Can You Guys Please Help Me For A Dupa ?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't have questionable rates of success. Check out studies/researches, anecdotes on reddit.
Whether it is a life sentence or not is debatable. People growing beard with minoxidil retain their hair after they drop minoxidil given their hair are terminal not vellus.
Morever, I've seen people retain hair after stopping minoxidil., but they consciously or unconsciously do sth for fibrosis and calcification (like massaging or derma rolling etc) or they take Finasteride.

In India it cost me roughly 600rs or 8.5$ for a monthly(?) supply of MorrF which has minoxidil 5% and fina .1% as its ingredients, and it certain is not costly. However, for most Indians, it may be mildly costly, since we're not a very developed country yet.

Its rate of success is based on studies. When used on its own, the effectiveness is insignificant; in my opinion, medications which can't be used on their own shouldn't be classed as a viable option.

It is a life sentence, since there is a difference between beard hair and scalp hair. One of them is being attacked by androgens till the point of miniaturisation, and one isn't. It's similar to topical minoxidil being used to treat telogen effluvium in female patients, and then having the ability to drop it since miniaturisation wouldn't occur. That situation would not be applicable to someone suffering with androgenic alopecia. Realistically, it's finasteride/dutasteride which provide sufficient results.

In the country I live in, topical minoxidil is costly. And it's costly because it's not worth the money, especially since finasteride is cheaper and dutasteride is slightly more expensive. But, they both provide significantly better results.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its rate of success is based on studies. When used on its own, the effectiveness is insignificant; in my opinion, medications which can't be used on their own shouldn't be classed as a viable option.

It is a life sentence, since there is a difference between beard hair and scalp hair. One of them is being attacked by androgens till the point of miniaturisation, and one isn't. It's similar to topical minoxidil being used to treat telogen effluvium in female patients, and then having the ability to drop it since miniaturisation wouldn't occur. That situation would not be applicable to someone suffering with androgenic alopecia. Realistically, it's finasteride/dutasteride which provide sufficient results.

In the country I live in, topical minoxidil is costly. And it's costly because it's not worth the money, especially since finasteride is cheaper and dutasteride is slightly more expensive. But, they both provide significantly better results.
Insignificant in sense? Arresting hairloss? Yes, because it is a hair growth stimulant.

Agree. Finasteride is just amazing when it comes to arresting hair loss, it's just regrowth that is provided better by minoxidil. Moreover, I as well as some others on this forums believe, that since minoxidil stimulates blood flow, helps with calcification, it's the best aid to Finasteride.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Why don't you try Minoxidil and fina topical combo? I've read it works really well.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Insignificant in sense? Arresting hairloss? Yes, because it is a hair growth stimulant.

Agree. Finasteride is just amazing when it comes to arresting hair loss, it's just regrowth that is provided better by minoxidil. Moreover, I as well as some others on this forums believe, that since minoxidil stimulates blood flow, helps with calcification, it's the best aid to Finasteride.

Although, finasteride/dutasteride provide regrowth due to an increase in estrogen. I don’t think topical minoxidil is necessary if your estrogen levels have raised greatly enough to provide regrowth.

Topical minoxidil may potentially aid in regrowth, however it’s the type of regrowth people should avoid since it’s dependant in persistent use.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don't you try Minoxidil and fina topical combo? I've read it works really well.

I wouldn’t. Within the regimen I am using, it’s significantly more powerful than topical minoxidil, finasteride and dutasteride combined. Although, I might add oral minoxidil one day since it works in synergy with the regimen I’m on. I am not entirely sure yet, since one member regrets using oral minoxidil since it’s an official life sentence, whilst I could take a long break from estrogen and there wouldn’t be much issues.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Although, finasteride/dutasteride provide regrowth due to an increase in estrogen. I don’t think topical minoxidil is necessary if your estrogen levels have raised greatly enough to provide regrowth.

Topical minoxidil may potentially aid in regrowth, however it’s the type of regrowth people should avoid since it’s dependant in persistent use.
Oh, I thought they just reduce DHT in body and therefore in scalp. Never mind, I'm new here.

