Check Out My Blood Work What's Your Thoughts?

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop Saw Palmetto and use Finasteride, and get a hair transplant. Women love that.

d0minat0ra

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your endo is wrong. It's classic male patten baldness. DHT doesn't have to be high depending on your genetics. You don't get that kind of recession from any other type of hair loss.
Yes dht was that low i think cuz high dose SP 2000 mg daily, is it possible or not?
current situation after almost 2, and stop SP at end of 2018. No rigimen at all till may 2020 now im on 500mg SP daily again, can this be considered to aggressive balding Should i start finasteride to fix that crappy hairline that im pissed of it ,it is uneven indeed right side is more recede than left wtf..:(

Attachments

• hr.jpg
    hr.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Anatoly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact that T & DHT can be measured doesn't make this test useful. Don't rely on these data to determine how aggressive your pattern hair loss is or how effective your treatment is. There are other factors at work - e.g. your AR sensitivity. Some may take high dose finasteride daily only to slow down the disease. Some may take low dose and see regrowth. You should be concerned if your T is close to the lower limit of the normal range. The relationship between the extent to which you can lower your DHT by e.g. finasteride and hair results isn't linear.
SP is of mediocre effectiveness, you're losing time. You may want to experiment with finasteride or dutasteride at the highest dose tolerable. These is some data that dutasteride can be better tolerated despite being more potent.
Note: 1) if you plan to have children you should discontinue dutasteride for at least 6-12 months; 2) side effects are usually more more articulated at the initiation of treatment, they should subside over time; 3) you'll likely need minoxidil to raise the chances of regrowth: the highest FDA-approved dose is a 5% topical solution, which is safe unless you have an underlying cardiovascular condition (history of arrhythmias, abnormal echocardiography results, heart failure etc) and/or take other drugs with e.g. vasolidating effect like sildenafil (or too much alcohol) or those that increase heart rate. One usually doesn't need a diuretic and/or beta-blocker while on so low dose minoxidil.

d0minat0ra

My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact that T & DHT can be measured doesn't make this test useful. Don't rely on these data to determine how aggressive your pattern hair loss is or how effective your treatment is. There are other factors at work - e.g. your AR sensitivity. Some may take high dose finasteride daily only to slow down the disease. Some may take low dose and see regrowth. You should be concerned if your T is close to the lower limit of the normal range. The relationship between the extent to which you can lower your DHT by e.g. finasteride and hair results isn't linear.
SP is of mediocre effectiveness, you're losing time. You may want to experiment with finasteride or dutasteride at the highest dose tolerable. These is some data that dutasteride can be better tolerated despite being more potent.
Note: 1) if you plan to have children you should discontinue dutasteride for at least 6-12 months; 2) side effects are usually more more articulated at the initiation of treatment, they should subside over time; 3) you'll likely need minoxidil to raise the chances of regrowth: the highest FDA-approved dose is a 5% topical solution, which is safe unless you have an underlying cardiovascular condition (history of arrhythmias, abnormal echocardiography results, heart failure etc) and/or take other drugs with e.g. vasolidating effect like sildenafil (or too much alcohol) or those that increase heart rate. One usually doesn't need a diuretic and/or beta-blocker while on so low dose minoxidil.
Note: 1) is also for Finasteride or only for duta ?

Anatoly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well, the current data suggest that the effects of both finasteride and dutasteride are reversible after discontinuation - unlike crazy things such as AR blockers; for finasteride data diverge, judging by it's half-life a month off should be more than enough, anyway while on these drugs you cant't make children 'spontaneously' - in theory this can happen but the risks of a male baby underdevelopment are inconclusive

Pleasenotsoearly

My Regimen
Reaction score
Привет, друг!

Я не прочел каждое сообщение, но хочу кое-что добавить от себя.

Дерматологи не просто так отказываются выписывать тебе Finasteride, этот препарат может вызвать серьезные побочные эффекты и на этом форуме многие люди это отрицают и защищают этот препарат.

Лично я принимал его около 6 месяцев и мало того, что было много побочных эффектов сексуального характера, так у меня еще началась сильная депрессия и серьезные проблемы с мышлением/концентрацией, вплоть до того, что у меня начались проблемы с выполнением моей работы.
Прошло полтора года с тех пор, как я принял последнюю дозу и я только недавно начал приходить в норму в плане мужского здоровья.

Да, есть люди, которые менее остро реагируют.

Просто хочу предупредить о возможной опасности.

Подумай, стоит ли игра свеч.

Береги себя!

d0minat0ra

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so im on 5th day on Finasteride but i think whole thing to taking it is absolutely pointless in my case i already have under below normal range dht for male check out this ranges as you can see from my pics i have 107pg/ml and i am finasteride wow....:eek:. should i just quit it???
TSH is 1.294 which also is in normal range for male i think according this scale below.
Total testosterone: 13,13 nmol/l also according this scale below. im in normal range.

Attachments

• DHT.PNG
    DHT.PNG
    139.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Range-of-standard-DHT.png
    Range-of-standard-DHT.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 83
  • normal-tsh-range.png
    normal-tsh-range.png
    247.7 KB · Views: 78
  • total testosterone.jpg
    total testosterone.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Anatoly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think whole thing to taking it is absolutely pointless in my case i already have under below normal range dht for male

These tests are pointless in your situation - even harmful, as they produce conclusions like these. Are u unable to have erections, any pronounced mood changes?

d0minat0ra

My Regimen
Reaction score
i think whole thing to taking it is absolutely pointless in my case i already have under below normal range dht for male

These tests are pointless in your situation - even harmful, as they produce conclusions like these. Are u unable to have erections, any pronounced mood changes?

