Celebrities on finasteride.

plisk

Established Member
Reaction score
I truly do not get the incessant allusions to Bruce Willis (who isn't nearly the star he once was because of diminished sex appeal) and Jason Statham who's at best a B-List celebrity. Bruce Willis does crap movies that 25 years ago would've been beneath him. Jason Statham plays literally the same character every movie.

The only truly elite romantic leads in movies, THROUGHOUT HISTORY, have been NW1-NW2s.

Rudolph Valentino-1920s-Full head of hair, classic slick back
Clark Gable-1930-40s-Full head of hair, classic side part
Marlon Brando-1950-60s-Full head of hair, classic side part
Al Pacino-1970s-Full head of hair, all kinds of styles
Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt-1980-90s-literally lifelong NW1s
Jude Law-1990s-NW2 and lost everything career-wise post 2003ish
Johnny Depp-1990-2000s-Long thick hair
Leonardo Dicaprio-1990-2000s-2010s-Thick head of hair, at worst NW2

How can Bruce Willis and Jason Statham be compared to these guys? They aren't even in the same league. Bruce Willis MIGHT have been in the late 80s and early 90s. But even that is a stretch.

Jason statham is a B-list celeb because his range is very limited. He's not an actor, he was a olympic diver who turned to modelling and then acting because he has a strong handsome face. He basically stumbled into his brief spotlight as an attempt to revive the action genre for the post 00 crowd. As you allude, the results are middling. But again, theres also similar actors with full heads of hair. Ergo, its probably his limited talent that keeps him in limited roles.

Willis hit his peak fame while he was balding BADLY. The movie that made his career, the original Die Hard, he was badly receding and thinning all over the top. His "diminished sex appeal" now might be because hes a senior citizen? Just a guess? Regardless, he was well and truly a megastar during the 90s and pretending he wasn't is retroactive wishful thinking.

Al pacino was never a romantic lead, and not in the same category as the rest of the men on that list. Al is good looking, but not particularly so, and his career has been largely on the strength of his character performances. He's never been billed as an action star or romantic lead. He's very short, and can't make up for it by being pretty or physically intense as Tom cruise can.

Brando had several hits while he was balding, he didnt make much attempt to hide it, much like his limited attempts to not be a fat slob. Exceptionally handsome face, among the best men looking men in hollywood history and one of the best acting talents ever. That gives you a lot of breathing room.

Yul brynner was as bald as a baby's c*** for most of his career, and still rose to the top of hollywood at the time. Brynner might be exceptional among exceptions, because aside from being bald, he doesnt have a remarkable face. Its very balanced, no noticeable asymmetry, but its not a fantastic jaw ala brad pitt, or striking cheekbones like Depp, etc.

Before you freak out in response, I agree on the general principle, but it is however inaccurate to pretend that there has never been a balding sex symbol or a successful balding superstar. Yes balding is bad, veyr bad, but this forum suffers from a skewed perspective. When i was a teenager watching Die hard it never once crossed my mind "look at bruce willis's disgusting NW3.5, how dare he put himself in front of the camera" LOL

plisk

Established Member
Reaction score
and yes it is disingenuous for people to say just be bruce willis or just be jason statham, because those guys have exceptionally masculine and handsome faces, the average guy does not.

integra

My Regimen
Reaction score
Actor Bradley Cooper has admitted that he takes in finasteride as a preventative measure.
Search it up , in some pictures he does seem to be a NW3 ish guy .

AVIJIT

My Regimen
Reaction score
I truly do not get the incessant allusions to Bruce Willis (who isn't nearly the star he once was because of diminished sex appeal) and Jason Statham who's at best a B-List celebrity. Bruce Willis does crap movies that 25 years ago would've been beneath him. Jason Statham plays literally the same character every movie.

The only truly elite romantic leads in movies, THROUGHOUT HISTORY, have been NW1-NW2s.

Rudolph Valentino-1920s-Full head of hair, classic slick back
Clark Gable-1930-40s-Full head of hair, classic side part
Marlon Brando-1950-60s-Full head of hair, classic side part
Al Pacino-1970s-Full head of hair, all kinds of styles
Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt-1980-90s-literally lifelong NW1s
Jude Law-1990s-NW2 and lost everything career-wise post 2003ish
Johnny Depp-1990-2000s-Long thick hair
Leonardo Dicaprio-1990-2000s-2010s-Thick head of hair, at worst NW2

How can Bruce Willis and Jason Statham be compared to these guys? They aren't even in the same league. Bruce Willis MIGHT have been in the late 80s and early 90s. But even that is a stretch.
Hi just read ur post. Aren't the Rock and vin diesel the top stars right now.

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember Arsene Wenger moaning that most of his squad were on propecia and other hair loss meds

He was voicing legitimate concerns, however he also has amazing hair for a 68 year old, so he doesn’t really get it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...g-medication-for-non-footballing-reasons.html

F2D1B63B-91F3-49C0-A876-37A5BCE050D0.jpeg