Can Toppik Fibers Be Blocking Hair Growth?

Jane123

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I apply toppik fibers on my scalp, it usually just conceals the thinning areas with a light layer. However, near my part at the front of my head, the toppik always clumps up directly on the scalp. At first it didn't bother me because it covers up the thinning area, but now I'm worried that hair can't grow through the fibers. In other words, at the area just adjacent to the part, there's usually a build-up of fibers- will this inhibit hair growth? I read that hair growth is controlled from inside, not above, but how can the hair grow up if there are these clumped up fibers on top?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no idea i don't use topicals but it is a good idea to keep scalp clean...Do you use Minoxidil?

but i would use a goo scalp cleaning shampoo...Nizoral or Keto shampoos are popular for helping to fight DHT..I dont know if it really fights DHT but i like how my hair comes when i use it. I use Regenepur DR but its expensive and there are a lot of brands that have keto in it.

pete_love

Reaction score
I used toppik from 10 days post-hair transplant and can assure you, it had no impact on my hair growth. My transplant was a success and the hair grew through the fibres.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thats like asking will a bunch of sand on top of a tree stop it from growing?

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used toppik from 10 days post-hair transplant and can assure you, it had no impact on my hair growth. My transplant was a success and the hair grew through the fibres.
Hello can you tell me if you are male/female? I am female, thinking of transplant, but worried that does not work so well in women

Chrissie123

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I apply toppik fibers on my scalp, it usually just conceals the thinning areas with a light layer. However, near my part at the front of my head, the toppik always clumps up directly on the scalp. At first it didn't bother me because it covers up the thinning area, but now I'm worried that hair can't grow through the fibers. In other words, at the area just adjacent to the part, there's usually a build-up of fibers- will this inhibit hair growth? I read that hair growth is controlled from inside, not above, but how can the hair grow up if there are these clumped up fibers on top?
Hi Jane. Just joined tonight. I am currently undergoing a new laser light treatment. During my consultation they told me that my hair fibres can prevent minoxidil being absorbed into the scalp. They told me to use it only when I really need to (to me - that is every time I go out the house). They didn’t actually say it stops your follicles from growing new hair though. They did say that products like hairspray can block your follicles. since they told me this I wash my hair every other day to make sure my scalp is as clean as possible. And only put my fibres on when I really have to which is really difficult. I wear a big pair of sunglasses on my head to cover it all up
I’m obsessed with researching all of this as I’m sure you know it’s a huge problem in my day-to-day life. Please get back to me if you want to know anything else that they told me during the consultation
Christina xx

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Jane. Just joined tonight. I am currently undergoing a new laser light treatment. During my consultation they told me that my hair fibres can prevent minoxidil being absorbed into the scalp. They told me to use it only when I really need to (to me - that is every time I go out the house). They didn’t actually say it stops your follicles from growing new hair though. They did say that products like hairspray can block your follicles. since they told me this I wash my hair every other day to make sure my scalp is as clean as possible. And only put my fibres on when I really have to which is really difficult. I wear a big pair of sunglasses on my head to cover it all up
I’m obsessed with researching all of this as I’m sure you know it’s a huge problem in my day-to-day life. Please get back to me if you want to know anything else that they told me during the consultation
Christina xx
She might not still be on here.