Can You Take Aggressive Anti-androgen For Regrowth And Then Switch To Cb For Maintenance?

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
both hydroxy flutamide and flutamide are toxic , read the studies.

In summary, we suggest that inhibition of bile acid efflux by flutamide and its 2-hydroxy metabolite may play a role in flutamide-induced liver injury. Both flutamide and 2-hydroxyflutamide are responsible for cytotoxicity if not metabolized.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17900172

You’re a clow. Oh-f is only very mildly aggravating to the liver and flutamide has been used for years at a time in clinical studies in doses up to 750mg daily. It’s liver toxicity is greatly exaggerated

On top of that oh-f being used topically only allows for a very minimal amount of absorption so even if it was liver toxic (which it practically isn’t) that would not be a concern. Anything under 100mg flutamide daily poses almost no risk to the liver.

Unlike you I didn’t promote ru for years without having any idea of its potential side effects or safety profile. Why don’t you try to take 750mg ru daily and report to us how long you are still alive? CLOWN!

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
only May work if the loss is very recent and the follicles still in good shape, wont work if you have lost hair for some time.

We do not have documented regrowth studies on Bica either, and the drug has been prescribed to older men for decades, well before propecia even came out

Once again, you’re a clown

Plenty of guys in the finasteride resistant hairloss group are getting regrowth from oral bica when they were still thinning on dutasteride. It works by the same principle as finasteride, reduce androgen receptor activation and stop androgenic alopecia, except they are far more effective than finasteride in doing so.

Also there are some studies where flutamide was shown to be effective for women’s hairloss which is far more difficult to treat than men’s.

Once again you are a useless bafoon and anyone who listens to you will only suffer as a result

el_duterino

Reaction score
”Once again you are a useless bafoon and anyone who listens to you will only suffer as a result””

Well they are not going to suffer side effects, because hydroxy flutamide has a serum half life of 9 hours so that makes it totally useless for hair maintenance.

Clascoterone has zero side effects, confirmed by several human studies.

Liver toxicity is only a bonus and not the main reason to not use this drug.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
”Once again you are a useless bafoon and anyone who listens to you will only suffer as a result””

Well they are not going to suffer side effects, because hydroxy flutamide has a serum half life of 9 hours so that makes it totally useless for hair maintenance.

Clascoterone has zero side effects, confirmed by several human studies.

Liver toxicity is only a bonus and not the main reason to not use this drug.

Any amount of topically penetrated oh-f is not going to be able to block the ARs anywhere outside of the scalp since it’s IC50 is 50-100x higher than testosterone.

You don’t even understand any of the science...

you’re also a coward for responding to people without quoting them when they are critical of your points. This has been a common theme with you.

You’re a joke. You claim to have maintained with ru for decades which just shows that your hairloss hasn’t been progressing ever since you started using ru and you’ve just been applying a toxic lotion on your scalp every day thinking it’s doing something.

Now you’re recommending CB which was shown to be less effective than finasteride even when applied daily and you aren’t able to admit that.

Post pictures of your hair to have a shred of credibility. As for the people hare, never take advice from a guy as old as this who’s had a hair transplant with regards to what treatments work. He’s far behind in his understanding of the basic science, and will just post small little quotes of studies that affirm his view point when in reality it’s the complete opposite

But if any of you wanna believe a guy who claims to have maintained his hair with ru for 20 years then you deserve whatever happens to you

el_duterino

Reaction score
Any amount of topically penetrated oh-f is not going to be able to block the ARs anywhere outside of the scalp since it’s IC50 is 50-100x higher than testosterone.

Have you read the studies ? hydroxy flutamide has a serum half life of 8-9 hours so its stays active in the body for more than 10 hours and its very powerful, so you WILL get side effects sooner or later, making this totally useless for male pattern baldness.

I used Flutamide topically myself, a decade before you even knew about this stuff, and got strong side worse than finasteride or dutasteride.
Plus its a known liver toxic drug not something you want to take for a long time, even if androgenic side effects do not bother you

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you read the studies ? hydroxy flutamide has a serum half life of 8-9 hours so its stays active in the body for more than 10 hours and its very powerful, so you WILL get side effects sooner or later, making this totally useless for male pattern baldness.

I used Flutamide topically myself, a decade before you even knew about this stuff, and got strong side worse than finasteride or dutasteride.
Plus its a known liver toxic drug not something you want to take for a long time, even if androgenic side effects do not bother you

If the half life is under 12 hours it literally doesn't matter as you wont get systemic buildup. There is no advantage to an AA being active for just 1 hour - if anything its undesirable.

Flutamide topically wouldn't even work because the enzyme to convert isn't present in the skin - only liver.

Systemic absorption from what research i've seen is 2-8% assuming you're actually penetrating the skin. 2% of even 100mg applied topically is 2mg (2-8mg) . A beer is probably more liver toxic.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the half life is under 12 hours it literally doesn't matter as you wont get systemic buildup. There is no advantage to an AA being active for just 1 hour - if anything its undesirable.

Flutamide topically wouldn't even work because the enzyme to convert isn't present in the skin - only liver.

Systemic absorption from what research i've seen is 2-8% assuming you're actually penetrating the skin. 2% of even 100mg applied topically is 2mg (2-8mg) . A beer is probably more liver toxic.

He is a clueless moron. The fact that he's bragging about using flutamide 10 years ago just shows how little understanding of the subject he has.
On top of that he doesn't even understand the concept of an IC50...

Don't waste your time with him bro

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ollie

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/on-finesteride-since-2002-recent-changes.125328/

Post from a few day ago. This bloke has clearly upregulated after being all good for 15 years on .5mg. As soon as he tried to come down from 5mg a year ago the weaker doses (3.5mg) have ceased to have an affect, despite .5mg working only a year ago. Far too correlative to be a coincidence. Clear case of upregulation being real, at least for finasteride!

Hmm interesting. I know a user on one of the discords has gone from 1mg (was giving good maintenance) to 5mg and that increase has allowed him to recover a lot of ground (good regrowth) . It might be that when you taper down to a smaller dose, only the hair that you gained from such an increase is what falls out. Tbh im still not sold on the regulation topic either way and still sit on the fence. Thanks for the link Screeech

el_duterino

Reaction score
This is what happens when we use those systemic drugs - whether orally or topically it does not matter much, because the body knows that the androgen levels are low and up-regulates by producing more androgen receptors.

For finasteride this has been documented already a long time ago in studies by Dr Sawaya.

This is exactly where a drug like Clascoterone aka CB, is working great over time, as it has zero systemic effect so the body will not up-regulate as it has no reason to.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what happens when we use those systemic drugs - whether orally or topically it does not matter much, because the body knows that the androgen levels are low and up-regulates by producing more androgen receptors.

For finasteride this has been documented already a long time ago in studies by Dr Sawaya.

This is exactly where a drug like Clascoterone aka CB, is working great over time, as it has zero systemic effect so the body will not up-regulate as it has no reason to.

CBs 12 month results showed regression from their 6 month results...

I have nothing against CB and hope it works out great btw. But it’s not looking good for it atm