CCS's body recompositioning journal

CCS

Reaction score
To be updated...

I need a place to record my daily supplements and food intake so I don't forget anything. I think everything I need is here already, but I don't remember what else I ordered. I want to make sure I have a list of everything before I start so I don't waste anything or get any side effects for nothing. I'm going to hunt through my old posts to see what all I need, and transfer it here.

... I almost wrote my first name instead of CCS in the thread title. Note: Epistane is not yet illegal. It came out recently and FDA has not gotten around to banning it yet. I will probably be done with my bottle by then. By writing this thread, I do not condone illegal activities, and hope no young people or non committed people follow in my foot steps. Stand back and let the guiney pig do his thing.

CCS

Reaction score
Cycle workout:

3 weeks
3 day split: chest/tries, back bis, legs, with abs and other stuff mixed in.
10 AM: 15 sets heavy weights
4 PM: 15 sets lighter weights/higher reps
increase sets or intensity or something by next workout day. Got 7 workout days, so better challenge myself and titrate down.
I'll probably do a total of 20 sets per day on my first 3 day split with 10mg, and then bump up to 20mg on upper body days with 30 sets total per compound muscle group. I'm assuming the Epistane will speed my recovery. Many guys reported they felt recovered that same day and wanted to workout again.

Cycle supplements:

Epistane 10-20mg per day with lots of fat and grapefruit an hour before a wokout. So I get the effect of more and my liver does not have to break down as much.
milk thistle extract (anti-oxidant)
Fish oil
Oral vit B-5 for acne,
topical spironolactone on my face,
RU on my head.
glucosamine 1000mg
chondrointin 1000mg
MSM 1000mg
garlic powder on my oats
9 hours of sleep, and ear plugs.
GABA and choline inositol and niacine
other anti-oxidants

Cycle diet:

eat two pounds of mackerel per day,
a few 4g bursts of hydrolyzed whey 30 minutes before meals,
maybe 4000 calories per day
maltodextrin end of workout drink, with hydrolized whey and amino acids
drink at least a gallon of water,

--------------------
PCT workout:

Going to keep the same intensity, but only 3 sets per muscle group and more time for recovery, and gradually increase to 10 sets over 3 weeks.

PCT supplements:

3,6,17-androstenetrione 200mg per day in fat
3 weeks,
overlapping the end of the last cycle a bit,
transitioning into a natural high testosterone cycle towards the end.
HMB
GABA and choline and niacine

PCT diet:

maintaining the 2 pounds of mackerel for the first week
reducing calories down to 2400 gradually during that week.
Pretty much the same as the other diet otherwise.
6+ meals per day, etc.
A little of everything at each meal.

CCS

Reaction score
Going to post every meal, every lift, daily weights, and arm sizes.

Going to start soon, maybe tomorrow morning. Just got to make sure I'm on top of my homework enough that I don't lose sleep after a workout. Not starting until then.

my ultimate goal is to weight 160 pounds with a waist that is at most my current size, and have 15 inch arms and 8% body fat. That will take maybe 3 cycles 3 week cycles, counting the PCT

My goal for this 3 week cycle is to gain 5 pounds without incrasing my waist size, and to have my arms gain at least 1/2 inch. I'll only use half the bottle in this cycle. Most epistane users use the whole bottle in 4 weeks.

I just realized: the more muscle you have, the more testosterone you need to maintain it, though not as much as you needed to get it. Exercising is in large part about increasing your natural testosterone levels. Body builders with the best PCT may still lose muscle if they don't produce enough testosterone naturally to maintain their gains. Another reason I don't want to go beyond genetic size.

Epistane may get me there fast, but I better have plenty of testosterone to stay there later. How many sets you can recover from daily is a good measure of your natural testosterone levels. It should predict how much of the weight you cut will be fat and how much will be muscle.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
CCS, just curious as to what your primary motivation is for the above. Girls?

CCS

Reaction score
hairwegoagain said:
CCS, just curious as to what your primary motivation is for the above. Girls?

yes. 80%. 20% is I just want to look good. I want to be healthy, but I would not use the epistane just for that.

CCS

Reaction score
I just got back from the gym. No epistane today. I did 10 sets. 3 minute tread mill warm up.

30 seconds of stretching between each set:
3x10 incline dumbell press, 40 pounds each hand. (or was it 35?)
3x10 chin ups
3x10 dips
1 set of bent over dumb bell rows with 40 pounds in each hand.