1st day couple hours after I take 1mg pill l got brain fog only then nothing.. No sides for now i think i can handle even whole 5mg pill.. :D but do i really need that for the rest of my life if i want to save that already bad hair.. ? :(

Last edited:

Anatoly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
note:
1) the chances of sides that lead to discontinuation is low, check statistics; given your age you should tolerate it
2) sides at the start of the treatment tend to subside over time
3) your brain fog on 1st day wasn't caused by finasteride, most likely it was psychosomatic - consider addressing your stress associated with the fact that you take some drug
4) don't do unnecessary blood tests that are not for your situation - this only makes you stressed; if you like doing blood tests - there is a wide variety of more useful things to check, correcting of which can improve your hair as well
5) at the moment there is no gene therapy to cure Androgenetic Alopecia, the existing drugs work as long as you take them and cannot guarantee long-term stabilisation, the minimum task is slowing down the disease
6) being stressed about the fact that you need to take some drugs for the rest of your life is unjustified - you'll need many more drugs daily as you age (e.g. to address atherosclerosis) and improve your life expectancy, you brush your teeth daily, eat daily, what's wrong with taking a pill daily?...

Last edited:

d0minat0ra

My Regimen
Reaction score
note:
1) the chances of sides that lead to discontinuation is low, check statistics; given your age you should tolerate it
2) sides at the start of the treatment tend to subside over time
3) your brain fog on 1st day wasn't caused by finasteride, most likely it was psychosomatic - consider addressing your stress associated with the fact that you take some drug
4) don't do unnecessary blood tests that are not for your situation - this only makes you stressed; if you like doing blood tests - there is a wide variety of more useful things to check, correcting of which can improve your hair as well
Yes you are right that #3 1st after i take pill i was absolutely horrified almost like i start chemo.. That was my feeling.at the beginning:( now i don't even care about it just take it at morning and day is starting...​

Anatoly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
now i don't even care about it just take it at morning and day is starting...​

that's a right approach,
another useful thing is not checking your hair every day (in an attempt to see regrowth), it will take months before you may see regrowth;
if you can tolerate 5mg fina - do it (for better chances of regrowth); you may start dutasteride later in your life when childbirth plans are over

d0minat0ra

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im just curious if i take duta which blocks about 90% of dht i have now 107 i will get about 17 pg/ml haha is that will be good for my hair? :D:D

Anatoly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my understanding of the data I read is that:
1) dutasteride at .5 mg is better tolerated than finasteride at 5 mg (despite being more potent)
2) dutasteride is associated with better chances of regrowth, but most of these trials aren't methodologically ideal )(sample sizes, a lot of other intervening factors...)
3) Avodart capsule is easier to swallow)
4) opt for brand name drugs, as generics can be unreliable, a lot depends of a particular manufacturer, the difference its not just about the name and price
5) dutasteride blocks about 90% of DHT, finasteride blocks about 70% of DHT, but dutasteride raises your T better (which is good) and you don't need to worry about a missed dose; but decreases in DHT do not proportionally translate into more hair, it's hardly possible to predict, the only thing you can know is that you'll have better chances of regrowth and more effective slowing down the disease

Anatoly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are they unreliable? Do you have a source for this?

This is about any drugs in general.
There are usually designated agencies that are responsible for occasional checking the quality of drugs. They publish reports. And this issue is alarming, esp. in developing countries. To put it simply, you can drive a Mercedes, you can drive a Peugeot , both are cars and both will deliver you to your destination.
With respect to drugs frequent issues are e.g. 1) the amount of active agent may be lower or higher than stated (do you really trust what is written on some box of tablets?)); 2) auxiliary substances (help the active agent effectively get into your body) can be of poorer quality or lacking and often differ from the substances used in brand name drugs, which can make a difference with respect to side effects and effectiveness; 3) toxic and other dangerous substances that should not be there can be found in generics esp Indian/Chinese/ Eastern European

d0minat0ra

My Regimen
Reaction score
1st when i take Saw palmetto i had terrible shed and after 1week shed stop and i know around about 30% dht block if the right mg which is not enough for regrowth now Fina 1mg about 70-75% later maybe i will try duta which is about 90 % in case of fina does not regrow anything i think thats my path for saving hair if i want.

d0minat0ra

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone do you know why in eastern Europe derms never have prescribed finasteride/duta even if you're Norwood 4 at 20y they just doesn't want to hear about this drugs even.. Why why that?...

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is about any drugs in general.
There are usually designated agencies that are responsible for occasional checking the quality of drugs. They publish reports. And this issue is alarming, esp. in developing countries. To put it simply, you can drive a Mercedes, you can drive a Peugeot , both are cars and both will deliver you to your destination.
With respect to drugs frequent issues are e.g. 1) the amount of active agent may be lower or higher than stated (do you really trust what is written on some box of tablets?)); 2) auxiliary substances (help the active agent effectively get into your body) can be of poorer quality or lacking and often differ from the substances used in brand name drugs, which can make a difference with respect to side effects and effectiveness; 3) toxic and other dangerous substances that should not be there can be found in generics esp Indian/Chinese/ Eastern European

I'd like to see your source for all this, because according to the US FDA none of it is true. https://www.fda.gov/media/107601/download