Can't pull the trigger on finasteride - please help

g.i joey

Reaction score
Just look for mercks revenue on Propecia and divide that by 60$ should give you a solid estimate. I believe over 1 million people are on it.

Kian1810

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread but will taking 1mg finasteride three times a week help? I can't take it every day as I get sides but I don't want to be taking it three times a week if it's not going to be beneficial.

mandatswack

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread but will taking 1mg finasteride three times a week help? I can't take it every day as I get sides but I don't want to be taking it three times a week if it's not going to be beneficial.
Maybe try taking 0.5 everyday?

g.i joey

Reaction score
m-w-f has worked for many, so yes 3 times a week is still very beneficial, i would try to steer towards 4, or maybe on your second day off take .5... as long as you're getting a dose 1/2 days you should do fine

Kian1810

Reaction score
I could add 0.5 at the weekend, maybe take it before bed on Saturday evenings? what's the best way to introduce 4 a week, like the days etc?

shookwun

Reaction score
Either you take finasteride, and maintain or don't and bald.

It rele narrows down to that. Topicalso aren't good as androgen related hair loss effects the whole scalp not individual hairs.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
PFS have never been reported on all the numerous studies done on finasteride.

I think you'll be alot calmer after reading this:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158889153

Above baseline for 8-12 years on JUST min alone? That's pretty awesome

- - - Updated - - -

Either you take finasteride, and maintain or don't and bald.

It rele narrows down to that. Topicalso aren't good as androgen related hair loss effects the whole scalp not individual hairs.

Guy said min alone can keep u above baseline for 8-12 YEARS

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Min alone will maintain... But once the hairloss hits and your hormones overpower it, you can literally go up 1 on the norwood scale in a week.

finasteride until something effective comes out folks. I hate to admit it, but it's unfortunately all we have at the moment.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Min alone will maintain... But once the hairloss hits and your hormones overpower it, you can literally go up 1 on the norwood scale in a week.

finasteride until something effective comes out folks. I hate to admit it, but it's unfortunately all we have at the moment.

This doesn't make sense. First of all... You can't lose an entire Norwood in a week. Secondly, if you're using min your hairloss has hit. I don't get your point.

myhairbegone

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the the replies guys. I've decided im going to give finasteride a try and stop if I get any sides. Wish me luck =)

Quick question on dosage..I see people saying just take one quartered 5mg (1.25mg) dose a day. From every thing I have read on dosage/DHT levels it seems like the same could be achieved by taking .625mg a day? Or 1.25mg every other day?

Is it advisable to take it every other day to start?

LongHaired

Reaction score
The side effects have always been a worry with me, as well. There are some that can be pretty obvious such as confusion and depression, but my main worry is the increased risk of high grade prostate cancer.

br1

Reaction score
The side effects have always been a worry with me, as well. There are some that can be pretty obvious such as confusion and depression, but my main worry is the increased risk of high grade prostate cancer.

I read all the papers and discussions around this issue.. Nobody (scientists) now if it is a risk or not. Some say finasteride made easier to detect the high grade ones, and that's why ppl on finasteride had more incidences than the non-finasteride group.. But, keep in mind that the increase was 0.5%. The non-finasteride group had 3% ppl with high grade, while the finasteride group had 3.5% ppl..

gkdmv2015HLT

Reaction score
I read all the papers and discussions around this issue.. Nobody (scientists) now if it is a risk or not. Some say finasteride made easier to detect the high grade ones, and that's why ppl on finasteride had more incidences than the non-finasteride group.. But, keep in mind that the increase was 0.5%. The non-finasteride group had 3% ppl with high grade, while the finasteride group had 3.5% ppl..

I've been on minoxidil since Jan 2015 and in the past 12 months, my hair has gotten much worse.(I've been thinning diffusely much more aggressively until I got on finasteride in Nov '15..Its been 75 days now and I feel like my hair shed is slowly getting under the control ) with 0 sides.

mandatswack

Reaction score
Wait, I thought I somewhere it was actually used to prevent prostate cancer.

Kian1810

Reaction score
Will be worth giving it a go, even if it doesn't work there is no harm in trying, ignore some of the idiots on here.

br1

Reaction score
Wait, I thought I somewhere it was actually used to prevent prostate cancer.

There was a trial for that. The results were (basically):

finasteride group had 28% less cancer

BUT, if one had cancer in the finasteride group, there was a 25% chance that it would be an aggressive one.

When compared with ppl no taking finasteride.

rathalos

Reaction score
Started finasteride a month ago, at first I was also worried about the sides but one day after a few drinks I went nuts and took my first pill.

Apart from the occasional testicle aches for the first few days I have had no other sides at all! After a week's treatment I am no longer seeing any hair on my pillow where prior to finasteride I would see at least 15 on my pillow.