Castor Oil, Ricinoleic Acid, Ricinolein, And Pge2

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's an update:
I received 100 mL of RA and although it solidifies in freezer, as expected based on its freezing point, it has a strong odor that is different that what I would expect a plant oil to smell like. I am reluctant to use it on my scalp. The company was defensive when I queried them and sent a CoA but we all know CoA's can be generated easily. This is a real bummer because I've seen how effective oral castor is an really think topical RA will work.

There are many sellers of RA on Alibaba. It's not a rare chemical by any means and should not be difficult to get.

What was the cost of the Ricinoleic Acid and how long would that quantity last for daily application?

But yeah I'm with you on being a bit worried about putting strange industrial solvents from sketchy Chinese labs on my body...

I just don't see how topical castor oil could be effective due to its gigantic molecular weight. Oral castor oil might be very effective but I tried oral castor oil for about a week and I got the shits like crazy. Not sure if it was caused by the castor oil, so I want to try again to make sure. I'm just scared of trying again because I don't want to have to subject my butthole to that again...

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What was the cost of the Ricinoleic Acid and how long would that quantity last for daily application?

But yeah I'm with you on being a bit worried about putting strange industrial solvents from sketchy Chinese labs on my body...

I just don't see how topical castor oil could be effective due to its gigantic molecular weight. Oral castor oil might be very effective but I tried oral castor oil for about a week and I got the shits like crazy. Not sure if it was caused by the castor oil, so I want to try again to make sure. I'm just scared of trying again because I don't want to have to subject my butthole to that again...
It's cheap and should be easily sourced. I'm working on a second source now.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It would be really helpful if some others on here would also get RA and give it a try. I paid $90 for 100 mL including international shipping. It is often sold by the multi kilogram at a much better deal.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems like that would be more expensive than PGE2 since you only need 1mg of PGE2 per day.
Perhaps but a few things to consider:
-I way overpayed since I just wanted to do the experiment and not search for suppliers. I could have paid less for a kilogram. Many suppliers in China charge more for smaller quantities because they have to repackage.
-One can do a freeze test to help ensure their RA is legit. How do you confirm your PGE2 is authentic?
-PGE2 has higher MW than RA, although other properties such as polarity, solubility, permeability, and potency need to be considered.

I'm just suggesting topical RA is a low hanging fruit that seems to have been ignored.

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

if you were taking more than just 2 ml it probably was the castor oil

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps but a few things to consider:
-I way overpayed since I just wanted to do the experiment and not search for suppliers. I could have paid less for a kilogram. Many suppliers in China charge more for smaller quantities because they have to repackage.
-One can do a freeze test to help ensure their RA is legit. How do you confirm your PGE2 is authentic?
-PGE2 has higher MW than RA, although other properties such as polarity, solubility, permeability, and potency need to be considered.

I'm just suggesting topical RA is a low hanging fruit that seems to have been ignored.

Why not try zinc ricinoleate? It's easy to get from legitimate sources.

Canuto

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Farmacia Parati compounds ricinoleic acid pharma grade and can add it to whatever drug you are using.
I've added it into my new topical.

Last edited:

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Farmacia Parati compounds ricinoleic acid pharma grade and can add it to whatever drug you are using.
I've added it into my new topical.
How does it smell

krishnann

My Regimen
Reaction score
Castor Oil has plenty of advantages compared to other natural oils. No doubt, prefer castor oil for nourishment of hair

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Castor Oil has plenty of advantages compared to other natural oils. No doubt, prefer castor oil for nourishment of hair

I use it every couple of days otherwise my hair feels like it is getting overwhelmed, but yes, castor oil is a good thing to use.

Ivo Shandor

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was taking castor oil caplets in the summer, not sure if it did anything. I have bought some castor oil for topical use after watching a YouTube video on it.

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you know whats crazy... even though castor oil has a high molecular weight... applying it topically upsets my stomach.... smfh... the top of my scalp in general as a diffuse thinner is like one big open pore... Im thinking of topical duta or RU but damn.... ill probably still get mad side effects as I am a hyper responder to every substance including supplements...