Can You Make A Diy Topical Finasteride By Crushing Pills?

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Long story short: I had sides on oral finasteride and I live in a shitty third world country so buying and importing topical finasteride would cost a lot of money and take a long time to arrive.

Question: Can I crush finasteride pills and dump them in kirkland minoxidil liquid?

I don’t know a lot about chemistry so I would appreciate your help.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Long story short: I had sides on oral finasteride and I live in a shitty third world country so buying and importing topical finasteride would cost a lot of money and take a long time to arrive.

Question: Can I crush finasteride pills and dump them in kirkland minoxidil liquid?

I don’t know a lot about chemistry so I would appreciate your help.
I’ve seen people buy fina powder and mix it up with ethanol and pg, not sure about the tablets. You can buy premiere minoxidil With fina I believe from minoxidilmax.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I’ve heard that it can be effective. I’m just wondering if I can make one myself.
Thank you for your response though!

I’ve seen people buy fina powder and mix it up with ethanol and pg, not sure about the tablets. You can buy premiere minoxidil With fina I believe from minoxidilmax.

Yes! You’re right, the problem is that I live in a third world country so not only that shipping would cost me a lot but it would take a very long time to arrive. I’ve ordered some rogaine about 2 months and it hasn’t arrived yet sadly.
So making one myself is the only viable solution.
Appreciate your response though!

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I’ve heard that it can be effective. I’m just wondering if I can make one myself.
Thank you for your response though!

Yes! You’re right, the problem is that I live in a third world country so not only that shipping would cost me a lot but it would take a very long time to arrive. I’ve ordered some rogaine about 2 months and it hasn’t arrived yet sadly.
So making one myself is the only viable solution.
Appreciate your response though!
Wow you can’t buy generic minoxidil somewhere in your country? Where are you from?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score

I have not studied the solubility of finasteride so i dont know exactly. But in principle it would be fine. The problem you will encounter is the pills are overwhelmingly filler. I just measured a 5 mg tablet of finasteride. It weighs 150 mg. This means the pill is 97% filler.

This filler is likely harmless if you apply it to your scalp. But if you try to dissolve enough tablets in something like minoxidil you might get so much filler in there the whole thing turns into a paste. I'm not sure. It would depend on how much you were trying to get.

The simplest method would probably be to apply to your scalp roughly the same dose you're taking by mouth. That way even if it all absorbs you won't have any worse side effects. And if it mostly stays in the scalp your sides will reduce. If you get maintenance, you can then try reducing the dose.

So you could try crushing and dissolving 0.5-1 mg of finasteride in every 2-3 ml of minoxidil and apply once or twice daily. See what happens. Otherwise see if there are any compounding pharmacies in your city and if they can order in finasteride powder for you to mix with.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have not studied the solubility of finasteride so i dont know exactly. But in principle it would be fine. The problem you will encounter is the pills are overwhelmingly filler. I just measured a 5 mg tablet of finasteride. It weighs 150 mg. This means the pill is 97% filler.

This filler is likely harmless if you apply it to your scalp. But if you try to dissolve enough tablets in something like minoxidil you might get so much filler in there the whole thing turns into a paste. I'm not sure. It would depend on how much you were trying to get.

The simplest method would probably be to apply to your scalp roughly the same dose you're taking by mouth. That way even if it all absorbs you won't have any worse side effects. And if it mostly stays in the scalp your sides will reduce. If you get maintenance, you can then try reducing the dose.

So you could try crushing and dissolving 0.5-1 mg of finasteride in every 2-3 ml of minoxidil and apply once or twice daily. See what happens. Otherwise see if there are any compounding pharmacies in your city and if they can order in finasteride powder for you to mix with.

In practice you don't need a lot of tablets.

The effective dose of the drug is 0.05-0.10 mg/day. So a 5mg pill gives you at least 50 servings. In other words, a single 5 mg proscar pill dissolved into 60 ml of liquid minoxidil will give you all of the finasteride you need if you plan to use between 1 and 2 ml a day.

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
you have to solve 10mg finasterid in 20ml minoxidil. wait 24h and shake it a few times. it will last ten days when you apply 2ml a day and the daily finasterid does is 1mg. use a dermaroller, so everything can penetrate better.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you have to solve 10mg finasterid in 20ml minoxidil. wait 24h and shake it a few times. it will last ten days when you apply 2ml a day and the daily finasterid does is 1mg. use a dermaroller, so everything can penetrate better.
If you’re trying to avoid sides, definitely DO NOT dermaroll. The whole point is to avoid the drug from going systemic (entering the blood stream).

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
If you’re trying to avoid sides, definitely DO NOT dermaroll. The whole point is to avoid the drug from going systemic (entering the blood stream).

just use 0,5mm dermaroller, should be no problem. why are you so scared, it will not go as systemic as an oral dose does.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just use 0,5mm dermaroller, should be no problem. why are you so scared, it will not go as systemic as an oral dose does.
True, but he said he wanted to avoid sides and applying after dermarolling will get that sh*t all up in yo bloodstream... although at a lesser extent than oral

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anything you think of, it’s already been thought about by legit scientists. So if it’s not out in the market, it’s not possible. At least not with a product that’s been out as long as finnastride.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anything you think of, it’s already been thought about by legit scientists. So if it’s not out in the market, it’s not possible. At least not with a product that’s been out as long as finnastride.

Not exactly. Topical finasteride in my opinion will never reach the market because finasteride is poisonous to developing fetuses and children. Ie. It will f*** up their development.

Topical finasteride has been tested many times but never sold as a commercial product because any company that sold it would be opening themselves up to risk of massive lawsuits. All it would take is one wife/girlfriend of a customer to have a deformed baby from contact transfer etc.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

You'd want to make it out of raw powder, ideally. It's soluble in ethanol so you could filter it out that way, but it still wouldn't be entirely clean. You'd have to use coffee filters or something to sift off all the junk from the pills.

At the end of it all, it will still end up systemic. Maybe not in the same amounts, but it's debatable how effective it will even be at that point. I haven't seen much success with topical Finasteride.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr is right.

If the Finasteride penetrates your scalp you will get the desired effect (no hairloss) but also sides. Or it never enters your scalp bc of poor penetration.

It is not possible to have topical finasteride to get to your hair bulbs but not into your bloodstream.

There are many threads here about Hassons and Wong topical finasteride that uses a special vehicle, but I think nothing really came of it.

What is somewhat effective and has less sides is ru58441. For example @Swoop takes finasteride until he gets sides than switches to ru for half a year and then back.

I have slight sides on finasteride ( water sperm) and i try to low dose finasteride and use ru at the same time.
0.25-0.5 mg finasteride and 50mg ru per day.
As the illegal german pharmacy where I bought my fincar was raided, I use now one 5mg proscar pill dissolved in 10ml vodka for two weeks. ~1ml vodka per day.

That is still overkill /overdose but my hairloss is quite aggressive. I will likely dose ever lower in the future.

I would try to switch to ru if you can afford it and it's available. And experiment with low dose finasteride.

If your sides are only general loss of libido & agressiveness, lifting and sports helped for me. Our sedetary lifestyle is death for testo levels anyway even without finasteride.