That is when I got light headed and went home. I need to bring a sugary drink with me so that does not happen. I always get light headed if I don't. This is also why I want to have the split workout.

I know that is a weak workout, but I did it in about 10 minutes.

I weight 146 pounds. I won't look at that much, since water weight can vary. I'll just go by my arm size and waist size.

I drank some maltodextrin and hydrolized whey right when I got home. Still light headed. Going to drink some more.

Measuring between two freckles, where I'll measure my bicept from now on, my bicept is 12.5 inches flexed. I thought it used to be 13. Good reason not to do cutting without maintaining testosterone levels with heavy lifting. Waist: 32 inches relaxed, 31 inches sucked in. 4 pack when flexed. beginings of six pack, but can grab an inch of flab when I sit down.

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
3x10 chin ups
3x10 dips

That is when I got light headed and went home. I need to bring a sugary drink with me so that does not happen. I always get light headed if I don't. This is also why I want to have the split workout.
[/b]
the stretching is good, but based on your workout routine here u must be a novice weightlifter. Chest and back on same day, really? Those are two diametrically (sp) opposed muscles. One pushes, the other pulls and they should never be used on the same day.

Additionally be careful with any free weight, especially something like bent over db rows. Safety is more important than stabilization (you are not a highly trained athlete who might need the all the stabilizers working together) so use a machine for your back to simulate the rows. You wouldn't believe the number of weightlifters who watch other weightlifters do the wrong things and it keeps perpetuating. It very very easy to f*** yourself up even with lighter weights when you are trying to use your own stabilization to work your muscles.

CCS

Reaction score
thanks for that input. I will do my back exercises with a machine, and just use my stableizers for stuff like standing press and lunges from now on. The back is easier to hurt than other body parts.

As for experience, I just combined chest and back because I did not plan on doing a heavy workout tonight. Pretty soon I'll split them again. I just wanted to do circuit today.

I try to combine as many muscle groups as possible into each movement to stimulate the most HGH production possible. Building muscle is just about stimulating hormone production and making your muscles sensitive to those hormones. But you are right that safety is first priority.

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score
Rambo said:
StoptheMadness said:
3x10 chin ups
3x10 dips

[/b]
the stretching is good, but based on your workout routine here u must be a novice weightlifter. Chest and back on same day, really? Those are two diametrically (sp) opposed muscles. One pushes, the other pulls and they should never be used on the same day.

Additionally be careful with any free weight, especially something like bent over db rows. Safety is more important than stabilization (you are not a highly trained athlete who might need the all the stabilizers working together) so use a machine for your back to simulate the rows. You wouldn't believe the number of weightlifters who watch other weightlifters do the wrong things and it keeps perpetuating. It very very easy to f*** yourself up even with lighter weights when you are trying to use your own stabilization to work your muscles.
Why wouldnt you just do chest/tris/shoulders for one day.. WOW chest and back the same day...
if you were pressed for time (no pun intended) then yes u can do them all in one day, but why would u want to overwork them all. if you do chest you are are also working your tri's and shoulders secondarily, so don't overdue it.

not sure if u are being sarcastic with the 2nd statement.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I disagree, Rambo. I'm a lifter, and although I don't subscribe to this personally, there is a countercurrent thinking group at my gym of some very serious bodybuilders who believe very strongly in training opposing muscle groups during the same workout.

I know!.. it sounds crazy!... but they say it is good to train this way every one week out of four for building lateral symmetry.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Are you drinking a protein shake with carbs before you go to the gym? If not, start. It will keep you from crashing like you did. I can't go more than 45 minutes in the gym without crashing, so I try to limit my workouts to 45 min or less if possible.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
StoptheMadness said:
Chest and back on same day, really? Those are two diametrically (sp) opposed muscles. One pushes, the other pulls and they should never be used on the same day.

Training push/pull muscles is a great split, if you're into splits and all. That way all your muscles are fresh and you're not benching, then tiring out your triceps, then doing tricep work with light weights cause they're already tired. Flat benching doesn't pound the triceps into dust anyway.

Plus, CCS is a newbie lifter, he'd have to try as hard as possibe to overtrain since he's DB benching 40lbs. It just won't happen. He can't lift heavy enough to overtrain. 6 months from now, ok yeah, probably possible, but not right now, and not with this split which only has a few exercises.

