
Give him an out? haha not at all. I just wanted people to notice without getting banned. There are still other posters I value so it wouldn't benefit me if I get banned. I've read a lot from BB but they keep changing their minds on what's good, etc. At least it's where I found out about intermittent fasting plus a few other things so there's always some small gems. Anyways thanks for the links. I will check them out.

Jacob

Reaction score
Well they're not noticing. And he's disappeared and hoping nobody does notice.

Everybody is always changing their minds on what's good. Over there too. Besides the Supreme Leader not liking Mercola then loving him...there is quite a difference of opinions on various things- iodine comes to mind. Thankfully not everybody just drinks the Kool-Aid right away.

Just came across this discussion forum: http://www.steadyhealth.com/discussions/