Can You Make A Diy Topical Finasteride By Crushing Pills?

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help! I really appreciate it.
I have finished my exam today and I got a bottle of liquid minoxidil and some 5mg finasteride pills.
I’ll crush two pills(10mg) and put it in the bottle (I know it’s a very low dose but I want to start low and then increase it gradually so I can have a small amount of filler.)
I’ll apply 1ml daily at night and then wash my hair in the morning.
I’ll update this thread in about a month and let you know how it goes if anyone is interested.

Rodolfo Schmidt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help! I really appreciate it.
I have finished my exam today and I got a bottle of liquid minoxidil and some 5mg finasteride pills.
I’ll crush two pills(10mg) and put it in the bottle (I know it’s a very low dose but I want to start low and then increase it gradually so I can have a small amount of filler.)
I’ll apply 1ml daily at night and then wash my hair in the morning.
I’ll update this thread in about a month and let you know how it goes if anyone is interested.

Hey, how is it going with topical finasteride. It has been almost 5 months. I would like to give it a try.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, how is it going with topical finasteride. It has been almost 5 months. I would like to give it a try.
Oh hi, I switched to oral finasteride, topical finasteride just didn’t do anything for me, I even tries H&W topical one and that didn’t work either. I don’t recommend it.

newgrowth

My Regimen
Reaction score
In practice you don't need a lot of tablets.

The effective dose of the drug is 0.05-0.10 mg/day. So a 5mg pill gives you at least 50 servings. In other words, a single 5 mg proscar pill dissolved into 60 ml of liquid minoxidil will give you all of the finasteride you need if you plan to use between 1 and 2 ml a day.

Has anyone had success with simply dropping a pill into liquid minoxidil? Any reason to think this wouldn't dissolve correctly?

I'd like to try topical finasteride and start off at a low dose.

In this YouTube Video this guy discusses how to make topical finasteride and a study that showed .1% finasteride applied topically improved results:

So... if I have 1mg pills of finasteride, and I'm trying to get .1% finasteride, I would simply drop 6 pills in a 60ml bottle of minoxidil?

Hakandogan

Reaction score
Has anyone had success with simply dropping a pill into liquid minoxidil? Any reason to think this wouldn't dissolve correctly?

I'd like to try topical finasteride and start off at a low dose.

In this YouTube Video this guy discusses how to make topical finasteride and a study that showed .1% finasteride applied topically improved results:

So... if I have 1mg pills of finasteride, and I'm trying to get .1% finasteride, I would simply drop 6 pills in a 60ml bottle of minoxidil?

To make a 0.1% solution, you will need to put 12 pieces 5mg finasteride in 60 ml of minoxidil.

persistentone

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone studied how many days does it take for topical finasteride to reach systemic circulation and lower serum DHT?

Given the low half life of finasteride, could you simply cycle it and do a few days on and then the rest of the week off? If you could lower DHT at the hair follicles for three out of seven days a week, would that have any value? How important is it for the DHT level to stay low for weeks at a time? Has that even been studied?

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone studied how many days does it take for topical finasteride to reach systemic circulation and lower serum DHT?

Given the low half life of finasteride, could you simply cycle it and do a few days on and then the rest of the week off? If you could lower DHT at the hair follicles for three out of seven days a week, would that have any value? How important is it for the DHT level to stay low for weeks at a time? Has that even been studied?

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...mpany-offers-topical-finasteride-then.124104/

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Dr. Wong from Hasson and Wong has prescribed me their specialized topical compound and recommended that I start by applying once every 2-3 days. So yes I think there is merit to this idea. I am picking up a 3 month supply at the end of this week and will likely create a thread to keep track of my progress. My goal is to stabilize hairloss within a year and possibly have an FUE procedure next year.