A quick question: if they increase estrogen, are there chances that it'd provide me womanly characteristics? How much do you think is the probability of getting Ed in a man aged 20? Normally asking.

Last edited:

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, I thought they just reduce DHT in body and therefore in scalp. Never mind, I'm new here.

A quick question: if they increase estrogen, are there chances that it'd provide me womanly characteristics? How much do you think is the probability of getting Ed in a man aged 20? Normally asking.

It depends on how sensitive you are to the effects of estrogen. Although, I highly doubt feminisation would occur on finasteride/dutasteride. It doesn’t raise estrogen levels enough, but it’s probably enough to do something. I do think you could get ED, but I am not entirely sure.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends on how sensitive you are to the effects of estrogen. Although, I highly doubt feminisation would occur on finasteride/dutasteride. It doesn’t raise estrogen levels enough, but it’s probably enough to do something. I do think you could get ED, but I am not entirely sure.
Thanks @Ikarus for all the help.

I'm not sure what kind of hairloss I have - I've been losing hair since I was 15; losing them all over the scalp. What they call diffuse thinning. My father as well as grandfather have very few hair, I'm however not sure of their hair fall(but it must be there else why'd they have so less hair).

I'm 19 now, has only 50/60% of hair left. Last month I went to a very reputed dermatologist, who diagnosed me with vit. 12 and vitD deficiency and he actually believes that these are causing my hairloss. However, taking supplements for these hasn't done a zilch. And so I'm tempted to believe it's DHT which is causing my hair to fall.

What do you think could be the factor in my case?
At this point, I can't wait so I've already started minoxidil.
Should I jump to big3 by myself? My next appointment is on 28th this month, but now I just can let a single day go without treatment.

Thank-you once again. I wish you best in your journey with estrogen. (Although I think it is little extreme, but that's what a person can do after big3)

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks @Ikarus for all the help.

I'm not sure what kind of hairloss I have - I've been losing hair since I was 15; losing them all over the scalp. What they call diffuse thinning. My father as well as grandfather have very few hair, I'm however not sure of their hair fall(but it must be there else why'd they have so less hair).

I'm 19 now, has only 50/60% of hair left. Last month I went to a very reputed dermatologist, who diagnosed me with vit. 12 and vitD deficiency and he actually believes that these are causing my hairloss. However, taking supplements for these hasn't done a zilch. And so I'm tempted to believe it's DHT which is causing my hair to fall.

What do you think could be the factor in my case?
At this point, I can't wait so I've already started minoxidil.
Should I jump to big3 by myself? My next appointment is on 28th this month, but now I just can let a single day go without treatment.

Thank-you once again. I wish you best in your journey with estrogen. (Although I think it is little extreme, but that's what a person can do after big3)

Your situation is the same as mine; I began losing mine at fourteen and they diagnosed it as a zinc deficiency. It wasn’t true, it was premature balding. I am nineteen now, and I have lost around 50% of my hair (diffuse thinning, similar to female pattern baldness). I didn’t bother with finasteride/dutasteride since it is seemingly useless if you began losing your hair at a young age.

I don’t recommend estrogen for most people although it is powerful. However, I do recommend bicalutamide along with dutasteride. I don’t think the big three is as great as people make it out to be, and it seems like such a huge effort.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your situation is the same as mine; I began losing mine at fourteen and they diagnosed it as a zinc deficiency. It wasn’t true, it was premature balding. I am nineteen now, and I have lost around 50% of my hair (diffuse thinning, similar to female pattern baldness). I didn’t bother with finasteride/dutasteride since it is seemingly useless if you began losing your hair at a young age.

I don’t recommend estrogen for most people although it is powerful. However, I do recommend bicalutamide along with dutasteride. I don’t think the big three is as great as people make it out to be, and it seems like such a huge effort.
Thanks dude. So, we're on same boat.

"I didn’t bother with finasteride/dutasteride since it is seemingly useless if you began losing your hair at a young age." please don't say this; take your words back.

The only time I didn't have hairloss was for 5-7 days when I was given steroids as a part of treatment of scabies.

Just read about Bicalutamide, I'm afraid I will never have the guts to take these drugs.

