Can't Shave Head Because Hair Takes To Long To Grow

Baldingat188

Reaction score
all my life I've never had a shaved head so I hardly even know what my head shape is although it is big so I can be sure it won't look good bald.

I am also diffuse thinning so I want to see how bad it is with a shaved head . Currently I grow my hair out as a way to hide it

The problem is my hair grows extremely slowly - probably 1-2 inches per year I would guess. I don't think I can stomach walking around for a year with a shaved head. Most I could handle would be a few months.

Do you guys think it's worth it to see my head shape / diffuse ? Or is unnecessary since my hair still looks decent when styled right and grown out ?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
all my life I've never had a shaved head so I hardly even know what my head shape is although it is big so I can be sure it won't look good bald.

I am also diffuse thinning so I want to see how bad it is with a shaved head . Currently I grow my hair out as a way to hide it

The problem is my hair grows extremely slowly - probably 1-2 inches per year I would guess. I don't think I can stomach walking around for a year with a shaved head. Most I could handle would be a few months.

Do you guys think it's worth it to see my head shape / diffuse ? Or is unnecessary since my hair still looks decent when styled right and grown out ?

Jesus man. Beautiful post, in so many ways. I think you said what a lot of us are thinking. I REALLY, REALLY want to shave my head. Why? because my f*****g hair makes me sick as f***, so I want it gone. I am also very curious of my head shape.

Who knows man... just know, that EVENTUALLY, you will get to the point where you will NEED TO. I am almost there. Where my own liberation comes above every thing else.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Before minoxidil / Alpicort / RU I had a shaved head for 3 months or so, and I've also shaved it multiple occasions. Not razor shaved, but buzzed down very close.

Damn, roughest 3 months of my life. Depersonalization, avoiding mirrors, existential crisis, self-loathing, looking at my stupid-*** head with almost no frame, noticeing how many moles I had all over my head... f***.

I'll do damn near whatever it takes not to let it get to that point again.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm one of those men who can suit the shaved head look well. The shortest I have ever cut my hair was a 1.5 using an electric razor. Last time I did this was over two months ago and it's taking very long for my hair to grow back, with what's left. My hair used to grow quite fast but now it's slower than a snail's pace, even my hair that hasn't been affected by DHT. I really wouldn't suggest, or to anyone, buzzing your head short if you don't want to put up with having very little hair for a while.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
I'm one of those men who can suit the shaved head look well. The shortest I have ever cut my hair was a 1.5 using an electric razor. Last time I did this was over two months ago and it's taking very long for my hair to grow back, with what's left. My hair used to grow quite fast but now it's slower than a snail's pace, even my hair that hasn't been affected by DHT. I really wouldn't suggest, or to anyone, buzzing your head short if you don't want to put up with having very little hair for a while.

Your lucky you can pull of a shaved head. I can't even have a buzz cut and look normal so I imagine how bad I'll look bald. I have to grow my hair out to not look weird

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your lucky you can pull of a shaved head. I can't even have a buzz cut and look normal so I imagine how bad I'll look bald. I have to grow my hair out to not look weird

Thanks. I still feel and look 100% better with hair, anyone does. I've always thought that people with advanced hair loss, like at least NW4+, look best when their head is kept buzzed from around a 1-2 depending on the person, what ever the head shape is. While a grown out horseshoe certainly isn't the most eye appealing, a head completely shaved to the scalp whether suffering from baldness or not just doesn't look normal. But it's always up to the person suffering from hair loss with what options they're able to choose from when it comes to dealing with something like this.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone thinks they will look horrible with a shaved head.

I did too, horrible. Now I've been walking around with a shaved head for like 7 years and I've been fine.

More or less.
tumblr_nc9m4dliri1s9lptno1_500.gif

Spoken like a true PUA lord.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Acording to my idea, repetitive shave of scalp can provoke common hair loss.
Myth: Cutting your hair will make it grow back thicker,,....,
at least no for scalp hair

Last edited:

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
my scalp started to itch while I was reading an OP's post

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
What the f***? I lost my hair before I started shaving it, obviously.

Hair is dead matter, it doesn't know it's being shaved. But you've never appeared to be very bright.

"By the way most knowledgeable people on this forum are Swoop and Armando Jose"
David_MPN, March 22nd 2017

#neverforget

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
The hair is dead matter. Seriously, you think that hair is only dead matter? Are you referring to the hair shaft or, one of the most complex structures that has the human being (pilosebaceous system)? And, curiously it is only formed in the embryonic period, where it is supposed to be one of the moments where the superfluous, is not the most important. Think about this.

Friend Dench, Sign up for this other thought of mine; "Hair is vital for human life", I risk to point out that survival would be very difficult, if not impossible, without the help of what you our friend call : "Only dead matter."