Can We Stop Saying That Nw2 Looks Better Than Nw1?

GreekGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most NW2 celebrities are actually balding and trying to maintain their NW2. I mean guys like Bradley Cooper, Ryan Reynolds, Jon Hamm, all of them are likely on propecia. We've seen their hairlines move lower from transplants. Even on this forum, most people are NW2 and balding. Meanwhile all of the NW1 people seem to show consistent hair thickness year by year. Good examples would be Brad Pitt, Ronaldo, Christian Bale, and Jared Leto. Is NW2 really better than NW1, when it almost certainly guarantees hairloss in the future? I personally think that a well shapen NW1 that leaves a decent sized forehead is the king of all hairlines. It can still frame a masculine appearance as long as the temple points are defined. Not trying to hurt anyones ego, but I've seen a lot of people say that NW2 is the best. What are your thoughts?

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
also brings me to another topic..... so many people here say that you shouldn't get on meds if you are below nw2, but for what reason? keeping your hairloss as subtle as possible is the best option. If I were nw0 and I knew i'd become a nw2/nw3 etc in a matter of months/years I'd get on it asap.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
also brings me to another topic..... so many people here say that you shouldn't get on meds if you are below nw2, but for what reason? keeping your hairloss as subtle as possible is the best option. If I were nw0 and I knew i'd become a nw2/nw3 etc in a matter of months/years I'd get on it asap.
If you're NW0 and get on propecia you might have some sort of brain condition

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
This is NW2?
jon-hamm-balding-lead.jpg

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still think nw2 looks fine and more masculine than a nw1. That’s just my opinion, I’m sure many disagree. But you’re right from the prospect of further balding nw1 is better

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
NW2 only looks better if you are like 40+ years old. Otherwise NW1 is better. NW1 always looks better than NW0 though lol. But im sure most people would rather take a NW2 with thick hair over a diffused NW1 anyday.

GreekGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
NW2 only looks better if you are like 40+ years old. Otherwise NW1 is better. NW1 always looks better than NW0 though lol. But im sure most people would rather take a NW2 with thick hair over a diffused NW1 anyday.
Thats true, NW0 is a chimp hairline and men who have it don't look distinguished or suave at all. I think Brad Pitt's hair is the perfect example of why NW1 is superior to NW2 or NW0. He can literally wear any hairstyle and look good. Long or short, he still looks like a Greek God.

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 0 to 2 doesn't matter. Unless it's an extremely thick NW0 that makes you look like a chimp in most cases.
As for futher loss, I've seen many NW2 stay NW2 their whole lives, and NW1s go to NW6 in a few months. You never know with male pattern baldness. Also, most NW0 go bald too eventually they just start at the crown.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 0 to 2 doesn't matter. Unless it's an extremely thick NW0 that makes you look like a chimp in most cases.
As for futher loss, I've seen many NW2 stay NW2 their whole lives, and NW1s go to NW6 in a few months. You never know with male pattern baldness. Also, most NW0 go bald too eventually they just start at the crown.

Can’t say I’ve ever seen or heard of a nw1 go to an nw6 in a ‘few months’. But maybe that’s just me.

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s worrying.
You never know how fast and when you lose hair. You might get to NW3 and stop there, or you might reach your thirties as a NW1 then lose all your hair quickly. Which is why I always doubt "maintenance" treatments, who says you would have lost more ground if you weren't on it? Hair loss is not a linear process.

scaredaf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really doesn't matter if a guy has a nw0,1 or 2 as long as the hair is thick enough. In this case attractiveness depends on facial features, symmetry, bone structure, eyes etc.