Chancer: Age 31 - some progress after 3 months...

madhatter

Established Member
Reaction score
that is a great improvement chancer, your forehead looks much better now. I just picked up some foam and msm today, just waiting for my finastercide to arrive and hopefully I will be getting results in a few months.

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
madhatter said:
that is a great improvement chancer, your forehead looks much better now. I just picked up some foam and msm today, just waiting for my finastercide to arrive and hopefully I will be getting results in a few months.

weel done mate....

i take 1 flat teaspoon of MSN powder and stirr it well into about glass that only contains about 2 swigs worth of water..

then i take a 1000mg tablet of VIT C.... its important you take to vit C becuase it helps the MSM to do its job...

with the foam... fill your sink up with some cold water and put the can in it for about 1 minute.... before you use the foam, this way i find the foam is a bit thicker and doesnt melt as fast... this way you can then distribute the blobs around your scalp to get to the most serverly male pattern baldness spots.... and give it a good rubbin in too, make sure its really got there.... any excess on my fingers i rub into my eyebrow hairs... hopefully they'lle thicken up too....

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man,

Great results.

Just wondering about your vitamins.

You say MSM - do you mean glucosamine / joint formula? Because when I search that online thats all I find... are you able to link me to where you get it?

Also Silica as well? The ingredients in the stuff i found is -------------Sodium phosphate - dibasic anhydrous 200mg;
Silicon dioxide 25mg.

that right?

Also

120mg pure cod liver oil, inc omega-3, vitamins A,D & E x1 per day - - - - is that a mulitvitamin? or do you buy all these seperately?

Thanks

Sorry for the questions!

Sam

hiya mate....

I think it is the same thing or if not a very slight difference... but what i will do is show you what i actually take and where i get it from...

Bearing in mind, i live in the UK and im not looking for the cheapest possible package, quality is more important to me, so i buy the following from the UK biggest Health store that as a branch in every town in the country...This way i know im getting good stuff, but if you aren’t from the uk, i still suggest buying them from a reputable store in your country... so print the labels off that i have linked to the products and take them into your store so they can provide you with the same stuff...

MSM...

HB002286_R_H080W000.gif

Label...
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/vf/labels/002286HB.pdf

Silica:
HB001553_R_H080W000.gif

Label...
[url="http://www.hollandandbarrett....hollandandbarrett.com/vf/labels/001553HB.pdf
[/url]

Vit C

HB000691_R_H080W000.gif

Label...
[url="http://www.hollandandbarrett....hollandandbarrett.com/vf/labels/000693HB.pdf
[/url]

Also worth noting about the Vit C i take...
Product details for Vitamin C-1000 with Bioflavonoids Tablets

Vitamin C is a good all rounder helping maintain healthy bones, teeth and skin as well as the health of the immune system. Bioflavonoids and Rose Hips add the extra benefit of helping to conserve Vitamin C, which our bodies cannot store, therefore a regular intake is necessary. SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS AND VEGANS.

If you are in the UK you can buy all these here..
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Half-life of MSM is 12 hours so you guys should update your dose accordingly. BTW Chancer you just proved the people on this very forum that sulfur does it job producing keratin. Silica is also not a negligent sulfur add-on. You guys should add Bioperine supplement for better absorption of the amino acid Methionine and Cysteine (MSM)> this is really cheap also.

Fred

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results mate, thanks for documenting the supplements part of your regimen too...As someone on here has pointed out, those who complete their standard treatments with vitamins and minerals seem to have the best success. I am going to give Silica a go, you mention it helps with dry hair which is a problem I've suffered with.
Keep us updated on your progress.

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
4 MONTH UPDATE//////////

Shedding :O

yup, the dreaded '4 month' shed people talk about has begun, for almost a week now ive been shedding about 20 hairs everytime i rub my hands on my hair...

im not taking it negatively, i KNOW this mean progress and in a month or two i should see the fruits of the shed.... fingers crossed... will update then

cheers

chancer...

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
well this shedding lark certainly isnt fun....lol

infact most of the week the top of my scalp is actually itching... i know its not minoxidil or nizoral becuase im well over 4 months in using it now and never had any itchiness before... this itchiness must be due to the shed, frighting at times, i pull hairs out of the top of my head at will with a gentile pinch of the thumb and index finger...

but altough im encouraging the shed knowing it means minoxidil and finasteride are doing their work and things with grow back stronger id say its 50/50 on the type of hairs im seeing shed, from very thin hairs that will hopefully grow back to full thickness to thick hairs im thinking... why are you falling out?

hopefully report back next month or so with what i hope is re-growth...

kudos

chancer..

G

shedding at 4 months? i thought there was supposed to be an initial shed then regrowth, not the other way around, anyways keep us updated!

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
i guess everybody’s biology is different... ive read plenty of people shedding at the 3 - 4 month stage...

ive slowly had regrow up to 3 months, now month 4 its shed time... ive read they generally last about a month before they stabilize... i'll keep you posted...

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
chancer said:
ive always had a pretty balanced diet.... but my hair and nails have never grown as fast as they do right now... and that is due to msm & VIT C

and no doubt some of that dosage is excess and gets washed away in my system but its deffo makes your hair grow twice as fast and when your treating it it with the big three it helps speed up results...

MSM is superb!!!

I dont like to give too much credence to stufff like MSM as tempting as it may be - after all there hasnt been a single study on MSM and hair. But yeah I have to say when I was taking the stuff regularly hair did seem to grow noticeably quicker. It was around the same time I started minoxidil but I wouldnt expect much of an effect from that on the rate of hair growth. If it does make hair grow faster then that could be a favourable thing when your hair is buzzed and you are waiting for the positive results of minoxidil, finasteride, nizoral to kick in as you are.
hh

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
chancer said:
i guess everybody’s biology is different... ive read plenty of people shedding at the 3 - 4 month stage...

ive slowly had regrow up to 3 months, now month 4 its shed time... ive read they generally last about a month before they stabilize... i'll keep you posted...

The hairs that have come back probably have a shorter life cycle for one - as hairs miniaturise they spend longer in telogen and less time in anagen. So if you had a bunch of short cycling hairs that had recently pretty much stopped cycling altogether come back into action this early shed could be them getting ready for another appearance as well as other hairs thickening.

At any rate it all looks like its going very well for you.
hh

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
in uk sterling.... about £10 per month, if a little less...

ragsta

Reaction score
hey chancer good to see your progress :)

have you seen any difference in your facial hair growth, mostly talkin about beard areas because of the supplements, msm, silica ?

madhatter

Established Member
Reaction score
ragsta said:
hey chancer good to see your progress :)

have you seen any difference in your facial hair growth, mostly talkin about beard areas because of the supplements, msm, silica ?

I've been taking MSM for a little over a month. I've noticed that my facial hair is growing much faster than it used to. I have to shave everyday now where I used to shave every two or three days.

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah i concur with Madhatter... anything on your body that grows, will grow faster with msm... thats hair and nails... i have to shave everyday these days where i used to go a few days before msm....

have to cut my fingernails pretty much everyweek, where as before... i cant remember for sure but it was at least every few weeks...

please note newbies... MSM probably wont give you regrowth... but combined with the big three it can accelerate the success process...

ps. its also great for your joints and could possibly delay arthritis we get has we get older...

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
No updates... but then i havent checks up there for a while, so i'll get Telogen Effluvium camera on... i still think im shedding to a degree if not has severe has before....

i'll update very soon....

cheers guys