CCS's body recompositioning journal

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I still do calf raises (no weight)

What do you plan to accomplish with that? Your calf muscles are worked constantly...Thus, they need to be stimulated with lots of weight & lots of reps in order to grow. You're just wasting your time by doing calf raises with no weight.

CCS

Reaction score
My calves are my most developed muscle group, so i don't want to make them much bigger until my other muscles have caught up.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
this sucks:
My elbow has tendonitis, so I can't rock climb or do chin ups. My knee hurts, so I can't squat or hike. At least I can still cycle. I was squating before, so maybe today was just a bad day.

My wrists hurt a little when I do bench, but not much. That is my only compound movement, so I'll try to keep it. I know a few guys who packed on mass with flyes though.

You should take a week of or two..elbow and wrist pain..what people usually calls inflammation in the joints..are the worst thing to get when you wanna get bigger. I was real into lifting and got problems in my wrist and shoulder and it kept me out of the gym for 1 year.

You should get yourself a powerball and train your grip and lower arms..it will prob give less problems in the future

GL

CCS

Reaction score
grippers: that is another exercise I can do that does not affect my elbow. thanks for reminding me.

So far I've been out of the gym about a month, except to do cycling. My elbow does not hurt unless I use it. I've discovered that laying on it wrong when I sleep is keeping it from healing, so I'm working on finding the right position, or tying a pillow around it. The gym is closed for a month, and I hope I can start back up at 50% weight when it opens.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
grippers: that is another exercise I can do that does not affect my elbow. thanks for reminding me.

So far I've been out of the gym about a month, except to do cycling. My elbow does not hurt unless I use it. I've discovered that laying on it wrong when I sleep is keeping it from healing, so I'm working on finding the right position, or tying a pillow around it. The gym is closed for a month, and I hope I can start back up at 50% weight when it opens.

Go to the damn doctor CCS. If it's been over a month and your elbow still hurts, it's something serious.

CCS

Reaction score
Harie said:

Go to the damn doctor CCS. If it's been over a month and your elbow still hurts, it's something serious.

yeah, i found out doing some basic tasks today that it is as bad as ever. I just got to apply for health insurance first. My state has free health insurance for poor people, so I better use it.