Can you tell me my Norwood please ?

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I wonder what norwood am I ? I think I'm around NW2.25 or 2.5 but some people say I don't go bald while others tell me I'm already what looks like a Norwood 3. Could you give me your opinion please?

The last picture is a reference picture of my hair before it started to fall out. I was 18 on the picture and I'm now 25 in the other four pictures.

Attachments

• norwood2.png
    norwood2.png
    740.1 KB · Views: 286
  • norwood3.png
    norwood3.png
    465.9 KB · Views: 257
  • norwood4.png
    norwood4.png
    424.6 KB · Views: 242
  • norwood5.png
    norwood5.png
    900.7 KB · Views: 232
  • norwood1.png
    norwood1.png
    279 KB · Views: 221

Templah

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
why do you care about some number dude, your hair is what it is

NW2.25 or 2.5 probably

You will know that you're Nw3 when you reach it
2nd pic looks like me at 19
I reached nw3 a year later

Last edited:

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

NW2.25 or 2.5 probably

To know where I am! Find out if it's terrible and I need to take heavier treatments or if I'm still fine.

In just one year? I guess it will be less aggressive for me as I'm 25 but it shouldn't be long ... I don't know how long it takes on average to lose a norwood but one a year is tough.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Moderate recession with signs of continuing miniaturization. How long have you been on your current regimen? When did you start losing hair?

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Moderate recession with signs of continuing miniaturization. How long have you been on your current regimen? When did you start losing hair?
My current regimen is recent, I would say 2 months except the minoxidil which I have been using for 7 years which is the start of my recession.

But I am going to stop the finasteride I am starting to have sexual side effects. I intend to replace it with CB 5% once a day like EL duterino.

Which Norwood do you think it is?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

NW2.25 or 2.5 probably

Agree with NW2.5

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Currently a NW2 and like norwoody said signs that thinning is continuing. Take a picture from above with your hairline pulled back so we can judge how far back the thinning goes and what pattern you are heading to

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry I did not know.

I am attaching a picture View attachment 160622
Good news! Hair still looks very dense. The thinning is limited to the very front of your hairline. This is a sign that your balding is not leading to the higher norwoods any time soon. Worst case scenario I’d say is a thick nw3, however judging by the limited thinning there is I can’t see you getting there any time soon.

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good news! Hair still looks very dense. The thinning is limited to the very front of your hairline. This is a sign that your balding is not leading to the higher norwoods any time soon. Worst case scenario I’d say is a thick nw3, however judging by the limited thinning there is I can’t see you getting there any time soon.
Thank you for your answer, that's a bit reassuring! Only the future will tell us the truth but I hope you are right!

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer, that's a bit reassuring! Only the future will tell us the truth but I hope you are right!
No worries my man. I’ll attach a link with someone that has a similar hairline to you but is balding.
Can you see how the scalp can be seen deep into his hair creating a ‘chewed up’ look. This is when you should become worried.

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No worries my man. I’ll attach a link with someone that has a similar hairline to you but is balding.
Can you see how the scalp can be seen deep into his hair creating a ‘chewed up’ look. This is when you should become worried.
I should try with more light like him, maybe I'm almost the same ... Even if I think I'm in better conditions !

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I should try with more light like him, maybe I'm almost the same ... Even if I think I'm in better conditions !
If you want you can take the same picture with flash on but I don’t think it will make a ton of difference.

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you want you can take the same picture with flash on but I don’t think it will make a ton of difference.

I took the photo and it was the same as the first except the small point in front which is slightly thinned !