StoptheMadness said:

Ok, advising someone to only use machines is just asking them to get hurt. That's the worst advice you can possibly give. Machines don't build stabilizer muscles at all, so when CCS finally decides to get off the machines and lift real weights, he'll have a MUCH greater likelyhood of getting hurt. The absolute best thing CCS can do is start out with free weights to build not only the targeted muscles, but his stabilizer muscles too. As long as he doesn't jump in and start pounding out the super heavy weights (with bad form cause his stabilizer muscles aren't strong enough yet), he'll be just fine.

Remember, your weakest link is where you'll get injured 1st (IE Stabilizer muscles). Just cause you can machine bench 200lbs, doesn't mean that you have the stabilizer muclse to free weight bench 200lbs without injury.

CCS

Reaction score
No hairy, I've not been doing that. I've been eating oats an hour or two before my workouts. I'd have a little whey protein and sip some juice before workouts sometimes, but not a whole shake. I'll make my pre-workout drink bigger from now on.

Food report:

ascorbyl palmitate tasts like tasteless bland powderder. Go figure. Same as all the amino acids and stuff I take on faith.

I took 1/4 tea spoon of GABA last night. Did not feel any different than normal sleep. I'll take more tonight, but I wonder if the stuff does anything. Even my dreams were just as flighty as usual.

I've not yet increased my diet since my workout yesterday was so light.

I still need to buy more mackerel, so I probably won't start the Epistane today. Maybe tonight, but that is a long shot. I want at least 5 hours of eating before I go to sleep after using it, and see no point in using it unless I do 2 workouts that day to get in a lot of sets.

I'll just use today as a hydration day, and do an unassisted leg workout.

s.a.f

Reaction score

Please dont, just make records then summarise.

CCS

Reaction score
s.a.f said:

Please dont, just make records then summarise.

OK. I was just going to use the edit button to update a meal post. I was not going to make 7 posts a day.

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score
Harie said:
StoptheMadness said:

Ok, advising someone to only use machines is just asking them to get hurt. That's the worst advice you can possibly give. Machines don't build stabilizer muscles at all, so when CCS finally decides to get off the machines and lift real weights, he'll have a MUCH greater likelyhood of getting hurt. The absolute best thing CCS can do is start out with free weights to build not only the targeted muscles, but his stabilizer muscles too. As long as he doesn't jump in and start pounding out the super heavy weights (with bad form cause his stabilizer muscles aren't strong enough yet), he'll be just fine.

Remember, your weakest link is where you'll get injured 1st (IE Stabilizer muscles). Just cause you can machine bench 200lbs, doesn't mean that you have the stabilizer muclse to free weight bench 200lbs without injury.
That's the best advice I could possible give to anyone. I never said machines were for stabilizers. You are putting words in my mouth.

I feel like a born again here.....My point is what's the point of lifting weights? I am 28, still lifting and have lifted since I was 18, never getting hurt, so I am not speaking from a sour grapes mentality. I'm a regular guy, most here are too. So safety should be number 1. What is less safe is to use old fashioned free weights. No one wants to hear that sh*t cuz that's what everyone knows. When you go to your gym u see most every guy doing free weights b/c thats what he saw everyone else do from time immemorial. The machines are for safety first and still target the correct muscle groups. the scientists who designed know what the f*** is going on.

I won't preach on the push/pull thing, you are either with the program or your not.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Rambo said:
Machines were made i think so people with no idea go to the gym and pay money to use them..If every gym only had barbells and dumbells in it do you think you would go? Or would you just buy your own and do it at home?? Its all a marketing gimic..The lat pulldown bar is important though..Thats about it for machines.

lat pulldown is important? since when?....try pull-ups, chin-up, hammer grip pull-ups....then get a belt and add weight to the excercises.....MUCH better than lat-pull down..

good rule of thumb...any excercise where your body is MOVING thru space (e.g. pull ups, squats, deadlifts) are superior exercises. And believe it or not that goes for push-ups too (in comparison to bench pressing)..the only problem is that its very difficult to continually add weight to push-ups...its very inconvenient.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Rambo said:
Yes i actually agree pullups are better..Im saying there the ones i use..The only machine i use is the lat pulldown and smith machine for close grip benchpress ( i prefer using smith for this exercise ) Other then that they are useless for me..

smith is quite possibly the WORST machine in the gym....it should be used for NOTHING.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Rambo said:
Well thats your opinion..Ive been training for 9 years with great results training the way i do..

I can find you 100 articles explaining why smith machine is bad...but ill let you do the HW. ;)

or maybe harie will chime in and explain it to you.