Changed To French Lace From Skin Cleaning?

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,
Hope all are doing good

I was an injected thin skin weaver but just changed to french lace recently, I have some concerns about the cleaning process? I didn't find it harder to clean the skin systems so far but lace seems it might be tougher,

I usually clean every 2 weeks sometimes 3 weeks, remove the system> spray c22 > leave it on for 30mins then shampoo the system couple of times> then use 91% alcohol to remove the remaining residue

Is the process same for the lace? if we use tape n glue? I am worried about glue penetrating to hair from the mesh

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Manny

Lace is a harder clean-up than thinskin, because you have to be more gentle with the base. If you are too rough, the mesh can stretch, and that will end up creating wrinkles when you attach.

There are 2 techniques you can use. The first only applies to glue residue. As soon as you take your unit off, dab the glue residue on the underside of the base with cotton wool. The lint from the cotton wool will stick to any live adhesive, and then you can gently rub the glue/lint into boogers and roll them off the base.

The second is for glue and tape. Get a shallow flat dish big enough to hold your base, and pour about half-an-inch deep layer of 99% isopropyl alcohol into it. When you take your unit off, put the base into the alcohol, and press it down so that the whole base is submerged. Try to keep the hair shafts out of the alcohol as much as you can. Then leave the unit to soak. After 10 or 15 minutes you should be able to scrape off any glue residue with your fingernail or the edge of a credit card, and any tape should be ready to just fall off cleanly. The timing depends on how long you have been wearing the unit since the last attachment. The longer you have left it, the messier the clean-up. You can leave it soaking for longer if you need to, but then you should cover the dish with some clingfilm (Saran Wrap) so that the alcohol doesn't evaporate. Once you're done, time to shampoo and condition the unit.

You can use both techniques, but do them in that order.

Noah

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I wear a lace with poly perimeter.

To clean I just pull off the tape. It comes off without much force then use a few applications of cleaner and wipe down.

The front lace is robust. Never had it tear or rip. Its frays but I trim a mm back every couple of weeks.

I don't use liquid glue on lace or poly as I find it difficult to clean as easily as tape.

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Noah and grincher for your inputs will definitely keep these tips in mind

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Manny

Lace is a harder clean-up than thinskin, because you have to be more gentle with the base. If you are too rough, the mesh can stretch, and that will end up creating wrinkles when you attach.

There are 2 techniques you can use. The first only applies to glue residue. As soon as you take your unit off, dab the glue residue on the underside of the base with cotton wool. The lint from the cotton wool will stick to any live adhesive, and then you can gently rub the glue/lint into boogers and roll them off the base.

The second is for glue and tape. Get a shallow flat dish big enough to hold your base, and pour about half-an-inch deep layer of 99% isopropyl alcohol into it. When you take your unit off, put the base into the alcohol, and press it down so that the whole base is submerged. Try to keep the hair shafts out of the alcohol as much as you can. Then leave the unit to soak. After 10 or 15 minutes you should be able to scrape off any glue residue with your fingernail or the edge of a credit card, and any tape should be ready to just fall off cleanly. The timing depends on how long you have been wearing the unit since the last attachment. The longer you have left it, the messier the clean-up. You can leave it soaking for longer if you need to, but then you should cover the dish with some clingfilm (Saran Wrap) so that the alcohol doesn't evaporate. Once you're done, time to shampoo and condition the unit.

You can use both techniques, but do them in that order.

Noah

@Noah can you please suggest the techniques to clean the scalp after removing the system?

Last edited: