can you see kerasome or toppik?

G

im using kerasome. but you can see it. not because the color doesnt match but you just see it. at least that my mother and dad tell me. if i look in the mirror, i dont see it and on fotos you dont see it either.

i dunno. do you guys think you can see kerasome or toppik or other stuff?

beaner

Reaction score
I've always wondered that as well. I used to use it daily and to me it looked pretty good and a few people that knew I was using it said they couldn't tell. However, I was always still a bit paranoid when in bright sunlight or in a dark club/bar with the lights that always seem to make my hair look worse. I think, though, that when applied sparingly and not dumped on the head, it's quite effective under normal lighting conditions. One does need, however, to still have a good amount of hair and I wouldn't recommend it to extremely diffuse or slick bald guys.

G

ya, i have very bad diffuse thinning. and i think you can see the kerasome. or before the toppik. thats why i know want to get transplants. then i will have more hair and well if im lucky i wont need it anymore and if im unlucky at least i dont need so much anymore and you dont see it that much anymore.

beaner

Reaction score
Maybe try dermmatch if you think your too thin for toppik. That apparently colors the scalp and coats the hairs and I've heard nothing but good things about it. Another suggestion for toppik is to actually sort of rub it around in your hair. This tends to help the fibers stick more to the hair shaft and less is just sitting on the scalp. Also, again don't use much. I never tried to obtain a thick head of hair with it....just enough to make it look a bit fuller.

G

hey! i think that with rubbing it into the hair is a good idea. i already do that on my crown and it helps making it look more naturally. thx for the tip, i will try that in my front too.

CCS

Reaction score
wow, i never used that stuff. i guess that is for people who want to start living their life today. I'm saving my money and research time to find a baldness cure. I guess maybe i should try that stuff. i just figured that since my muscles aren't that big yet, maybe it would just be a waste of money for me and i should spend the money after I have everything else fixed. good luck with that, guys. i also wear crappy cloths because I don't think good clothes would make a difference, and I'd rather save my money for grafts, and get the good clothes later when i think it will matter. But that is just me. you guys might be closer to your goals and the dermatch may give you the final push you need to jump into the dating world.

beaner

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
wow, i never used that stuff. i guess that is for people who want to start living their life today. I'm saving my money and research time to find a baldness cure. I guess maybe i should try that stuff. i just figured that since my muscles aren't that big yet, maybe it would just be a waste of money for me and i should spend the money after I have everything else fixed. good luck with that, guys. i also wear crappy cloths because I don't think good clothes would make a difference, and I'd rather save my money for grafts, and get the good clothes later when i think it will matter. But that is just me. you guys might be closer to your goals and the dermatch may give you the final push you need to jump into the dating world.

Well, Toppik is certainly not something I needed for a 'final push' into the dating world. I've never had a problem with women regardless of what my hair looked like. I wasn't even aware of things like toppik/dermmatch until 4 years ago or so...when I was 33 and a NW3v or 4. College, you have terrible outlook on things....so you're going to sit around in crappy clothes until you get your transplant and/or find a cure for baldness? Dude, you need to get your *** away from the computer and live your life NOW.....you could get hit by a bus tomorrow. So get up, get dressed in the best of your worst, go find a little cutie with a bald spot, and dazzle her man.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Beaner, I completely agree.

College - no offense, but you're not going to conquer this thing through sitting in front of the computer 24/7. You will conquer it by adopting an optimistic attitude, not allowing male pattern baldness or your research to control your every thought and action. You need to find the strength to take risks, and develop thicker skin for times when those risks don't pan out.

Crappy clothes DO matter, unless you're out working in the garden or painting the house. You don't have to source a GQ wardrobe, but you need to have some basics that will tailor your image while in public. First impressions are just that - if you look like you don't care about yourself, you're not going to attract the kind of attention you seek regardless of your hair.

The fact is, you probably won't ever have things "fixed" to YOUR current liking for years, if ever. Your eyes may never see things as being "fixed." You can't just sit in a bubble looking at the outside passing you by in the interim. You need to get out there today. Ask one of your female friends to assist you at the mall in buying some core clothes. Do a little research and find stores that are having sales today. She can help. Make an afternoon out of it and have a little fun. Don't do it alone because you need her expertise. Girls love to help clueless guys shop...and most of us are clueless to some extent.

Get two or three pairs of trousers, 5 or 6 shirts, and some accessories - a couple new belts and 2 pair of new shoes. Your accomplice can help you with styles and maximizing the flexibility of what you buy. What you want are things that "go" with pretty much everything else you buy so you don't inadvertantly dress in a combination that doesn't match. Make one pair of pants some nice "going out" jeans. Are you willing to make this improvement? You won't believe how your confidence will increase when you know you look good.

I know you don't like the club/bar scene and that's fine. There are plenty of other destinations for meeting people. Museums, coffee shops, church groups, bookstores, and campus events are just a few. Hiking/biking is great and you should continue that - but you're not going to expand your social horizons by heading off alone every time.

Try not using the computer for hairloss research purposes for a few days. This is a big part of your problem. Instead of spending those hours glued to the screen, get out of the house. It doesn't matter what you do, just do something in which you're around other people. You need to break out of your self-imposed jail. You don't see yourself as being fit for public consumption, but that's just not the case.

G

ya, you re all right. college , you have to first work on your psychological problems. i think it was a bad decision to get transplants (strip) before you fix your mind. you pretty have to work on that. you need another attitude. i know thats not easy to get. i think talking about your problems helps a lot. and not on a hairloss site where everyone is depressed about hairloss. talk with people in the real world. read a book how to get a better attitude. there must be one. go make hypnosis. they change your subconscious and change the way you think.

what may help to is autosuggestion. imagine you are bald and happy. (okay i know though one) but try. and try to feel something very positive while imagine that. then do this everyday.

sometime you will believe you can be happy bald. but important is that you feel something while imagine that. if you just imagine without emotions it wont help ANYTHING. like i said...life is made of emotions. ;) try that one. it can even help you with other goals. if you wanna have anything , imagine you already have it + feel something positive while doing that. that helps a lot to really get it.

what even helps a lot to get happy with something is to have happy moments with people. try to get these. dont always go for the coolest people and the hottest chicks. they are often arrogant and you wont get compliments or positve moments with them.

when you get to the point that you KNOW you can have happy moments while being with someone and really have these moments then you are over it.

see, your mind has to fit with your body. if you get to this point you will be happy bald too. and that means, that you are happy while being together with one or more people. you need to fix your mind.

you need to act a way which makes you happy while being together with someone else.

i know , tough. you have to start small. first try to be happy while being with your mom or your dad. then try to be happy while being with someone who isnt that confident. at last there come hot chicks. hot chicks are hardest to handle.

ya, i think thats your fault. you stay to much at hot chicks and confident people. i know you like more to be with such people because they are cooler or something but for first search for people who are not that confident. then learn and when you have learned go back to the chicks.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Helpme007 - I am so happy to see the beginning of your transformation. Not long ago you were severely in the dumps. Now you've lifted yourself up, at least to some extent. This is a great beginning for you - way to go! I love to see guys change their thought processes and become more optimistic, life-loving individuals. I don't mean to say that you're home free - but friend, I have seen some BIG changes in your recent posts and I couldn't be happier for you. Keep it up and you'll continue to progress. You will be well-served by the rays of optimism you have shown lately. Welcome back.

G

thx :) that makes me happy that you see it like that. werent you the one who told me being the worst person on this site or something like that? nice change.

G

hey you know what? you are really right. i changed. im more adult now. im not living at home anymore, i got my own flat now. and im more grown up. and i dont think so much about death anymore. only less times. i dont smoke anymore. ya i really changed. :)

CCS

Reaction score
I don't care how "cool" people are. I like the hot chicks though because of their sex appeal to me. but you are right, though. My hot acquaintance Patricia was very arrogant. i think she just hung around be for the attention an so she could feel superior to me, even though she was very hypocritical. I'm not convinced I can get a hot chick just by changing my attitude. But I do think I can make my life happier if go for some decent looking women who are only slightly below average looking and like me. I'm worried that if I get in shape and she does not want to, then I might have the break up with her, which will not be fun. Or what if she does get in shape, but only for me, and she does not like it, and maybe years down the line goes back to her old ways after I'm tied to her. That's why I want to get a woman who is in shape, but just has a lot of acne and perhaps body hair. That way when I'm in shape and graduate from college, I can just pay for laser hair removal and some acne treatments and we are perfectly matched. I'll have to find women who have a lot in common with me, of course, but that will be fun, since I'll be confident knowing they are in my league, and I can just focus on social interactions and not worry about having to compensate on top of that.

G

damn, get another point of view. you say you want to get a chick and later change her? i think you should take someone like she is. and if she wants to change something then its her decision but i think you cant try to get someone with the thought to change her later. thats crazy.

i think these thoughts which you have make your problem . you think to superficial. and since you dont match in the view of superficial people you have a problem.

G

but see, if you accept that that your attitude makes your problems and if you want to change something , thats a good start. then you really gona change something for future. but it may take a half year or something. that you should know. it doesnt come over night. sometime it will make click and you are happy. but until this moment its hard work on yourself.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
helpme007 said:
thx :) that makes me happy that you see it like that. werent you the one who told me being the worst person on this site or something like that? nice change.

Yes, that was me...and you truly were. At the time you were dispensing some rather wreckless rhetoric that I was compelled to squelch. Hopefully you are no longer of that mind.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I don't care how "cool" people are. I like the hot chicks though because of their sex appeal to me. but you are right, though. My hot acquaintance Patricia was very arrogant. i think she just hung around be for the attention an so she could feel superior to me, even though she was very hypocritical. I'm not convinced I can get a hot chick just by changing my attitude. But I do think I can make my life happier if go for some decent looking women who are only slightly below average looking and like me. I'm worried that if I get in shape and she does not want to, then I might have the break up with her, which will not be fun. Or what if she does get in shape, but only for me, and she does not like it, and maybe years down the line goes back to her old ways after I'm tied to her. That's why I want to get a woman who is in shape, but just has a lot of acne and perhaps body hair. That way when I'm in shape and graduate from college, I can just pay for laser hair removal and some acne treatments and we are perfectly matched. I'll have to find women who have a lot in common with me, of course, but that will be fun, since I'll be confident knowing they are in my league, and I can just focus on social interactions and not worry about having to compensate on top of that.

Wow. You are worrying things that don't even exist, and that aren't even likely to proceed in the order you imagine. Part of your problem may be the thought process above. Have you seen a doctor about anxiety or related conditions? I can't believe you sat down and formulated the plan above. Try to loosen up a bit and, for lack of better words, "go with the flow."

G

yes, he s crazy. he wants to change his girlfriend surgically. which he doesnt even have.

its all in your mind. even that you did this hair transplant. damn. you should nt have done this . not before you fix your mind problems. fix these first. and then go for hair transplant or whatever.

G

damn , college, get of this mind. get off it!!!!! change it. i guess i have to tell you a thousand times and then you ll do it.