Given my details, any advice for me. (I'll probably start with 'minoxidil +fina topical' + Fina oral + some others for calcification, fibrosis and inflammation.)

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks dude. So, we're on same boat.

"I didn’t bother with finasteride/dutasteride since it is seemingly useless if you began losing your hair at a young age." please don't say this; take your words back.

The only time I didn't have hairloss was for 5-7 days when I was given steroids as a part of treatment of scabies.

Just read about Bicalutamide, I'm afraid I will never have the guts to take these drugs.

Given my details, any advice for me. (I'll probably start with 'minoxidil +fina topical' + Fina oral + some others for calcification, fibrosis and inflammation.)

You definitely can start off with that, although I do think bicalutamide is a viable option. It’s not as worrisome as it appears.

If you do decide to use topical minoxidil, make sure to use a shampoo which fights against a dry scalp.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You definitely can start off with that, although I do think bicalutamide is a viable option. It’s not as worrisome as it appears.

If you do decide to use topical minoxidil, make sure to use a shampoo which fights against a dry scalp.
Yupp, I will. Thank you!

Probably a last question, I lose only 10 to 30 hairs a day, stimes even less, but I loose them consistently and density is low. Does the fact that I lose alot less means that I might not have DHT-inducing hairloss? I've read here that people lose 200-300 hair per day. I mean that's huge, humongous; it that were to happen to me, I'd completely bald in 10 to 20 days.

Once again, hearty thanks! Bye.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yupp, I will. Thank you!

Probably a last question, I lose only 10 to 30 hairs a day, stimes even less, but I loose them consistently and density is low. Does the fact that I lose alot less means that I might not have DHT-inducing hairloss? I've read here that people lose 200-300 hair per day. I mean that's huge, humongous; it that were to happen to me, I'd completely bald in 10 to 20 days.

Once again, hearty thanks! Bye.

Shedding isn’t relevant, in my opinion. It depends on if the hairs regrow or not; for example, some of my female family members shed masses amount of hair yet their hair is thick. It’s because the hairs regrow and aren’t attacked by androgens.

By the way, do you have an image of your hair?

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding isn’t relevant, in my opinion. It depends on if the hairs regrow or not; for example, some of my female family members shed masses amount of hair yet their hair is thick. It’s because the hairs regrow and aren’t attacked by androgens.

By the way, do you have an image of your hair?

Ditto for female members things.

I don't. I will take 2-3 images today and post them here. They'll help me track the progress since I've started big2 (I just popped my first fina pill at 3am in night lol) and will be buying Nizoral today.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! @Ikarus. I need a help.

I've been reading alot about hairloss for past few weeks. I stumbled across a page today which surprised me.

https://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/threads/12278-Indomethacin

Do you have any knowledge of this? Indomethacin. Which they say completely stops hair loss.

Have taken just a pic now, so uploading. I've relatively lesser hair on crown, but I loose all over the scalp.

Attachments

• IMG_20190523_124732.jpg
    IMG_20190523_124732.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 187

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I've been reading alot about hairloss for past few weeks. I stumbled across a page today which surprised me.

Do you have any knowledge of this? Indomethacin. Which they say completely stops hair loss.

Have taken just a pic now, so uploading. I've relatively lesser hair on crown, but I loose all over the scalp.

I have no idea what that is. I think you would respond well to finasteride, since your hair loss isn’t bad at all.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair is thick, but it’s hard to maintain ideal thickness by not having a regimen.
So start educating yourself.. DHT is eventually going to start negatively effecting.
So good grooming. Find your regimen.

frncmsin

My Regimen
Reaction score

Maybe you can take Finastéride + using a derma-roller with some apple cider vinegar instead of the minoxidil ? since the apple cider vinegar is also increasing the passage in the blood. I don't know if it's the same thing but you can try.
I use the apple cider vinegar (without a derma-roller for now) and my hair are way more thicker.
I recommend you to do it once a week.
Here's a link : https://www.naturallivingideas.com/wash-hair-with-apple-cider-vinegar-rinse/

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I know thanks luv.
Do you think that Finastéride will work for me? judging by the pics that I posted.

It most likely should, it does work for many people. If it doesn’t, you could always try out dutasteride.