Can You Do Outdoor Sports With Fibers On?

ThatFunnyAsianDude

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this great forum. Just ordered toppik and nanogen for the first time, pretty excited to try them on once delivered. They seem like great products for diffuse thinners. I am curious if any of you guys have experience doing outdoor sports, say soccer or basketball, basically any sport that requires running, jumping around and maybe also some competitive body contact, with your hair fibers on? Will it easily come off? I know there was a post about how Wesley Sneijder looked great in that 2014 worldcup match and he played the whole game in the rain with toppik on. But still, I would rather prefer to hear some personal experience from this wonderful community.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair fibers are not immune to rain but should tolerate some sweating as long as you haven't drawn your own hairline with hair fibres in which case it will drop down your forehead.

ThatFunnyAsianDude

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair fibers are not immune to rain but should tolerate some sweating as long as you haven't drawn your own hairline with hair fibres in which case it will drop down your forehead.
thanks for the reply man, I won't be messing around with my hairline, just need to put some on the top where I am thinning. guess I better add a spray and do some experiments then :)

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for the reply man, I won't be messing around with my hairline, just need to put some on the top where I am thinning. guess I better add a spray and do some experiments then :)

My hair is getting longer, so it covers some of the areas where I apply it so the only way I lose fibers to rain is if it's heavy rain and I get completely soaked or if I apply too close to the hairline.

ThatFunnyAsianDude

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair is getting longer, so it covers some of the areas where I apply it so the only way I lose fibers to rain is if it's heavy rain and I get completely soaked or if I apply too close to the hairline.
Hi Yakitori, do you also use holding spray? any recommendations? Based on what I read from the many threads here it does not seem the official sprays (from toppik, caboki or any other brand) are worth the money. So I figured just using a generic one from supermarkets is okay?

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Yakitori, do you also use holding spray? any recommendations? Based on what I read from the many threads here it does not seem the official sprays (from toppik, caboki or any other brand) are worth the money. So I figured just using a generic one from supermarkets is okay?

Never tried it. I target very specific areas so the shaker works just fine for me.

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
carry an umbrella in a duffle bag.

You wont sweat them out. They bond to the hair and scalp pretty well.

Last edited:

tojetsetter

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am very active (I go to the gym 5x a week and do hot yoga 3x a week). What I usually do is wear a headband and I ALWAYS have a hat for post work out. Yes, the holding spray works very well but I also like the Got2B Freeze Spray. No I don't work for them!

ZiggyZigZag

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can wear them for sport. They can rub off on a towel or on your hand if you touch your hair.
I use them and go to the gym, I was first worried about the fibres running off my head with sweat. This never happens, you just have to be cautious with touching them as you would during the day. I usually wear less when going to the gym than I would during the day due to putting my head on benches, exercise mats etc.

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I no longer use fibres due to my hairloss becoming too severe. However, when I did use them I played a lot of sport. As other commenters have noted, the main problem is with touching or rubbing your head with a towel when the fibres are in and, especially, after you have sweated. Sweat alone won't cause them to drip down your face or anything, but if someone runs their hands through your hair after you've been working out and you've got fibres in, their hand is going to look like a black glove. Fibres are great for concealing loss, but they're a hassle, and the constant worry of being detected is annoying.

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL at the image of a drawn-on hairline "dropping down" a person's forehead. Well played, sir, well played.